My first review of the carpet was that it looked clean and nice, etc. Since having it for about 10 months now, and having vacuumed it due to shedding since the get-go I am about to throw it away, literally. It SHEDS like nothing I've ever seen before! I can vacuum it daily or more and it still sheds. And when it does, it makes the rug look gray, dingy and filthy bcause the fibers clump together and then sit in globs on the surface of the carpet. I can vacuum it clean and later after the kids have crawled or played on the rug for just a minute, the rug will have shedded again, looking horrible. Seriously, I don't know how this rug is not yet bald. This is the worst rug I have ever purchased and I am afraid to open up the other wool rug I purchased from O. For those of you considering buying this rug, I would avoid this particular rug like the plague, unless you like carpet fuzz everywhere.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Darker and not gold
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The shedding is horrendous
The rug is very thick, soft and beautiful. It sheds a bit but is my 5th wool rug (the others not from Overstock) and I know it will stop eventually...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
First time online rug buyer and I love it (minus the shedding). The big pattern is very suttle yet added so much life to my living room. Although I have other textures and patters it just seems to flow and blend very well. The only thing I don't like is the shedding. I hope that at some point it stops because I really would like the round rug for my bedroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is not as rich and deep as the photo but I am still happy with how it looks.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is good. A little concerned about the shedding.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate
I have had this rug for about ten months now. I have owned wool rugs in the past so I was expecting shedding. I vacuum almost every day and still after all of this time my rug is still shedding a lot. I wanted to give this rug five stars, it is soft and plush and I love how it looks in my living room. Because of the continued shedding I give it four stars.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color slightly lighter than poto
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality but sheds
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
This rug brightened my somewhat dark living room. I have lots of dark Oriental carpets with intricate patterns. This modern, but under-stated rug brings the room together. The rug is fairly thick and seems well made. I've vacuumed it once and it didn't come apart or anything. It feels nice under your feet. I agree that it looks lighter in person than in the picture, and that's good. I have honey-colored bamboo floors, and this looks great with them. Dimensions were perfect for me. Bottom line: this is a good quality, nice looking rug that happens to look great with my decor.
This is the first time I bought a rug unseen (i.e. online) but it is a great success! The picture is pretty much what you get color-wise. The rug is soft, thick, easy to clean and has gorgeous colors. A stellar bargain as well! I will buy the matching runner when it is in stock again (hopefully it will be soon!).
the picture is pretty much what it looks like in person. the one thing you can't tell from pictures is what the rug will feel like and the thickness of it. this rug is nice and thick and feels soft on your feet. i was very pleased with the product that came to my door and would recommend this to anyone!
I love, love, love this rug. After searching through pages of wool area rugs, when I saw this and thought it would be perfect against chair fabric I was having a difficult time finding the right area rug for. I was so thrilled to discover my instincts were correct. The color is beautiful, the quality is excellent, with just enough whimsy and brightness to add a smile to the room. Very little shedding so far. This is my third wool rug purchase from Overstock from this manufacturer... all have been excellent quality.... I have never been disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close, slightly more subdued...which I actually like.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. Thick, soft pile. Seems durable and is very heavy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent.