I read the reviews prior to purchasing this rug. The other review stated that there was an extraordinary amount of shedding. I tried to vacuum over 8 times and used a lint roller and tape to collect all the shedding fibers... NO LUCK.. I got another rug at ***** for $100 more and not one strand is found with lint roller. If I were you, don't buy this rug based on the fact that there is so much shedding. You walk on it and the bottom of your pants and socks are covered in static fiber messes. Still have and can't return because of their policy, so I keep it rolled up - not sure what to do with it.
I debated over this rug for a YEAR. I finally got it and love it so much. I literally smile when I walk in the door and see it. This rug totally transformed my living room. I run the vaccum over it and it's fine, some of the ribbon thingys frayed a bit but I don't mind. I also have a very active dog and she just rolls around on it and doesn't bother the ribbon thingys. It's a great rug. Just buy it.
This rug is very interesting, in a good way! Its soft and the "star bursts" are actually made of ribbons that have been sewn into the wool rug and stick up about 1/3 of an inch, sort of like shag. Very cool. An issue... I've vacuumed it once so far and a few of the ribbons started to unravel. I cut the lose threads and now they look fine, but I'm concerned about the longevity of the rug. I might try putting a little bit of glue on the ends of the ribbons to keep them from unraveling, but that will be quite a project as there are a lot of them!
I looked at this rug for quite a while before deciding to purchase! It is beautiful and goes perfect with my decor. Ive received many compliments on this rug. The rug is wonderfully plush, however, when i vacuumed the rug for the first time, strands from the bursts came loose, so much so that i had to give the bursts a "haircut". . which i am hoping wont continue to happen.
I've had this rug for 5 years & I am finally going to replace it. When I first got the rug it shed like crazy! But that wasn't that big of a deal to me I just kept vacuuming & eventually it got better. Overall this was a great rug for the price but after 5 years it's definitely starting to show the dirt so it's time to replace. I've contemplated just re-ordering the same rug b/c I like it so much (& have gotten so many compliments on it).
I have this rug for about 5 years.. still shadding.. I have to clean floor around it all the time. I had few stains on it (kids with juices), was trying to wash it.. finally, thinking about getting new rug, not that expensive, not that white (having heart attac each time someone staping on it with shoes on), and defenetly not from wool that still will all over my house.
This rug is very pretty and the quality seems fine although we did not use it at all. the background color is WHITE, we thought it was more beige in the photo. since it is going in an area where white will not look good after a day, we had to return it.
Great rug, looks nice. Made of wool, quite heavy. We love it in our bedroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matched exaclty
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
This is a plush, dense pile and the loose flat 'strawlike' pile of the starburst design is also well constructed. I've had it over a year and it still looks like new even though I've used it in my bathroom. Very soft to walk on...just a great rug!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
This rug is so beautiful it just makes my room so comfortable. Looks great in front of my brown leather sofa and chair. Quality is fantastic
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Amazing
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
MAY BE I GOT THE DAMAGED ONE, BUT I WAS AFRAID TO TRY AGAIN AND DECIDED TO RETURN THE RUG. IT WAS A VERY EASY AND COURTEOUS PROCESS. FAST AND PAINLESS RETURN AND DELIVERY.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? PERFECT
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. PARTS OF THE RUG WITHOUT DESIGN ARE SUPER SOFT AND GREAT QUALITY. PROBLEM CAME WITH DESIGN OF THE CIRCLES. LITTLE RIBBONS KEPT FALLING OF.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? IT WAS FAIRLY DESCRIBED, ESCEPT THE DESIGN OF THE CIRCLES.
This rug is very contemporary and goes well w/ the decor of my living room. It is both elegant and casual. Highly recommend this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Awesome area rug! We saw the exact same rug at a major department store for 3x's the cost of Overstock! Great rug and great value! Beautiful rug with unique design.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect! I actually saw this rug at a department store for 3x the cost of Overstock! Exact same rug!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, some of the ribbons do come out and fray with vacuuming, but adds volume to design, so I like it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I have had this rug for about a year now. I loved it at first, especially the sheen that the ribbon star bursts brought to the rug. If you are going to have this rug in a room that is not used, then this rug will be great. But if the room gets anything more than moderate use, I suggest you look elsewhere. I put this rug in front of our couch, and it has not worn well. The ribbon star bursts are all frayed now, from walking, sitting, vacuuming and cats (who like one area for scratching their claws on :( ). I started out now using the beater brush on the vacuum, but noticed that all of the loose fibers were not taken up this way. So I used the brush, and it did help to get up the excess fibers, but after a while it also started to eat the ribbons. And the rug still sheds! Most wool rugs shed a bit when you first get them, but I am still able to get massive handfuls of wool a year later. It is a beautiful rug, but it was not appropriate for where I wanted to use it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little lighter than shown, but this was expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It sheds and the ribbons degrade over time
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Decent