I love this rug because it adds a little pizazz to my family room. I read the reviews and knew that it would shed, however, I didn't expect to still be vacuuming up as many fibers as I do months later. Buyer beware it is wool and still continue to sged for a while to come.
I got this rug for my apartment bedroom and have to say it's an exceptional value. It's very thick and well made, the color is within reason of what you see on the website. Very comfortable to walk on, does a great job of absorbing sound reflections in the room, and looks great on the hardwood floor. Two things you might want to be aware of; First, when it's shipped to you, they fold it over before they roll it and package it, due to UPS's size restrictions. I thought I might have received the wrong size rug when it was delivered, but after unrolling it I saw it was the right one. Second, as others have mentioned, this rug does shed. It will shed the most when you first install it, and then it lessens. If you have a Dyson vacuum, be sure to empty the canister before you vacuum this rug for the first time. I did three passes over the entire rug, and the lint filled the canister to the max mark each time. But after those initial cleanings, it hasn't shed as much. (And if you don't have a Dyson vacuum and you're buying this rug, you just found your excuse to get one.) Again, vacuuming aside, this is a cool looking rug and a great value for this amount of money. I'm very happy I bought it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty darn close; not quite as vivid or saturated as it appears on the site, but some of that is to be expected with computer displays.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thicker and plusher than I was expecting, and it was a nice surprise. Very well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I'd say pretty accurate, within reason.
Love the rug, similar to what we had in terms of color and pattern but seems better made. Very cushy. Would probably have rated it somewhere between excellent and good if I could have. Only issue we are having (and it is a smallish one) is the shedding. I can vacuum a whole canister of fuzz up every few days. Trying to do that regularly as it seems my dog is allergic/sensitive to something on the carpet which I am guessing is the wool fibers being shed. He is crazy itchy since we put it down. I went out and purchased an inexpensive runner to lay over part of the new rug so he can lay on that rather than the wool. Hoping things will change once the rug stops shedding so much. Over all I like it a lot and appreciate the great deal I got -- not easy to find a 9x13 rug under $$$ with next to nothing in shipping. My last one was three times the price. Thanks Overstock for the great deals. Keep the coupons coming.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as others noted colors are a little more muted in person, monitor makes them look darker than they really are
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. impressed with quality, could do without all the shedding
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? mostly accurate but glad I read others comments about the color of it in reality compared to computer screen
The colors are muted and the rug is really nice. Does shed but it is wool. Colors not as bold as displayed but soft and understated making for a very pretty rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
The carpet came within two days of ordering and we are completely satisfied. The colors are particularly pleasing as they are deep and rich. The room in which we have this carpet is the most used/abused and overpopulated in our house and the favorite playing ground of dogs so we need strong colors, light shedding and durability to withstand the pummeling. At a fabulous price for a 9.5 X 13.5 carpet, we could not be happier.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Ture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, nice deep pile, does not shed overly, colors are deep and pure. While the packaging and delivery process presented some wrinkles in the carpet, with just a little time these fell out and the carpet lies nicely
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? True
THIS IS A STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS RUG! THE PHOTO AND DESCRIPTION ARE ACCURATE BUT DON'T REALLY DO IT JUSTICE. THE PILE IS VERY DEEP (IT WEIGHS 99 POUNDS!) AND THE COLORS BRILLIANT. I WAS SO IMPRESSED WITH THE QUALITY AND DESIGN OF THE 9' ROUND MATCHING RUG I BOUGHT THAT I TOOK A CHANCE & INVESTED IN THIS LARGER ONE & I'M VERY GLAD I DID. IN FACT, I ALSO BOUGHT THE MATCHING 5' ROUND RUG & THE 6' SQUARE RUG.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? YES
- How is the quality of the product? SUPERB
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? YES
The rug is perfect. We had expected it might be too bright and overpowering ,however, the colors are much richer and softer than the picture. We have a rather southwest look to our living room and felt it might look out of place,in which case it would be put in the den. The den will have to wait. The rug looks warm and compliments the rest of the living room and will stay there. Very pleased.
Wow, this is just as described, arrived ahead of schedule and is absolutely beautiful. It has been on the floor for 5 days and is flat, thick and vibrant. It is just the right thing for a very awkward room in my entry way. I also purchased the matching runner and smaller version for in front of the door. Order with confidence. This was a painless, wonderful transaction.