I have to agree with the other reviews, the light blue in the rug looks grey and the main color is light turquoise. It was falling apart when I opened it. The problem is that it would cost too much to send it back and it would not be worth my time. I would recommend not buying this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? If you are looking for a light blue rug this is not what you are looking for. If you are looking for a rug that is light turquoise it might be OK.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I have to agree with the other people who rated this rug. I thought it would work for me because I was just going to use it under a table and it would not get any wear at all, but the rug lost pieces of leather while opening it. I also agree that the smell is really bad. I really don't want to give a bad review, but this rug deserves one.
I love this carpet and receive complements on it regularly however when I walked on it with bare feet I experienced itchiness immediately after. So, on a beautiful sunny day such as today i decided to take this run out on my balcony and shake it off to see if it was dusty. Well, I was shocked to see how much loose pieces of leather, shreds of leather and filth was inside this carpet. I am now so disgusted by it that after being covered from head to toe with the filthy tiny leather dust, I experienced skin-breakout on my arms where it contacted the run, I just left it outside on the balcony and ran inside, so my recommendation is don't buy this product. I am not usually allergic to things (except strawberries) and I vacuum every 3 or 4 days so all the stuff that came out of this rug, was on it from the manufacturing process.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is more light blue-gray than anything
Absolutely love this rug. It is the perfect addition to my living room, adding a pop of color and texture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Closer to teal or aquamarine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
This is a cool looking rug. The colors are interesting, and although the texture is not as "fine" as it appears in the photos, it's quite attractive. Lots of different shades of teal/turqoise, and it looks really great in my midcentury modern living room. However, if you drop something, you may never find it again, and I've yet to figure out how to care for it. You can't vacuum it, and it's too heavy to pick up and shake out. And you'll spend a large portion of your life picking up pieces of leather than have come detached from the rug. Worse, when I picked it up to have the carpet beneath it cleaned, I discovered that the dye had rubbed off on my beige carpeting. Luckily the cleaners were able to get it all out, but be warned. If you're putting it on carpet, you'll want a substantial layer of something underneath for protection. Sadly, because of all these reasons, it's now rolled up in my basement. Anyone want to buy a rug? (I gave it 3 stars because it's so great looking. Otherwise it would be a 2.)
this was a great buy. It is at my office at work. It definitely is NOT blue but more of an aqua color, so after reading the reviews, that is the color I actually wanted. So just beware, this is NOT blue but more of an aqua/turquoise color and is a great buy for the price.
Even though colors will vary, it is definitely not light blue. The picture looks light and pastel, in person it has some light blue pieces, but the primary color is a bright turquoise or aquamarine. emphasis on the bright. The rest of it was nice, though, it just didn't match anything based on the description.
What can I say? It's a blue leather shag rug! What could be more campy than that. I like the homage to 70s shag. My mother put shag carpet in every bedroom in the 70s. Since I went to Liberty, colors red, white and blue, she put a shag in my room of those colors. She didn't tell me that and it was hideous. Shag carpets are hard to clean. Regular carpets are hard to clean. I just ripped up carpet, no not shag, but the ugly brown the last owner had. It was a nasty job.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better than overstock photograph
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very pleased
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
pieces are not secure and it the leather pieces and stitching were dirty. I wouldn't waste my money, it was only *** dollars, so I took the risk.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? somewhat
If you are looking for unique, and shabby chic, this is your rug. I love the rug. Just take note on what I said about the color. I need to return this medusa color- and get a white one. I will let you know about the white when it arrives.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Well, for me, that was a really disappointing thing. I ordered the light blue round rug and in NO galaxy was that light blue. More like medusa sea green. In fact, my toddler threw herself across it and said, "ooh, I'm swimming with the snakes!" Then her saying that conjured my image of Medusas hair! If that is the color you're going for, you'll flip for this rug! I was hoping for an icy light blue.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great. Heavy. Good quality. It sheds some, but that's the nature of a rag rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate, besides the color
The picture advertises this rug is a light teal with beige/grey which is perfect for my bedroom. I got it and it is royal blue, sky blue, and dark grey. Looks nothing like the picture and I'm very upset now because I can't do anything with it, and returning it is too expensive. Waste of money.
I purchased this rug for a large powder room, with a golf decor theme. The color is funky,like a Kentucky blue grass, pair with a golf ball retriever bucket and some towels to accent, it totally makes the room. The quality of the throw rug is amazing. It's handmade so there will be some loose pieces and the shag is not uniform in away, that's what gives this rugs such character. So if yo;re looking for a unique conversation piece this is it.
After reading the reviews I went ahead and purchased because I was looking for a rug that had different shades of teal. Even though the ad said blue I went with the customer reviews and they were correct. I just wish I had paid more attention to the ones that talked about how the pieces of the rags constantly came off of it. My husband cannot walk across it without leaving a trail of the hallway of at least two to three pieces of the rags. I'm not talking about vacuuming I'm talking about just walking on it. It looks amazing in our log cabin before what we paid it would have been nice for it to last for a while which I'm sure it won't.