I was so disappointed In the colors of this rug when it arrived! I read the other reviews, which stated that the colors were darker than they appeared but was still extremely disappointed with the rug. The colors are very DRAB, lots of dark olive green. I could've used it if the background was dark brown and the blue was vibrant. I returned the 9 X 12 rug and recommend ordering a smaller sample of a rug first to determine if the colors are right for you. Lesson learned!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not even close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very accurate
This is a really beautiful rug with lots of interesting differential in pile height. Your guests wouldn't dare wear shoes on this rug. Even though it looks more inviting than a formal, traditional Oriental rug, it looks fine and artful enough to ward away living room eaters and other disrespect. The shapes that pop out of the rug are defined enough to look modern, while the whole thing, in color and form, still looks organic and subdued. The color of the background appeared different in person than on the computer screen, with more contrast in person between the darker mousey taupe background and lighter creamy beige antler-shaped leaf things. Most of the colors are a shade or so darker in person. The rust colored accents looked about the same, the blue flowers looked half a shade darker, and less powdery. The darker green of the flowers is more of a darker olive, and the lighter green of the trumpet flowers is much less limey than in the picture. Overall, I was looking for a way to introduce color into a living room with oak floors while salvaging our dark brown sofas. This was the perfect complement to the dark brown furniture and the icy cool colors were a perfect balance to all of the warm tones in the area. The rust tones in the rug complement the orange of our oak floors, so this rug ties the room together very well, in spite of the inevitable variations in color. Another variation from the picture is that the picture is of a smaller version of this rug. With the 9'x12', those antler shaped things fit three or so across the width of the rug, and there are about four pattern repeats vertically (I see two blue flowers counting vertically and horizontally on the screen, but there are four in both directions on the actual rug). So, the rug pattern comes out to be smaller in scale than you would presume from the picture. As for quality, the rug is a pretty soft wool, and is nice and thick. Feels great on the feet. You might even try it without the rug pad, because it's extremely heavy and is likely to stay in place, particularly with furniture anchoring it. The cotton backing is soft and sturdy. In unrolling the rug for the first time and putting it in place, there was a small amount of shedding. I expect a good initial vacuuming to remedy this. I'm also using heavy objects to straighten out an edge that wants to curl thanks to shipping. Overall, I think I got an outstanding deal for a cotton-backed soft wool rug with a great design. Somewhere else, I might have spent half this price just in shipping. Poor UPS guy who had to lug it up my porch steps.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The background color of the rug is darker and slightly greener in person (more of a medium taupe). The rug photo on the site appeared lighter and more beige.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a good quality product. The wool is relatively soft to the touch and feels nice on the feet. The cotton backing is soft and sturdy. The rug is heavy enough to not really even need a rug pad, especially with furniture anchoring it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the product was accurate with respect to fiber quality. The color description of brown for the background was not entirely wrong, but I would call it a grayish brown, or taupe. The scale of the design is obscured by the photo, which appears to be of a different size of this rug. The scale is basically smaller with more repetitions of the design.
The design of this rug is beautiful. After reading varying reviews I decided it would work in my home - but was disappointed with the color when I unrolled it. The background is a dark greyish, slightly drab green. The raised designs are beige with dark olive green, rust, and medium blue accents. The background is hooked, the raised designs are sheared. I was hoping it would be the color as seen in the image, but it is definitely not! Also, the rug sheds terribly - excessively!!!!! I recommend the design, but the colors are definitely too dark for me. I'm disappointed to have to return it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very different - actually much darker