OK, I waited a LONG time before writing this review, because I wanted time for the carpet to grow on me. And I still feel the same as I did when we first unrolled the carpet out. 1. The picture on the website, and description, lead me to believe the carpet was blue (light blue). IT is not. It is a muted blue gray speckled with white flecks. The white flecks are dominant. The blue gray does come through, but it is definitely a speckled carpet. And the white flecks do not make the carpet look silvery (like another reviewer wrote)--it just makes it look speckled. 2. the beige is more of a light brown. IT is NOT even close to a "light beige" or "beige"---nothing like the picture shows. 3. The quality is amazing. Very thick carpet. Lovely to walk on. 4. So far, the carpet has not shed so terribly as other reviewers have written. And both my daughters have played on the carpet everyday. 5. No smell at all. 6. The design of the carpet, the colors, the medallions ARE pretty and the carpet IS elegant--high quality and beautiful design, BUT!!!! the colors do not match the description or picture. That is why I gave this rug 4 stars and not 5--because the quality is terrific,but you are not getting what you see in the picture. So, if you order this carpet, you will most definitely get a high quality rug for a great price--don't worry about that (it is super plush), but you will be surprised by the color!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not even close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the "quality" is excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not as accurate as it should have been
We love this rug - it is plush and thick. We were surprised however by the color. It is much lighter in person. I was expecting something that was turquoise - it is not. However, it is a nice color. In combination with the turquoise wool thread, there is also white/cream thread. It gives the turquoise a silvery look - almost making it baby blue. Aside from this, we do really love the rug. And even better - it arrived 2 days after we ordered it!.
The color is more muted, more tan than shown. I fill up my Dyson every time I vacuum.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was more muted, more tan than shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it sheds like crazy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I am super frustrated at the cost of sending this back to Overstock or I'd return it immediately. The photo is not at all accurate IMO. The rug and medallions are so light there is nearly no contrast. It just looks like a large blue area rug, and a very expensive one at that. We bought the rug because it is wool, but it smells very strongly of chemicals, so not sure how that will fare with my asthmatic daughter. On the plus side, it is very thick, so it keeps my 8 month old safe in their playroom, which is what we bought it for. Ironically, Overstock emailed us the day after we bought this that the rug we'd originally wanted, was back in stock. I'd suggest it instead if you're going to buy a rug with Overstock. http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Hand-hooked-Miff-Wool-Rug-79-x-99/4446930/product.html?TRACK=emailcusts&CID=107931
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? No
- How is the quality of the product? Fair
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? No
We purchased this rug about a year ago. It is very pretty and looks great in the house. Reviews were great, but I noticed a few of them reported that the rug sheds, but they assumed it was because the rug was new. I was OK with that, as most new rugs do shed. However, now that we have had the rug for quite some time (way longer than the date we could return it by), we have realized that this rug will never quit shedding. As soon as we got it, we noticed in the spots that get more traffic there are chunks of fibers that come out of the rug and hang there, making the rug look tattered - just pull on them and they come right out! It's as if there is nothing holding the rug fibers in. This rug packs the vaccum full of fibers every single time we vaccum, and leaves rug dust bunnies all over our house, sticks to our feet, clothes, and fibers settle on all of our furniture. There is no escaping it. Now that it is too late to return this rug, we have learned a very expensive lesson - do not buy this rug!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Comparable
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Bad
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I would not have ordered this rug if i knew how much lint it produces on a daily basis. We have had it now for over 3 weeks and still vaccumming every day.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was a bit lighter than expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the rug creates a tremendous amount of lint
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not as accurate as could be
I am not sure what the other reviewing is talking about. This carpet although gorgeous sheds like crazy. I have had it for more than 6 months and it is still shedding enormously.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Factual
I adore this rug and would definitely buy it again. Per other reviews, the pattern is subtle, but it is very elegant in appearance. When new, it sheds a bit, but that diminishes with vacuuming. It is very thick and feels great under foot.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Terrific
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I used the live online customer service on a Sunday before a holiday (I couldn't believe someone was available). My concerns were quality (price was very low for this size rug) and return shipping fees on this item due to its size. Cust svs quoted a very low price on return shipping so I ordered the rug. The high-end name-brand rug was delivered this morning, less than 3 days after I had placed the order. It was exactly what I had expected and the review prior to mine, which included a description of the colors, was very helpful. I am pleasantly surprised, I have already recommended to my friends.
This rug had the potential to be beautiful and I really liked its colors. I wanted so much to keep it. However, the chemical odor was overbearing and almost ruined my home. The odor is still stuck on the carpet where I had laid down this rug. I spent hours airing out my home and also another hour trying to wrap this heavy rug back up in order to have it returned. The representative I spoke with was not very understanding. He insisted that I needed to try a replacement first before they would refund me. I just can't imagine going thru this nightmare again. We still have our windows open and it's cold outside!!!
Okay...I read the reviews...allot of shedding..NOT Mine!! Some say you cant see the design..geez it is so obvious and beautiful ! Yes there are white yarns but it gives it depth!! I don't know how they could have made it any nicer. I got the smaller one for my alcove in the same room and they match perfectly! It is so thick and comf, I have paid the same for another rug and it is NOT as nice as this one.. This is the 4th rug from overstock and I am so lucky to have found this one!! Really a steal at this price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close..softer color than my screen and was exactly as I was hoping it would be!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. By Far the best quality and I am picky!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I LOVE this rug!!! It is an amazing quality! I got a rug pad, but you do not really need it. It is very heavy - I got the 8x11. I literally had to drag it into the house. But it is so worth it!! The bursts are a beige/dark ivory and is not as obvious as in the picture which i was really pleased by. I never write reviews, but I love this rug so much that I had to! I found the same rug on many other sites for $100-500 more! It is a great deal!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is a little bit lighter and has a mix of blue and ivory fibers but looks amazing!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, it does shed some but the same as any rug and it goes away by vacuuming.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
this is the prettiest rug you will ever find, it is soooooooo soft ,chis and elegant.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes