I'm very unhappy with my purchase. The first thing I noticed was the bad smell. It also was not as thick as in the picture. Some of the strips of leather look like they were chopped. Very poor quality!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not as nice as the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheaply made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate
I didn't take the other reviews seriously enough…this is definitely the worst purchase I have ever made online. We have this rug in a playroom and thought it would be fine, the area isn't used often. I was wrong. The smell alone is almost unbearable after months of having it and the rug won't stop shedding. And by shedding I mean pieces of the suede rag pieces come out every single day (by the handful) and small lint-like pieces get all over all the other furniture and pillows. It is such a pretty looking piece in the photo and even on the floor (from a distance because now there are bald spots in it and don't forget the smell). I am calling overstock tomorrow to beg for a refund or exchange.
When it arrived I opened it up and noticed right away that the color and quality were both poor. The smell wasn't a big deal to me. This rug looks nothing like the picture. It looked dirty and the leather pieces looked like they were just tied onto the rug. They were uneven and it looked like my 2 year old took some scissors and cut a piece of leather. Aweful! This is the 2nd rug that I have purchased from Overstock that I have been dissappointed with.
Looking for something different, trusted some of the reviews & took a chance. I was not impressed as it did arrive with a strong odor which I was expecting since it's leather. What bothered me the most was the fact that it had missing patches throughout the carpet & pieced kept falling off. Because of the patches, the feel/touch is inconsistent when you walk on it (almost like an uneven feeling) plus the color varies since the leather are strips from various parts which is another inconsistency. It's also such a hassle to clean as I can't wash or vacuum this item. I am thinking of getting rid of it right away & not even bother with the return bc it was such a heavy piece it's not worth the shipping cost!
I bought this rug a few years ago and it was in the trash within two months. The concept and style is cool - super modern and looked great on day one. But, I foolishly didn't think through having this rug with a dog (my dog doesn't chew on ANYTHING, so didn't think it was an issue)well, it was. On top of that, the leather pieces were woven in so cheaply that it started disintegrating in front of us. Granted, it was my bad for not thinking through the leather shag rug with a dog but this was so cheaply made, it would have fallen apart no matter what. In summary, it's cheap for a reason -
I was looking for inexpensive style. The other reviews were spot on. It smells....I let it sit outside over the fence half the day. It looks more of a smokey blue vs white/grey.......my color pallets is blu,grey &white, so it works for me. It sheds......I only paid $** for a 6' square, I wasn't expecting high quality.........I have purchased a high end leather rug before, I paid over $300 for 2'x4'......it doesn't shed. I read the reviews, took it into consideration and got what I paid for. I'm satisfied. The shipping could have been quicker. It took a week, but it was free & the rug weighed 30lbs. Hope this helps....wish I could post a pic.
The rug consists of various shades of gray and beige. The rug constantly falls apart. I find pieces of leather all over my home. If you plan to use this in an area that is for show and not everyday use, it's a good looking rug and definitely adds a bit of texture to the room and I happen to like the smell of leather, so that was a plus. However, if you plan to use this in a room that will be used daily, or you have dogs that like to chew/eat everything they find on the floor, I would not recommend this rug.
I am very disappointed with the poor quality of this rug. Based on other reviews, I was prepared for the smell and color variation. I was not, however, prepared for the very poor craftsmanship of the rug. I have had a leather shag rug before; this did not meet my expectations. The scrap pieces as I call them were all different lengths and shapes. It literally look like a leather shop gathered all of the scrap leather from around the factory and tied them together. There were bald areas and some of the pieced extended so far from the rug it looked like there was trash on the floor. A family member commented that it looked like "a wheat field". This is not the type of feedback I desire when I work hard to create a beautiful home. This is the last time I will go against customer reviews. Concerning the picture featured, I am unsure of what item is displayed but it is not nearly what I received. Potential buyers beware.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The product is not as shown, however, I was prepared for the color difference based on other reviews.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The "shag" seems to have been made of scraps of white leather. Poorly done.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site description was inaccurate and did not compare to what I received.
The words used in the description are accurate, BUT they are chosen very carefully. As described, the rug does have "strips of soft, genuine leather and features a medley of whites, grays, and light beiges", but in truth the "strips" are more like oddly shaped cuts from left over bits. The "beige" in the medley of colors is really off white. And the "medley" is comprised of mostly gray. Bottom line... Rug is cool & unconventional and goes well in my contemporary home. The value is good for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color on site appeared to be mostly beige, it is actually grey with blue under tones
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not as dense/full as shown in photo, leather bits NOT uniformly shaped, appear to be leftover, oddly shaped cuts/remnants
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description on site is accurate except for color, stated as primarily white. It is primarily gray!
okay, first of all this rug is inexpensive, yet it's leather. It looses its shag particles a lot, so it sheds leather strips often. BUT it is fun and doesn't matter. I've had it for six months and it did have a chemical smell at first, but not I love this rug. I just keep picking up the loos strands and throw them away.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's definitely an off-white grey(ish) color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
The rug, is such a fun and interesting piece in my home. I use it under the Formal Dinning Room table/chairs. It is a conversation piece for sure. The colors are gray, white, off-white and a little tan mixed in. The color is perfect for me. My only problem is that I should have ordered a larger size. I would not advise it in high traffic areas, as it cannot be vacuumned. Love it, love it, love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was perfect (gray/white/beigh)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is real leather shag pieces.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
I have chrome, brass, and glass in this room and these rugs look fabulous. I bought two. I have been looking for some time for the perfect rugs to replace my old ones that were worn out. I love these more than my original rugs when they were new.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was perfect. I did read the reviews and I wanted soft grey rugs. I have chrome and glass in this room, and it looks perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. They are both perfectly made and exactly what I was looking for.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The rugs I received were better looking than the description.
A great value! Very stylish. An adult style rug, as it's not practical. It's uniqueness iwas exactly what I was looking for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More grey than white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent, exactly how I thought it would be