I am a very disappointed shopper. My rug arrived today sooner than expected -- yay! But when I unwrapped and unrolled it, I discovered the reds were not red and the colors in the rug are not as rich or as deep as they appeared on the website -- boo! In some instances, what I expected to be red is hot pink. In other spots, the red is at best a salmon pink. Also, it is important to note that the height of the pile varies throughout the rug depending upon the design. The rug essentially has 3-D designs. Knowing this ahead of time would have kept me from purchasing it. I prefer my rugs to be one-D.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very different.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product appears to be a good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Color description was not accurate.
You will love it. Your children will love it. Your pets will love it. Yes, it sheds, yes it won't look perfect forever (esp if your cats "love" it as much as mine do). But the rug is gorgeous, it will arrive quickly and brighten your day every time you pause to enjoy it!
This rug is fabulous! The colors in the photo are pretty much dead on what the product actually looks like. It makes a great statement in my living room. Unfortunately, the cats love it a little too much as well, but it's so thick that a few moments with the scissors makes it look like new. Also, the product literally was at my door less than 48 hours from the moment I purchased it. MUCH faster than expected!
Was looking for something to jazz up my family room which consisted of a tan suede sectional, a similarly colored sisal style carpeting, and a dark wood entertainment center and bookcases...blah, but needed something for inspiration! This rug surely did the trick!!! Very rich colors true to the picture and very plush -- appears that it will stand up well in its environment. I also, for those looking for items that compliment decorating with this rug, bought a pair of the armless paprika chairs sold on Overstock -- the colors go beautifully!!! Add some complimentary pillows -- i added the pillows that came with the chairs to my sectional (along with those i already had in the rug's hues) and threw some gold toned pillows on the chairs -- and voila! A very stylish and contemporary feel that is very warm and inviting. The rug also compliments dark wood furniture very nicely as it has some dark brown elements as shown in the picture. The variety of colors in the rug also gives you many options for selecting accessories for the room to tie the look together. For the record, my home has more of a country flair, so this has modernized the feel of the room while keeping that character alive as well.This rug will compliment many styles is my point -- ethnic, contemporary, edgy traditional, and country.ENJOY!!! (I only gave it 4 stars for value as I'm not real sure what rugs this size run...it is pricier than some and not as pricey as others, and without seeing all the others in person it is hard to say --- but it was exactly what i was looking for and the price seemed reasonable and within my budget)
This rug is truly gorgeous. I've admired it for years in the Garnet Hill catalog. What a great value. It is thick and the colors are true to picture. I'm planning to also buy a runner. I've ordered other rugs on-line that come with a musty odor. Not this one. Thank you Overstock.com
This is a beautiful, beautiful rug. I absolutely love it. The colors are great but the reds in the middle sections are more like a salmon color. The red on the end section are a deep red but not burgundy. There is so much color in the rug that the overall effect is fantastic. I wanted something to brighten up my living room that is done in browns and mochas. This goes perfectly and gives the room some liveliness and a feel of being complete. The quality is so good that I was pleasantly surprised given that the price was so reasonable. I have bought other rugs from overstock and had to return them because the colors or quality was not what I expected but this one is wonderful. I have a dog and 2 cats that love it too and it has shown no signs of wear and tear. There is a bit of chemical odor that I don't find to be too bothersome and it is fading over time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close, see below
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Totally excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
So I added this rug to my cart and watched it sell out twice over four months before I took the plunge and purchased it. I have a house built in the 1930s that was furnished with very traditional leather furnther from my previous family room in the suburbs. The room already has a lot of character with wood floors, plaster walls and the original restored fireplace and I wanted to create a living room that is eclectic, non-traditional, colorful, warm and inviting.When I unrolled the rug, I knew this was it! It is the first thing people notice when they walk into the room and I have decorated the room around the color pallette of this rug. I have a mustard couch, wood and leather side chairs, red sari curtains and accents that pull all of the color together. The rug helped me create a space that I love to spend time in whether I'm reading a book or entertaining friends. As for the colors, the red on the end with black and gold is very deep and dark. The "reddish" in the middle sections is lighter, almost salmon, but not ugly, pink salmon. I decorated as if it is all red, and the room looks perfect! Highly, highly recommend!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close - the reds are a little less vivid
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality rug - I recommend a pad for a little softness but it looks and feels like wool
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This rug seems to be very good quality, heavy and durable. The design is attractive, with many different patterns in horizontal bands across the rug. The rug is somewhat "sculpted" with raised patterns. The reason I gave the rug a 4 instead of a 5 is that the colors are not as pictured. Yes, there is some rust and gold in the rug, but there is also a lavender/purple band through the middle! Perhaps the rugs vary in color individually or by size. There is also some green, black and a few others in small areas.
This rug is beautiful and perfect compliment to our newly renovated basement. It's laying on saltillo (terra cotta) tile and looks amazing. I have bought several rugs from Overstock and have never been disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The greens might be a little more muted than the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fantastic
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good, and the reviews were very helpful.
I was surprised at the brand name of this rug as i would have thought it to be unaffordable but it wasn't on Overstock. The color is great & it really makes the room so much so that My Husband wanted to order a backup in case something would happen to it. The only downside which i had read in other reviews is that with a pet the fibers catch on the paw claws & get lifted & have to be trimmed. But even still it looks great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality but often has fibers that need to be cut off
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The rug looks fantastic and it's a nice bonus that it's carved. Nice and think and great quality. All the furniture looks better with this rug, and it pulls it all together. Highly recommend!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The picture on the site doesn't show that the middle strip is very, very purple.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is carved - a nice bonus
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate but i would have liked to have known that the middle stripe was purple
This is such a gorgous rug and the price was great. It makes my room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? more beautiful in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
I love this eclectic rug. It has warmed my home and given great color to a neutral backdrop. It is whimsical, yet very well made and I hope to enjoy it for a long time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors are much brighter, especially the purple panel in real life.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far, I had very little shedding. I think it is a very well made rub
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I have been trying rugs, buying them and then changing them for a couple of years now. Oh yes, the used ones are rolled up and in basement storage. I could open my own shop. The moment I saw this rug on the floor, my heart started to palpitate. Yes, this is finally the one and I am so excited. It has so many colors in it that I can throw punches of color all over the room. I cannot wait to start decorating around this Beautiful Rug. My search is finally over!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color quite close, although the dark middle stripe is a light purple and black. Beautiful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The best quality of any rug I have ever had.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I just received this rug in a extremely timely fashion. It is a good quality wool with beautiful multicolors. Please note that I bought the hallway runner size, not the bigger sizes. It is one of those items that catches the eye immediately and adds a flare to whatever room you use it in. I was also pleased with the price and believe (for once) that I got my monies worth.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not quite as bright as the example.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality wool rug, thick and soft.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
The colors do look a bit dull and different in person than in the picture. I also agree with the other reviewer about the rug being 3 dimesional..if it inot your style you will not like it. The Overstock rep was considerate enough to send me a shipping label but otherwise I'd have to pay $@# to return it. It is a quite a bit heavy so returning it was a bit of a pain, but I returned it. Lesson learnt: Don't buy rugs online. It is better to see them in person, especially if this is your first rug purchase. No complaints against overstock, the rug was just not my style.