I fell in love with the colors and design of this online and that part did not disappoint in the least. It's very thick and soft and makes a very beautiful impression. What I hadn't anticipated is that the "starbursts" are in fact made of a different fiber that does stand out quite significantly from the wool fibers. It's a design element that makes this rug so interesting (I''m using it in a hallway area where I wanted it to stand out) but I can agree with other reviewers that it might be off putting and that some pets, cats especially, might take the opportunity to pull at the longer fibers and ruin the rug. My husband felt the longer fibers were "weird" but he's grown used to it over time.
I purchased this wood rug as a fireplace hearth rug - 100% wool is naturally flame retardant. I couldn't be happier - it's modern and sophisticated - not your run of the mill hearth rug for sure. The sunburst decorations are raised up which gives it a really unique look. Lots of compliments on this rug.
This is a beautiful runner. In fact I ordered this runner first before I decided to order the rug for my living room. It matched my new couch and ottoman nicely.It has been a few weeks since I had the rug and runner . Just like the other reviews, I am concerned about vacuuming the items as I have picked about 4 loose ribbons from the rug and runners. I will have to figure out how to clean the rug and runner soon . If other buyers have figured out how to clean the items, please post ideas for others. Thank you. Otherwise, the items are beautiful and of above average quality.
Nice touch of color in the front hall. The blue is more on the aqua side rather than a baby blue, but it goes well. The cat doesn't like it much, the "bursts" are of a stiffer fabric that stands up instead of laying down. Remains three dimensional! Would buy again.
This runner looks absolutely beautiful in my hallway. It is such a pleasure to walk on it because it so plush. I have not had to clean it, so I don"t know about the ease of care.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Extremely accurate
Great rug, highly recommended! Have received lots of compliments on mine and plan to order in another color for a different room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I was worried that the tufts of fabric would pull out overtime with vacuuming and from my dog's nails, but it's really held up. I probably wouldn't have bought the rug if I knew it wasn't a flat/smooth rug, but it ended up being ok.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close. I would just say that the brown isn't as dark as the image reflects.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A lot better than expected. It's my dog's favorite rug and it has held up to his nails.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description doesn't make it clear that the color panels are essentially 3D - they are made of little fabric tufts.
I'm using these 2 runners on either side of my bed since my floor is marble and I wanted to step out of a warm bed onto a rug. The pile is raised where the designs are, which surprised me, but the rugs are so pretty and unusual, that I wanted to keep them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice wool rug
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I didn't realize the "starbursts" were raised, but the rugs are unusual and I like them
I bought this for my entry way hallway. My hall closet cannot open while the runner is down, so I have to kick up the sides every time I need to get our jackets (we live in Seattle, so you see the issue...). The rug is not all the same depth, the fireworks on it are made of shag and stand up much higher than the rest of the rug, hence not allowing doors to slide over it. Also, if you have a dog, they might fancy chewing on it, like mine did even though the doesn't chew on any other piece of furniture. If I didn't have kids, a dog, any doors, then this would have been a nice addition.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice