Although the write-up said the colors were on a tan background, the photo looked a lot more gold to me. The actual color reminds me of the mustard/relish blend -- sort of a greeny gold, not particularly attractive. But the medallion is beautifully done! And the gray is really more of a slate blue, with the red being more burgundy. There is a little moss green in it, too. Still, a nice rug that should hide dirt well and afford the opportunity to change out colors as the years go by.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? There's a lot more slate blue/gray in person than what shows in the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be very well made...no complaints!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The other reviewers gave a truer picture of the rug.
I love this rug! It is so striking. The only difference in the colors stated in the description was instead of gray accents, it is more blue. This wasn't a problem, but the color is certainly more blue than gray. Otherwise, I highly recommend it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not exactly.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was pretty good.
Rug is far bolder than pictured. The grey us actually more of a turquoise or teal. if you're looking for a subtle rug that will blend, this is not the rug. The pattern is also very bold and much more graphic in person. Due to this, we will be returning this rug.
My wife and I purchased this for our great room. It was excellent quality for the price. Much cheaper than furniture stores or the home centers we looked at. One note of caution, it is real wool. It does "shed" quite a bit. It still does 16 months later after we purchased it. From doing research this is natural for wool rugs. It can fill the canister up on the vacuum cleaner. It you vacuum every few days there are less wool fibers but if you let it go for a week or two it will fill up the canister on the vacuum. The rug still looks excellent though. Deep vibrant color. The color "renews" as it sheds old fibers. This is just something that seems to occur with wool rugs. So if you are allergic or do not want the "fuzz bunnies" then stick with synthetic area rugs. We love it though!
Everything about this rug is excellent. The only thing is, in the picture it looks like one of the colors is dark brown but it is not. It is actually a rust color. But that was ok, it is still a great deal for the price and quality. Other rugs of this caliber that I look at was twice the price, Thank you Overstock.
After reading through other reviews I decided to take a chance and order this rug. It's a great rug, decent quality and looks great. It's earthy neutral even with the blue and burgundy colors in the design. If you're looking for a neutral tone with subtle color accents then this is the rug for you. For the money this rug is an excellent value. O has the best selection and pricing on rugs! I love the free shipping and fast delivery.
Beautiful rug! Love the size and quality. Brings a great pattern to the room without being busy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? While it is still very neutral, the gray-blues and burgundies are much more vibrant than on the website. (for me this was a good thing)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is thick, and durable feeling, but also soft and comfortable to walk on barefooted. We have had the carpet for just under a week and I have noticed minimal shedding .
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Yes
Beautiful rug. Colors are slightly darker in person. Other than that, wonderful quality... no shedding so far.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little darker in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. incredible quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very acurate
The colors are a more jewel toned and very nice. The pile is nice and thick, we are using a rug pad with this rug, but the pile is surprisingly high and nice on it's own. FYI - the grey is more of a blueish cast than what you would expect as a grey, it worked for us, this was also listed in previous reviews and I was happy to know that before we ordered it, so thanks previous purchasers.
Nice rich colors -Beautiful rug! It does shed but it's manageable. This is actually the second time I purchased this rug. My new puppy ate holes in the first one but the rug is so perfect for my dining room that I was happy to be able to get it again.
Thick pile and quality rug. Excellent rug for the price. Looks more expensive. Color and design were just as pictured. Looks lovely under my dining room table and chairs. Does shed when it is walked on and vacuum pulls a good bit of fiber, but I'm still quite pleased with these rugs. Purchased one for the kitchen, one for the dining and one for the hallway. Same color and design in various sizes.