After reading other reviews on the color issue, I decided to go ahead with it anyway since the room it was for is neutral and I love the bold pattern. I have a Ben. Moore paint chip fan deck that I put against the rug and the color best matches "sea pine AC-17" which -like others have said- is a greyish-blue. Like any good "mysterious color" it changes throughout the day and with sunlight or lamplight... but I still like it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? poorly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. LOVE this squishy thick rug, feels wonderful under bare feet
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I had high hopes for this rug. Unfortunately, the color was off enough that it contrasted heavily with our sofa. The color leans more blue grey than a true grey; which is what we were looking for. The returns process was simple enough but the expense to return it was quite high, roughly $**. I think overstock should do a better job explaining to the customer that although shipping is only $2.95 on such a large item, returns are not the same price. I've been quite pleased with my previous purchases just extremely frustrated with the expense of this return.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The site decsribed the color as grey but in all actuality it's more blue in color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the product was exceptional!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site accurately described the product.
I have been looking for a rug for some time for my dining room. The pattern on this is gorgeous and just perfect for what I was looking for. After reading the reviews, I knew the color would be slightly off from the true grey shown in the image. It is slightly blue-grey, but I expected this and it works with my decor and color-scheme. The rug is soft, thick, and well made. It does shed some and yet it has not annoyed me, a good vacuuming has helped. Being that it's under a table and not walked on often, it doesn't appear to be an issue. Love Overstocks fast shipping and excellent customer service. No complaints here!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Slightly different
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Soft and made well, but does shed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Mostly accurate
I love this rug and it is a perfect fit in my dining room. The quality is excellent and I am impressed with the thick plush. The price was very affordable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is bluer than the picture online, but the rug is so beautiful and it works well in my room.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Superb quality!! I want more rugs like this in my home.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate; the color is a blue grey not just grey
The pattern centers the eye and brings the room together. Without being intrusive, the design allows for random pieces of furniture to be tied into a visual whole. Gives an immediate tasteful impact - almost seems in quiet motion. A great rug for any room!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A Matchless Match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I love this rug but it sheds so much. We have had it for about two weeks now and it's only getting worse. I will just keep on vacuuming it everyday though because I do love it! This color is def not grey it's blue/green which I suspected it would be after reading all the reviews and bought it anyway with that in mind and it looks really nice in my room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? This is more of a greenish/ blue color not grey like it says
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Love it but it sheds a lot
I loved the look and pattern of this rug and went ahead and ordered it despite many of the not-so-great reviews. I actually loved the slightly light blue hue to the rug, but the shedding was ridiculous. Also, the rug cleaned up very poorly, and thus did not stand up to the kid and pet traffic in my home. The rug was actually so unattractive after 6 months that I have gotten rid of it. Wish I had saved myself the money and listened to what others before me had said about it.
We bought this rug to match our gray decor for under the dining table. Open concept home and this rug clashed so badly due to is BLUE PASTEL very light color. Its now in the bedroom as an accent rug because it cost to much to return. If you want blue this is a very good quality thick wool rug. Slight shedding which should disappear with age.
I have restoration hardware light blue/ cream walls. People described the carpet as being more blue than gray so I thought it would work. The color is actually more green against my walls. The quality was great and I do wish it had worked!
First of all this rug has not one gray thread in it. It is a light slate blue-ish color. That being said, I ordered after reading other reviews knowing the color difference and it is just what I was looking for. It is a very well made rug, some shedding, but to be expected with wool. The off white detail is raised slightly from the blue color. It is a thick plush comfy rug and feels great underfoot. I would highly recommend, unless you are looking for something gray.
We got this rug for our nursery - for our daughter's arrival. We planned on gray and pink - but this rug is definitely blue. We're keeping the rug because it's beautiful, well made, and the pattern is very flattering and actually makes the room look larger. But - as someone who was trying to stick to a specific color scheme, this was pretty upsetting. If you are okay with a blue rug - then I couldn't recommend this product more - it's really stunning. But if you want real gray, they I would look elsewhere.
It's been two years and this rug never stopped shedding like crazy. Vacuumed not only the rug constantly but the kids clothes as well. I love the pattern but not worth the headache and time spent vacuuming (without the beater brush). Needless to say the rug is in storage. A couple of things I have learned (just from researching), if it sheds past 6 months will regular gentle vacuuming, then it is a quality issue (not normal wool shedding), and it can also have to do with the fibers being a staple fiber (shorter) rather than a continuous filament fiber. The shorter ones shed more. If you rug still has the manufacturers tag still attached, you can probably find out which it is it will have initials such as CF, BCF, CFN it is continuous filament (the good kind). THIS IS THE BAD KIND. There is also no manufacturer's warranty on it so you have no recourse if the return period is past.
We love this rug! It does shed when traffic is high but for the most part it's just fine. A quick run over with the vacuum fixes it right up. The color matches our living room perfectly. It is a little more blue-ish than the picture. I'd refer to it as a light blue rug and goes great with warm colors and our gray/blue/teal/yellow living room color combo.
I was concerned about ordering this because I figured it would be a pain to send back. Some reviews complained about the color even calling it mint green. This is not mint green, it is slightly shiny baby blue with a hint of grey. I was looking for a grey or blue rug so this fit right in the middle. It is beautiful, makes a statement and works great if you are looking for an elegant, silvery grey blue rug.