Firstly, if you have qualms about buying an area rug from overstock.com, rest easy. This is my 3rd in 6 years. I do wind up replacing them every couple of years because I have a dog that likes to chew rugs, but Lulu has seemed to leave this one alone so far. This rug is not my usual style, but I was trying to complement some colorful throw pillows. This rug adds color and design interest beautifully. The colors are muted, not bright. One note, while I knew there was blue in the rug, I thought it might be more gray, One panel is definitely a dusty blue, while the other panels could pass for gray. Colors are dusty blue, gray, light green, old gold, brown/orange. It is also textured within each design panel, which I have found to like. It is wearing well, and has the funky kind of vibe I was looking for. For the price, and minimal shipping charge, it's hard to find a better deal. Just open the package carefully, because if you do have to return it, you will need to use the same packaging.
I rated this rug 2 stars because the colors are TOTALLY off from what is shown on the website. I did read 1 or 2 reviews on this rug saying that the colors were subdued but still beautiful. I ordered the rug thinking that while the golden and blue hues would be "subdued" the basic colors of blue stripe, yellow/gold stripe with rust/red accents were what I needed in the dining area to repeat those same colors already in the adjacent family area. Well, there is absolutely NO blue in the rug - the closest it comes is a Payne's grey of different values. Neither is there any yellow/gold - not in a stripe, not even in an overall warm color cast of the whole rug. The overall hue of this rug is a cool grey, the lighter stripes have a frosted look, the darker with a "purple-ish" one. There are rust/reddish accents that tend toward a rose hue. I could not handle the complications of re-wrapping and returning this heavy 7'6 x 9'6 rug so I now have to "make-do" with it and try to adjust colors that I already had in place to work with those of the rug. Since I'm sure I'm not the only person who shops for home decor and furnishings based on color as well as pattern, material, etc. I do not understand why the pictures presented online don't more closely represent the colors of the actual item, instead of just letting reviewers indicate that the true colors are merely "more subtle" than those shown.
Product is not 100% wool. This is written on the tag underneath the carpet. Colors are nothing like the online picture. They are more in the pastel vein.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors on screen are nothing like colors of carpet.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not entirely accurate.
This is a lovely rug that would probably look good anywhere. The colors are more muted then they appear on line, so it is actually fairly neutral. There is a lot of variety with textures and pattern, but because the colors are muted, the piece is not overwhelming to a room., No smell when opened, no big shed factor. Would certainly recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors are more muted in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I really like the colors and design on the web site. However colors are not as vivid as in the photo. The carpet feels not as soft as I would have liked.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors are lighter than the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate
Great design. Colors are interesting & appealing, but lighter & more muted than they appear on the internet. Delivery was very prompt & rug was carefully & efficiently wrapped. Only negative was a chemical smell to the rug for the first several days after it was rolled out. It eventually went away, but was very noticeable intially.
This carpet has been down in my dining are for a while now. The colors are suttle and many...I can not find anything to not like about it. It was a good purchase and so...i bought two smaller ones to use in the kitchen. All ties together nicely. Glad I found them at OS.
The rug looks great under our dining room table and will look even better when the new chairs that we ordered from overstock get here! We thought the color in the middle was blue but it has a purple tinge to it but we decided that it works for us anyway. There were some snafus in the ordering / delivery process so the rug was delayed. Overstock gave us an OK credit to compensate. Also, it had a cut in the backing of the rug and OS again gave us a decent credit. We like the rug and overstock ended up doing it well.
I wanted to find that a rug that would pull some of the colors I use in my livingroom into my dining room so it was a more cohesive space. This rug fit the bill perfectly. The colors are muted and yet distinctive. The rug does shed but not as much as I expected. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase.
I first ordered the runner rugs. I was so pleased with them. Nice and thick and 100% wool---some shedding but very normal. They look wonderful at our mountain home The bigger version is even more beautiful. It replaces a rug I had ordered from O---but was not pleased with. As usual O came through and made things right
This rug is FUN!! I bought it for our playroom and it is perfect. We love th colors and it's thick so it's comfortable to sit on. It does shed a lot as another review had mentioned so I've had to vacuum it alot and that has caused some of the threads to pull. I've now chaged my vacuum setting from low to high to help minimize the pulls. For the price (which I thougt was very inexpensive) this a better quality rug than I expected. My kids love it and we get a ton of compliments on it from guests.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors were a little lighter than online but it wasn't too drastic and iknew ot expect it my reading other reviews. I love the color combination.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I think it's good quality for the price. It does look or feel cheap or flimsy and it's nice and thick.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I felt the onsie description and the reviews helped me make a good informed decision
The shipment was prompt and the rug arrived untouched. The colors are exactly as in the pictures but even more muted - faded, that was what I was hoping reading the previous reviews- thanks. That rug does not shed much though it is 70 % wool ( it is written on the label underneath). It fits almost any room being so unusual and well balanced in design. Though it is not made in New Zealand but in China , on the whole we are very satisfied with that purchase. We have had it for 3 weeks so far.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It matched the description on your website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very accurate- it was made in China - not New Zealand and it only 70% wool
The colors are true to the picture, although perhaps a bit more muted. Lots of colors, making it really easy to coordinate with the rest of whatever room you put it in. Adds a lot of life to a room, thick and soft under the feet. No rug grip needed.