I find it hard to believe I am the only one to get a shedding MONSTER, but hopefully that is so. I thought maybe for 6 mos tops, but after almost THREE years this carpet constantly sheds and loose pile just pulls right out like it was never knotted/glued or whatever kind of securing method was supposed to be in place. Which really bums me out because it is a gorgeous rug. I can just rub a pile of fluff up with a shoe or by moving furniture. I would be curious to know but I doubt any other older purchases will bother coming back as I have, but I felt compelled to warn people. I have purchased other rugs without problems and overall am in love with Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor to medium
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate
The other reviews on this rug convinced me to purchase it, and I am thrilled with the quality - thick pile, luxurious feel, no shedding, elegant, muted colors. It is the perfect match for my soft greenish-blue and brown color scheme (the rug is a bit more aqua blue than the slate blue it appears in the photo - exactly what I wanted). Everyone who comes to my house comments on how gorgeous the rug is. It just makes my entire dining area! Measurements were exactly as stated, it lays perfectly flat and square, and I couldn't be happier. The rug is made by Safiyah (which I have heard is a very good manufacturer). I think this rug is worth far more than double what the price is on Overstock - an excellent buy! I couldn't be happier!
I love this rug. The color is beautiful and fits in perfect with my blue and brown living room. This has to be the softest and most cushiony rug for the price. It is amazing and my friends are envious. Very happy with the quality and the durability, at least so far.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More blue gray than green blue.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent colors, softness is superb and pattern detail is great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
I loved this rug since I saw it on O the first time! The colors are slightly lighter than the picture, but I was hoping it would be. It's very thick and soft rug, exactly what I was looking for my bedroom. I am very pleased with the product and delivery!
Love this rug- the most I've ever paid, but it's worth it. The colors are so soft and creamy, not as harsh as on the photo, and the rug is very soft and thick. I love walking on it! Easy to clean, very attractive and I'm pleased with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are gorgeous - a little lighter than the photo, but overall much more attractive. There are no lines as in the photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent - what a great rug, soft underfoot, rolled out very nicely with no bumps or curls.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfectly described - only it's better in person.
This a great piece if you have any of these colors. Given that it is a bit light, I did place it in a room with less foot traffic. I had absolutely no problems with delivery, unrolling in and placement. It flattened in no time at all. The colors are true to what is shown on the website. I wouldn't expect it to be smoky green. It is definitely blue--if you want to say smoke blue--fine. I do love the color and style. My decorator was quite pleased with my little find on Overstock.com.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty right on. I thought it may be as blue as shown on the site but comments made me think it may not be quite as blue. I say the color viewed online is quite close to what you actually get. Except the gold twigs are more "mustard" color than gold. Either way...it works beautifully and I expected some variation.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great. Thanks all for the additional comments
I had this rug for a couple of days. It seems to have good quality, very soft and pretty thick. However I had to return it, because its actual color is too different from what is shown in the web site. It is a bright aqua blue with green and gold leaves, but the picture shows a more slate blue with brown leaves.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Way off
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This is a very nice wool rug. The lower pile of the patterned leaves does feel a bit stiffer to the touch but is not a concern, just mention that as an observation since the description doesn't mention anything about the "feel" of the different portions of the rug. It arrived in perfect condition and took about a week for the ends to lay flat once unrolled. After a few vacuumings to remove the loose wool material from shipping there is no shedding at all. It's a nice rug and has pleasent color tones that are not overwhelming.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color very much matched what was shown on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a higher end quality rug with absolutely no flaws in material or workmanship.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product was very accurately described.
This was a great looking rug but the quality was poor at best. It arrived with weak backing material which were really just holes waiting to happen. If you put any pressure on the weak spots, your finger would go through the rug and material would just fall out; felt like the rug was molting. Besides the weak backing material, the rug surface wasn't cut or processed correctly. There were numerous uncut loops and there was a resulting white coloring interwoven in the darker leaves. We were really disappointed because the material was soft and the color was perfect for our room. Just don't bother unless you enjoy returning products.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. rug arrived with weak backing material and holes
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
The quality of the product seemed excellent. However, the color displayed didn't match what it really looked like. Delivery was prompt and return seemed easy enough. I hate that I had to pay that much shipping for a product that didn't match the description that well, as that is money down the drain. Overall, if the color had looked better, I would definitely have kept the rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color didn't match the product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the product seemed very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate, just that color didn't look in room as displayed on screen.
Bought this and Soho Vines Lt Blue 8ft round rug for living room/dining room combination. The background blue color matches perfectly and the designs accent each other. They are thick and plush. I love them both. The leaves and vines are a mixture of gold, bronze, and almost white. I would call the blue dusty and subdued. Very relaxing and pleasing look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A bit bluer than picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Plush
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product is better than description
We are very happy with this rug. It is just what I had expected from the picture and description on the website, and it complements my living room funiture beautifully. A very positive purchasing experience. Shipping was quick, too.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Very good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
This rug arrived today, and is really thick and lush. It feels and looks like a very expensive rug. The colors are so beautiful - the blue is *barely* tinted with aqua, the green is a sort of yellowy-green but not too loud, and the ivory is just that - ivory. I definitely recommend this rug, if these are the colors you are looking for. It's exquisite. I bought this size for my dining room, and the runner for the entry hall. They look fantastic! I can't address the issue of shedding yet, since I just got it today.
The rug is beautiful. It was received within a week and in perfect condition. The rug is very thick, and I haven't even put the pad underneath yet. The colors are very pretty. As noted in other reviews, the blue is more of a seafoam blue / green color, but very pretty. The color of the leaves and vines are consistent with the colors shown in the online picture. Would definitely recommend this rug. No shedding, no fringes, no smell. I've ordered 4 other rugs from Overstock and had similarly great service and timely delivery. For similar price, this rug is definitely the thickest of all the wool rugs I've purchased, without the shedding or unique smell.