We ordered this rug after reading the reviews... wanted these particular colors and quality. Upon arrival, we were very well pleased, and since we needed another one for an adjoining room, ordered one more! The coloring is muted somewhat - just like very expensive oriental-style wool rugs! Overstock has always come through with great items and great pricing - thanks.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty fair
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality for a great price and manufacturer
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
As one of the other reviewers noted, I purchased this rug b/c it was among the few that my husband and I both liked. He's super traditional and, thus, really likes the rug. I was a little disappointed that it was so bland in color AND traditional so nothing about it makes it stand out. I regret not getting something a little more stylish. That said, it's a really nice quality rug with a perfect pile that's great for sitting on and I think will stand up to wear well. It's definitely worth the price, if you like the look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As all of the reviews note, the color is totally muted. It's much more subtle and the rug is definitely something that "blends" rather than shines in a space as a result.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. this is a quality rug for a great price, though. It's plush and super comfy. My kids & dog love it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The reviews were spot on, the website description on color was really off.
I think this may be the last area rug I buy over the internet. The colors are inaccurately represented as "ivory", "slate blue", and "stunning panels of gold". I would have been happy with even a muted version of these colors. In reality, I found the colors to be muddy. There is nothing that resembles the color ivory and there are no stunning gold panels -- these colors look more like a muddy tan. The slate blue looks downright grey, almost charcoal. Be warned that if you return this, you will be charged over $$$, so be sure it is what you want.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors on the site are much brightet than reality.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems fine, but a little rough.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very inaccurate -- there is nothing that resembles ivory on this rug, and the "slate blue" appears more charcoal grey to me.
This is a great rug even though the color is NOTHING like the picture. The rug is a pretty dark gray/blue and the yellow is actually a beige. The picture makes it look quite yellow (which is what I was wanting) but it's actually not yellow AT ALL. Still a good rug and we like it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color on the website is not accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality
This is a really nice rug. It's a good quality, doesn't shed and it's a nice size. The photo makes the rug look very yellow, but really the rug is mostly a steely blue grey and the yellow is more of a tan with hints of gold. In some respects the border looks almost dirty, but my husband disagrees. But the colors are a little brighter than what it looks like they would be in the photo, which I think is a good thing. We ended up returning the rug because it's just not our style, but I still think the rug is attractive.
The colors are not gold or yellow as pictured. They are muted, as many of the reviews have stated. This was exactly what I wanted. I purchased it to go in the same room with the Legacy light blue rug. They look great together. I have not noticed shedding. They had no odor. I have three dogs and am not willing to spend a lot of money on rugs! The price is very good! The fact that they are wool influenced my decision, I have had much better luck cleaning wool rugs in the past. I do think the Legacy light blue rug is prettier, the colors are brighter but not too bright. I am very pleased with them both!
i had been looking at rugs on overstock for MONTHS in hopes of brightening my dark living room. the one i originally wanted sold out so this one was my runner up . the reviews were mostly good but still those bad ones concerned me. I ONLY RECEIVED the rug i ordered yesterday so this review is of first impressions only. the colors are lighter shades than on your screen. the rust does lean a bit "peach" in some lights. i opened it at night and thought it was lacking any trace of blue....TOTALLY gray but pretty. this morning with a bit of sun it has a blue green gray look and is awesome! the reviews were tight about the yellow in the border rug...there is none. those areas are beige BUT there are areas of the flowers that are yellow if you need that color. it does not look muddy ...the colors in the pattern are distinct. overall it is lighter than what i expected but that is just what i needed. it has a texture to it (almost like a small version of a hooked rug) that is different form the other wool rugs i own. maybe this is why some compared it to carpet. i do not see any quality issues at all. seems to be well made. it is gorgeous and looks like it cost far more than it did and it will BRIGHTEN a dark room for sure. delivered in less than a week. now to get one for the foyer and my master bedroom.
I like this rug and the colors are exactly what I expected from the reviews and photos. That said, it isn't comfortable to walk on w/bare feet. There are thick glue spots that are noticeable and hard. While the rug LOOKS great, the quality is lacking. I would only recommend it in a room that you are going for looks and not using often
I was very trepedatious since I have never ordered anything this expensive for home decor on the internet before. However, I was extraordinarily pleased with the outcome. The rug arrived 3 days prior to the estimated date and was well packaged (thankfully given we had 3 feet of snow on the ground). The colors were exactly what I was looking for and the style works perfectly in my living room. I feel like I got a great deal on a beautiful rug that will last for years.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The site picture was yellowed. The rug is actually slate blue (not grey) and beige. The details in the pattern are distinct not "muddied".
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was very accurate. Photo was not.
If I didn't already have a smaller rug in this pattern I would have been very impressed. This rug turned out to be way more muted than the same rug in another size. Too big for me to mess with a return. Be very careful if getting more than one rug in the same color/pattern. Otherwise I like the quality and the price. Couldn't beat the price anywhere. Colors are slate gray/blue, some green, rusty red and a tanish ivory...but not creamy ivory. I love the colors and the pattern.
Very nice rug at a great price. Price is even lower since my purchase, You won't be disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More grey than blue, but nice nonetheless
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality, soft pile
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
This is a very nice oriental rug with a muted palette that looks great in our older Spanish-Colonial style home. I paid the same amount for much smaller rugs in the past. Great bargain!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The blue is very much a grey-blue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good.
I was iffy on this rug when I saw it online but was the only one that my BF and I could agree on. When it arrived at my house I was not super excited but It looked. OK after about a week of having it on the floor I decided it was far too traditional for my style so I sent it back. Overstock has a great shipping and return policy so they made it very easy to send back even on such a large item. Overall this was a very nice rug and decent for the price. It just didn't fit in with my other decor. I I would note that the color shown on the web site comes off as much more gold/yellow than it does in person. When I got it home I was pleased with the overall blue/gray look that it actually has when viewed in person.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color on the site seems very gold. In person this rug is mostly blue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good, lots of shedding at first but that is to be expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate with the exception of the color in the picture
This rug is very pretty and looks great in my dining room. The reason I gave it 4 stars and not 5, is that the main color is a little bit more gray than blue. It still coordinates with my room, but I was slightly disappointed with the "blueness" of the rug. It is however, very soft and a well made rug. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase.
While I absolutely love the look of this rug, I wish someone's review had said how TERRIBLY BAD it SHEDS! I know wool rugs shed some, but seeing as no one had commented to how bad it shed, I was not expecting how much "cat hair" would pour out of it. The colors are beautiful, and just as other reviews have said, the colors are much more muted than the picture (which I liked). We have a 1 and 2 year old, and we like to lay, roll, play on our living room floor with our children. Perhaps if you were to put this in a formal living room where no one walked it wouldn't be a problem, but if you highly traffic the area where you are wanting to put this rug, DO NOT BUY THIS. Even my 2 year old says, "Mommy, where are the cats?" lol...It's somewhat funny, but not to spend that much money and then be stuck with your purchase. My husband and I moved it to under our bed so only the corners hang out. I would feel too guilty trying to sell this to someone else only to share the burden of cat hair. Literally balls of it everywhere and all over our clothes. I vaccuumed it everyday with the paddle brush off, just as was recommended but no luck here. :(