What a beautiful rug! I read the other reviews and ordered the rug with the expectation that the background color would be more of a gray tone than the light blue pictured, and it was! The white, green, and gold tones have a very pretty sheen to them, and the rug is nice and soft underfoot with a dense pile. I noticed minimal shedding the first week, but not much since. This rug fits in perfectly with my modern/transitional decor and goes very well with, and almost matches, my wall color (BM Moonshine) and mocha laminate floors.Was delivered within a few days of order, and was well packaged. There was no smell to the rug when I unwrapped it. It layed mostly flat when I unrolled it, one end did stick up but was laying flat by the next day. Excellent quality, fast delivery on a name-brand rug that sells for twice as much elsewhere. Would recommend this rug to anyone looking for a beautiful, soft, high-quality wool rug!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Background color is more gray than light blue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The rug is alright and I can live with it, but compared to the excellent reviews that I read online, it did not strike me as that excellent. It is more traditional looking than I had hoped -- on picture it looked clear and fresh, but in real life, it feels it would belong to a relatively old or traditional style home. I also feel as if the "white" branches" on the rug take up smaller proportions than what it looks like on the picture (I ordered 8*8), and for some reason, it just looks "dirtish" easily. My vacuum machine seems to pick up quite a lot from the rug upon first trial, and I'm not sure if that's normal for wool rugs. It does worry me a bit. If I had seen this rug in a local store, I probably would not buy it, although the color matches with my wall perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. up to expectations
Despite the rug not being as blue or as slate as I'd hoped, I still love it. It is a plush rug - nice underfoot, and passable for lying on. It's hard to portray colour accurately online as each monitor influences how the colour is presented and can shift it quite a lot. It was more accurately presented on my husband's mac then it was on my Asus Eee PC net book. Just be prepared for the colours to be more in the khaki-pistachio-green-grey family then the blue family. I'd say it's on the green side of the line just before blue, in the subtle grey variety of both and with that slight khaki twist. Oh well, I guess describing colour is challenging! I'd link to a paint colour swatch if I had the time to make a good comparison so you could check with the nearest home depot to verify the colour you're getting. I wish the carpet manufacture would do this (HINT HINT). No synthetic smell when I unrolled it, just good old fashioned wool and canvas backing. Perhaps because I have not vacuumed it yet I have not come across any shedding issues and in these few days since having opened it up, have had no reason to think shedding is going to be an issue. Overall - I love it. It has feminised my room and made it super welcoming.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was quite different but still pretty. More grey-green then grey-blue. And the "greeninsh" florals were more ochre. At least the whites were white, or grey white.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good - a nicely, consistently, thick carpet with good colour spread.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Could improve on the colour description.
The rug was thicker and denser than I expected for the low price -- a very good thing! The quality is great, and the colors really brighten up our room. Beautiful!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. much better than I expected
we love the rug. there is a surprise luster to some of the yarns (the pale greens) that just make this rug special. we loved the delivery time. we ordered a black one first and Overstock handled the return shipping to exchange for the blue.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so far, so good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine