I did extensive research on this rug and found that Overstock's prices beat ALL other online sites, some by as much as $600. The rug is soft and luxurious and it's even better with a thick underpad. Though I think it's worth noting that there's no gold color in the rug. The lighter stripes are a lighter beige and have a bit of a metallic sheen. If you're comparing with other websites, note that this picture is a very accurate representation. Other sites show a very different color of the same rug. Also, like another reviewer says, this carpet sheds. I've had to vacuum (without the beater brush, as per manufacturer) at least once, if not twice a day, or the little fibers get everywhere. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing. Other than that, it's a very nice rug and complements my décor nicely.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This rug is an attractive, unique design. It it very soft, comfortable to walk on. Threads in the longer pile stripe area do pull out, but not a big problem. Overall, a nice rug at a nice price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Slightly less yellow than on my monitor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Overstock. Com really offers quality rugs for the price. I've ordered a lot online and by far, overstock is the best price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Mostly, but in my house, sometimes it looks gold with a greenish tint and then other times it looks gold.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A quality rug, especially for the price. A real bargain.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Quite accurate.
This is a nice rug for the money. The lighter stripes are gold and have a shiny sheen. The weave/material is a little different than the rest of the rug and really soft. Kind of furry feeling. The darker striped area is more of a golden tan and more like a regular wool rug.
Have had this rug for over a year and it still looks brand new! Gets alot of traffic with dogs, cats and (older) kids. The pile is plush and doesn't show footprints and so thick that it doesn't look worn. Love the colors, golden taupe lower field with tan higher field stripes (with a tiny bit of yellow in it).