The rug looks great in my living room. The colors are exactly what I hoped they would be. The red and navy both have a slightly striated look, which makes it look a little bit aged, but I like it. The rug looks much more expensive than it was and it arrived incredibly fast.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The red is a true red and the navy border is lovely.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I am very satisfied with the quality and texture of the rug. Thick and soft.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
COLOR: This is for a large family room. The red is more of a striated red and the BLUE border (not black as it looks in the photo) also has slight variations to simulate a vegetable dyed rug. It has a very slightly aged look which is perfect for the room. It's also easier to hide imperfections (or stains if one EATS IN THE FAMILY ROOM EVEN THOUGH THEY"RE NOT SUPPOSED TO! Unfortunately that includes me as well....) SHIPPING: If possible, ask if it will be shipped: rolled or folded. Mine was folded and still has some bumps after a couple of months. HOWEVER, we have this over carpeting until we get the hardwood floors installed. I think that might make a difference. WHEN FIRST OPENED: It sheds. Especially where people sit on the couch and place their feet. But it seems to be slowing down. It had a slight odor that went away in a couple of days. PRICE-VALUE: This is a beautiful rug for the money. I have a hand knotted, vegetable dyed rug and would LOVE to get another, but I priced several and it would cost literally 10 times more money (or the cost of a decent used car) for this size of rug. Yes, there is a difference, but this is not our "forever" house, so I wasn't going to buy a "forever" rug. I'm very happy with the rug - especially for the Overstock price!
Rug is thick, soft, appears to be well made, and colors are pretty true to what I saw on my monitor. Slight bit of a greenish beige in secondary design was a surprise, but this does not really pop at all when laid on floor. Classic design and classic colors, have mix of oak and other woods - some new and some antique - in the room and the rug looks great with all on the medium/dark wood floor.
We are so totally in love with this rug! The flowers make me smile and the colors absolutely pull together my dining room. It looks great with blonder wood, and totally pops on our hardwood floors. Other reviews mentioned the dark blue color having an older appearance, which is exactly what we want for our 1924 colonial home. We were anxious about purchasing a rug without seeing or stepping on it, but are no longer worried.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are right on target.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This rug is amazing - thick, plush.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was pretty accurate.
This rug is a great buy. Disappointed it wasn't more "red". It's actually pinker - or a dark coral/brick vs. red. Otherwise, very pleased with the quality of the product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Poorly - not really red.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurately described, with the exception of the foundation color being off.
This rug is ok. The color is antique faded-kind of a rust or deep salmon color, not red. Its pretty, but a bit too tame with bold art work. Have to return it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fairly close. not saturate color-faded
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good heavy quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
This rug looks terrific in our living room and blends well with our furniture and window treatments.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little lighter but looks fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's very high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The rug settled down after a few days, It was oddly "folded" in the delivery package. The color and size are perfect however it has not stopped "shedding" and it's been annoying. I will give it some time before I make my final valuation. I really like it that it doesn't have "fringe."
Every day I walk by my dining room and say "I Love this rug." Buying a rug on-line is risky, but I have to say that this rug looks just like the picture. It is a nice thick rug. I shopped around a lot for this rug, and expected to spend well over $1,000 for this large size. I am very happy with the quality.