This rug is thick and appears to be of decent quality. However, the loops of the threads easily get snagged and pulled out. May not be the best rug for kids and dogs. The gray has a blue tint to it and is not a true gray. Also, the design is much larger than what is pictured. I expected the woven lines to be tighter and smaller based on the picture. Also, the white portions are raised, which isn't bad, I just wasn't expecting it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is a little more blue that shown on display
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fairly good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? A bit off
I love the pattern and quality of this rug but am disappointed in the color. It is not silver at all - but is more blue/lilac/silver color. I was hoping for a more grey and silver color exactly like the one pictured on the website. In real life the color looks nothing like the one on the website.
The delivery was quick. The rug is still shedding despite being vacuumed several times. The color is blue and clashes horribly with my gray walls and off white trim and furniture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not even close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The color is blue not silver or gray.
I was on the fence about buying this rug, but I loved the color combo and the design and I couldn't find anything that compared. I see all the negative reviews about the shedding and the color but I gambled and I must say, I'm quite pleased. The style is perfect, the pattern is large and the lines are cream-colored and raised. The silver is a gray with a very slight lavender under tone and it perfectly complements my room's modern cool decor - dark floors, gray walls with a yellow-green accent wall. This color looks great in natural light and in yellow lamp light the hue is slightly lavender but definitely a brighter gray. The rug is thick and feels very nice underfoot, and it does shed, it is wool. The fibers feel soft but there is quite a bit of shedding. I vacuumed once then let the Roomba do it's business but that made a serious mess. The Roomba rode the edges, since the rug is so thick, and just scattered fibers everywhere then dragged them into the next room. No more Roomba in that room for a while. I've researched a bit and decided to just keep vacuuming it every week and eventually the shedding will cease. I vacuumed again today and my Dyson was filled with pale fibers, so eventually it will level out, I am sure. I love the rug, it creates a cool modern look to my guest room and I just love it!
I do not regret getting the rug, but I wish the color was more grey and the ivory more ivory...both colors change under different lights perhaps...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Be awear that this grey color can look purplish/lavender in different light settings...
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is plush but the Ivory portions tend to grey a little within a short time...
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate
The quality of the rug is nice but the color is WRONG! I tried to see if the color would change under natural light, yellow or white light and the color was still a light lilac color (purple with a little bit of grey). I was so disappointed when the I opened the box and it did not match my grey and teal pillow covers and my grey walls. I returned and bought a different style: 'Cozy Solid Silver Shag Rug". You can try, but if you return it make sure they don't charge you for the return shipping labels.
I rated it the way I did because the style of the rug is exactly what I was looking for. Adorable pattern. But one, the rug stunk like a barnyard when I took it out of the packaging. and two, the MAIN reason for purchasing the rug was the silver color it claims to be. Definitely not silver, it's more of a blue as I'm sure you read in every other review, but stupid me figured it couldn't possibly be that noticeable. Oh it was, I say was because I literally put it right back into the packaging and sent it back the next morning. I say I wouldn't recommend the rug simply because of the color, I may have gotten passed the smell if the color was on point. A smell can go away with Fabreeze, but the color was off and not as pictured.
The color description states silver so I was expecting grey. However when I unfolded the rug it is a purple tone. So if you are looking for a grey rug this wouldn't be a match for you. Overall the rug works with the room we've placed it in. And the texture contrast is nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It doesn't match. The carpet looks purple not silver.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I like the quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate. The color description need to be changed
Pleasantly surprised. Very good quality. Will be ordering a larger one for our living room
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little more blue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thick rug, very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
All the bad things (wrong color, sheds, design is larger) that other people wrote are true. The shedding though is ridiculous. This is not a carpet for a living room. Any time I sit on the carpet (which I do a lot because I have kids!) my pants are covered in wool "hairs". We have vacuumed twice a week for 2 years!! I keep waiting for it to get better but it's not. Definitely wouldn't recommend
I am really disappointed that this rug color looks NOTHING like the photo. It's more of a slate blue. This is what it looks like http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/7607501/nuLOOM-Handmade-Moroccan-Trellis-Wool-Rug-da8119f0-f7f5-47bb-8c23-f5babc1cd165_600.jpg Now I have to return and I feel frustrated that I can't trust the colors that I see on the screen.