I love this carpet and receive complements on it regularly however when I walked on it with bare feet I experienced itchiness immediately after. So, on a beautiful sunny day such as today i decided to take this run out on my balcony and shake it off to see if it was dusty. Well, I was shocked to see how much loose pieces of leather, shreds of leather and filth was inside this carpet. I am now so disgusted by it that after being covered from head to toe with the filthy tiny leather dust, I experienced skin-breakout on my arms where it contacted the run, I just left it outside on the balcony and ran inside, so my recommendation is don't buy this product. I am not usually allergic to things (except strawberries) and I vacuum every 3 or 4 days so all the stuff that came out of this rug, was on it from the manufacturing process.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is more light blue-gray than anything
I have to agree with the other reviews, the light blue in the rug looks grey and the main color is light turquoise. It was falling apart when I opened it. The problem is that it would cost too much to send it back and it would not be worth my time. I would recommend not buying this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? If you are looking for a light blue rug this is not what you are looking for. If you are looking for a rug that is light turquoise it might be OK.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I have to agree with the other people who rated this rug. I thought it would work for me because I was just going to use it under a table and it would not get any wear at all, but the rug lost pieces of leather while opening it. I also agree that the smell is really bad. I really don't want to give a bad review, but this rug deserves one.
Absolutely love this rug. It is the perfect addition to my living room, adding a pop of color and texture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Closer to teal or aquamarine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
What can I say? It's a blue leather shag rug! What could be more campy than that. I like the homage to 70s shag. My mother put shag carpet in every bedroom in the 70s. Since I went to Liberty, colors red, white and blue, she put a shag in my room of those colors. She didn't tell me that and it was hideous. Shag carpets are hard to clean. Regular carpets are hard to clean. I just ripped up carpet, no not shag, but the ugly brown the last owner had. It was a nasty job.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better than overstock photograph
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very pleased
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
pieces are not secure and it the leather pieces and stitching were dirty. I wouldn't waste my money, it was only *** dollars, so I took the risk.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? somewhat
If you are looking for unique, and shabby chic, this is your rug. I love the rug. Just take note on what I said about the color. I need to return this medusa color- and get a white one. I will let you know about the white when it arrives.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Well, for me, that was a really disappointing thing. I ordered the light blue round rug and in NO galaxy was that light blue. More like medusa sea green. In fact, my toddler threw herself across it and said, "ooh, I'm swimming with the snakes!" Then her saying that conjured my image of Medusas hair! If that is the color you're going for, you'll flip for this rug! I was hoping for an icy light blue.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great. Heavy. Good quality. It sheds some, but that's the nature of a rag rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate, besides the color
I have always been so happy with my other purchases from Overstock.com but this is an exception. This rug was awful!!! Didn't look anything like the picture! The picture looks like the rug is full and that the pieces of leather are a fairly uniform length. I didn't even open it up all the way. I could see the first 4 or 5 inches without unrolling it. I could see the backing from the top side of the rug and some of the pieces of leather were 4 & 5 inches long. How could you vacuum it? The color was a bright turquoise also. I was SO looking forward to having it delivered and I was SO disappointed!!! Thank goodness Overstock is so great about returns!!! I wrapped it back up and immediately sent it back.
The color is listed as "light blue" and the photo shows it in a nice soft light blue. However, the rug showed up--the color was BRIGHT turquoise (not even close to light blue) and it looked NOTHING like the photo. The shag was sparse (not thick) and looked like it was tacked on.
This is the first time anything like this has ever happened to me when ordering a product online and I am highly disappointed. I waited a week after receiving this rug to open it due to construction going on in the room where I planned to put it. I was gravely disappointed to find that it was nothing I expected. It had a very foul odor coming from it as soon as I removed the plastic and the as I rolled it out I noticed numerous brownish colored stains all over it. I ran my fingers along the shards to try to fluff it out and it was filthy and some of the pieces were already aloose from the stitching. It was just plain gross. I was really looking forward to this rug working it because it fit so well in the space but I will NEVER order anything like this from Overstock again.
This is the first thing I have ever been dissatisfied with from Overstock. I have had leather rugs before and really liked them for durability and unique decor. The quality of this was not to my liking. Very uncomfortable to walk on -- knobby -- and the color was atrocious. Nothing like the photo. However, I returned it with no problem and received full credit.
I purchased this rug thinking it would be light blue per the description. When it arrived it had very bright, teal blue hues more than any other color. I also only unrolled one corner side and noticed that several pieces of the leather were already falling off. If you are looking for comfy, shag, you aren't going to find it here. This isn't very comfy at all, you can see and feel the bottom of the rug. Luckily Overstock is AMAZING and they allowed me to return it. Thanks Overstock for your amazing customer service - Joe H. was GREAT!!
I am disappointed with the performance of the rug with just normal use. The leather pieces come out all the time and are not always able to be reattached. Not made well enough!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The leather tied pieces come out all the time just by interacting normally on the rug
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good