When we received the rug and I first peeked at the corner, I was surprised by the sheen of the shag. It has a definite shine to it. Once we rolled the rug out, however, it looks very nice. The pile is longer and looser than what I would have guessed from the picture, but the quality of the rug seems pretty high. Overall, we are happy with the look of the rug. (And very happy not to be dealing with tufted wool issues :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The silver is definitely 'shinier' than on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The pile is a bit sparse, but the overall quality seems high.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Quite accurate. No complaints with description.
This shag carpet is the perfect addition to my child's room. It's cozy, and stylish. The carpet does need a rug pad - we got one that's a bit thicker, as the shag in the rug is not very cushioned. After we started using it with the rug pad, we have been very pleased. The silver color is nice - not metallic, but not as dull as a grey. The carpet did smell like plastic when I first unwrapped it (it is made from polyester,) so I aired it out in our front room for three days before putting it in our child's room.
Purchased this as a Christmas gift for myself. It arrived very quickly. It did not leave a lingering "new rug smell" either. It is a little thinner plush wise than I imagined, but nothing a rug pad won't fix. The color is a beautiful shiney silver. And the texture is very nice and soft on feet. Looks very classy and elegant, which is exactly what I was going for. It also vacuums up great! I would definitely recommend this product if you are looking for a beautiful rug. Of you are putting it on hard flooring, I would recommend purchasing a rug pad as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thinner than expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good