I bought this rug for our bedroom and it's just beautiful. The price was super competitive and I never thought I would find such a beautiful area rug for such a reasonable cost. The red was a little brighter but a deep red so it looks very nice. The only thing you want to be careful with is the size. The 9X12 was 2 inches off on the long side (142" instead of 144") and 1 inch off on the shorter side (107" instead of 108"). Normally it wouldn't make a difference but we were cutting it close with the 9X12. It ended up just fitting under our furniture, so no harm done. Just know that it may be off a couple of inches. Also, we bought a non-slip grid pad and I had to cut it to fit. Have had to do this before, and from now on will order one a little smaller. This is our second rug from Overstock and we're very pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little more vibrant than the picture on website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautifully made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate...the size was off by a few inches.
This item was as pictured, absolutely beautiful! the red is sort of a paprika red, not a deep red or wine colored, i thought pic was dead on...the wool pile is nice and thick, luxurious to the touch. delivery was quick, i purchased mon. p.m. and received fri.a.m....the pad i ordered was perfectly sized as well and also ordered and received same day...could not be more pleased with this purchase and would highly recommend to anyone seeking a beautiful quality rug and at such an excellent price...thanks again Overstock-a very pleased and thankful customer-you rock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
This rug is very beautiful. I was a bit skeptical, but it's not too gold, and the red is very beautiful without being overwhelming. The texture is very soft, although I did also buy a pad to place below it, it probably doesn't need it. The background is very light tan with the gold accents. The picture is pretty accurate, although the background is a tiny bit more neutral than I was expecting. I HIGHLY recommend this beautiful rug. I also joined Club O for this purchase so it was free shipping. You can't beat that for a super heavy and well built rug. I'm pretty sure the return shipping is also free (you just have to pay for packaging (but don't quote me on the return policy), but that seems to minimize the risk of buying a rug here.
This is a gorgeous, thick, soft rug. It looks very expensive. I relied on other reviews for color, and they were very accurate. I would call the background beige rather than ivory. The red is a paprika, as noted by another reviewer. The colors don't scream. They look great with my neutral furniture. Neither are they muted; they are rich. The rug has a subtle tone-on-tone textural variation which makes it even more interesting. Also, the pattern is not busy. In a rug this large, an intricate, all-over pattern can overwhelm. You won't be disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? actual rug is lighter than picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
The rug arrived quickly. As soon as I took it out of the package, I was disappointed because the pattern on the border didn't exactly match the pattern in the picture. It resembled it. The pattern in the picture appeared more intricate whereas the actual rug border pattern is fairly crude, not nearly as pretty in my opinion. It made the rug appear cheap. The rug was thick and soft, however. I did return it, and the return process was very easy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched fairly well
I have been looking for a nice rug for my very big dining room and I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a rug. I found this one which is perfect for me. The beige color is lighter than my screen shows it to be but I am happy because I have lots of wood in the room. I compare its thickness to the $6.500 rug in my living room and it is just as thick. Frankly, I don't care about how many knots it has, where it was made, if made by hand or machine. I care that my money buys something that will not look cheap with my antiques and with the extra $$$ I save...I travel! I highly recommend this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the beige lighter in color----in my screen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. for what I paid, it is perfect.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very.