No need to repeat what has been written by other reviewers. I concur with their comments thus so far. It is better than I expected also. If you think the smell of leather is 'potent' then guess what. a) It's made of leather. b) There's lots of it. Terrific rug. Smells of leather. Swoon.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality out-matches price. Great deal.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is accurate.
Looks good, smells bad and stitching is mediocre. For looks and low traffic areas.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I'm torn because it looks good, although it has it's downfalls. What's not mentioned is that the smell of leather actually hangs around for awhile. The leather materials appears to made out of recycled leather shoes and perhaps tires. Shoes, because I see gold shoe sizes here and there that stands out. When I unrolled the rug, there were lots of long blond/white hair embedded in the leather. I vacuumed it using the vacuum attachments. Although, I do like the look - it's been three days and the smell still exists.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality of this product is just okay. Not very well put together as it can fall apart over time.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Left out that the leather is recycled shoes.
Just received my leather rug today and wow was I shocked. I didn't expect much for the price I paid for such a large rug. Boy, was I wrong. This rug is very large and cool. Now if you want a rug to walk on, this rug is not for you. This rug is not good except for looks. I put this rug under my large 8 piece dining bar table just for looks. I have a large dining room with laminate floors and it needed that extra little pop of something. This rug looks like I spent about 800.00 on it. You will not be disappointed.
As previously mentioned, the rug does have a strong leather smell, but that'll go away. The quality is excellent. We had one of these rugs a few years ago and it cost over $1k, so when Overstock had it for less than $200 I had to jump on it. Don't pass this rug up.
We were looking for a rug that transitions well between a classic living room and a contemporary dining room. It's definitely more contemporary. However, because it's black, it works well. It's a conversation piece more than a functional rug, but in a low traffic room, it's great. Love it!
Love it I will be getting more for the rest of my house
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
The price was right and photo looked great the actual product did not disappoint. It goes well with the 20th century modern furniture in my guest room. Not a down-side but a cautionary statementthis is not a high traffic rug which works fine for me.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I love this rug because it's not something you see everyday. It adds texture and drama to my living room. When I read the reviews, someone had said that it wasn't very comfortable to walk on, but I bought a rug pad from Overstock at the same time and I think the rug is comfortable. It had a strong leather odor the first day, but it quickly went away. I love it and may buy another for my dining room.
The rug is made of apparently reclaimed scrap black leather. There is some variability in material -- some full-grain, some suede, I think. There were a few handfulls of loose tufts, but no sign of active shedding.Bottom line: it looks great and it's a good price.