Love my rug. I purchased the large 13x9 and it is a substantial piece in my rectangular living room. The color is more if a beige with a pop of color. It looks just like the picture. The rug is thick and doesn't need a pad underneath. I've had it for a couple months and it did shed the first several weeks but the vaccine picked it up easily. Overall, this is a great rug for a great price, a quarter of the price of other rugs of similar size and quality.
LOVE this rug. Have been shopping for a rug for months, and really wanted to stay within budget. Found this and could not be happier. The photo is a little darker than the actual rug. (not as khaki or olive as pictured) it's more of a oatmeal, but still very neutral.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Rug is a little lighter than the photo, but still works with my scheme.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality for the price! Had the rug for a bout 3-4 weeks, it's shedding a little but I'm sure it will stop soon.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Things look so different on the internet than they do in person, so I was a bit worried when buying a rug to match the decor of my living room. We were looking for a rug, not an investment piece, but a rug that would serve the purpose of covering our living room floor. In talking to someone, they said they ordered a rug online, hated it and then returned it. I felt we kinda knew, though were not 100% sure what we were getting. We are pleased with all aspects of this purchase. The rugs I liked were well over $10K, and my budget was about a grand. So I looked on Overstock.com, as one of my interior decorator friends buys items from there all the time for their clients. There were several rugs that looked like the style I wanted, and at under a grand, so we took time and narrowed the serach to two rugs on the site. Then compared the two and chose this one for its light colors and lack of a heavy design. Even though the two photos on the site, look very different, and in reality, the rug looks better in person than it does in those two photos. The downsides of shopping online was you are at the mercy of whom ever wrote up the blurb and whomever took the photos. In both case of the rugs we were considering, they were not super helpful, as there was very limited detail available. This rug has a nice pile and though it is inexpensive, I do not feel it relays how cheap it was $650 with free shipping. We are pleased, it is not a $10k rug, but then again it is better than what I expected for $650. I did look around on the net for a coupon, which Overstock sends you all the time, and found a discount coupon for another $25 off. Of course once I ordered and it was processed, a $30 coupon showed up. SO next time, buy something cheap that you need (I bought a pad to go with the rug) and then hopefully they send you a good coupon to use on a more expensive item. Shipping time, I was worried that it would take a few weeks, instead it was here with in two days. Much faster than I thought. (The pad is still in process.) SO we are happy, price, excellent, quality good, style good, and shipping excellent, over all I give this a good rating and would shop again.
Looked for a long time before I found the rug I needed with these colors. Ordered the 5x8 too but it is not the same colors which is a big disappointment. Did not return them as they were shipped to San Diego and on to MX. Rug came folded and was folded for several weeks till we could unroll it. We unfolded it and then rolled it and then unrolled it on the pad and that helped get out most of the folds. Looks great and is cozy to walk on.
After the first vacuuming the strands started pulling up. I bought 2 of this same rug in different sizes and it is happening on both. I clipped the ripped up fibers with manicure scissors so they would not stand out, but it happened again every time i vacuum. So now i only vacuum with a low suction canister vacuum. That is very disappointing. They look nice though and i get compliments on them. They are nice and thick pile. The color is better than i thought. But much lighter than the website pic.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. After the first vacuuming the strands started pulling up. I bought 2 of this same rug in different sizes and it is happening on both. I clipped the ripped up fibers with manicure scissors, but it happened again every time i vacuum. So now i only vacuum with a low suction canister vacuum. That is very dissapointing. They look nice though and i get compliments on them.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Close.
Arrived nicely packaged. Very heavy - probably 90-pounds and awkward to handle. Colors show accurately on my screen. The For its size, it's a good value (on sale). While it does not have the cheap machine made feel, it will not be mistaken for a hand-knotted rug. Wool seems okay, but does have a certain graininess that belies its quality (will not be mistaken as hand-knotted). But overall, a good value - comparable to Home Goods quality (they have some decent rugs) at a decent price. I'm happy - 4-stars though due to average wool and somewhat hidden description of Hand-Tufted ("Handmade" is in big letters). I was expecting Hand-tufted due to price, but I think it could have been more obvious.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate on my PC screen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair - this is a hand-tufted rug, The description "Handmade" is somewhat ambiguous, though it does say 'tufted' in the description
The pile on this rug is nice and plush. With the upgraded pad, it is extremely comfortable under foot in my finished basement. However, my vacuum cleaner gets full to overflowing each time I vacuum, and sometimes there's shedding floating around the edges. I hope it stops soon. The rug has been in place for about 4 months, so I'm hopeful the shedding will reach an end point. Colors are very lovely, and for the price, this is good buy.
I bought this rug to go in our living room. It is a beautiful rug and I think will get a lot of years use out of it. But it sheds terribly. I can feel the vacuum canister up after only going over half the rug. This is been about three months since we've had the rug And I vacuum it at least once a week. Fibers from the rugs are everywhere! But it's too beautiful for me to send back.
Or don't get it - because I'd love to remain the only one hiding the secret of how little this beautiful and spacious rug costs (I bought the 10" x 14" for the family room). Grandkids loved it from the first sight. No shedding so far. Color close to the online picture, with a little more distinct green areas - but very subtle green.
Cannot, beat the price for this nice looking rug. It's wool so it sheds like any wool rug does. The pic is not accurate but description is correct. Warm tones with a splash of reds. Perfect fit and color for our needs. I would recommend this rug and would purchase from this supplier. Very happy!
I ordered this large 9x12 rug for a large living space we finished in the lower level of our home. We are more than happy the color, size and quality of the rug for the price. I also ordered 2 runners and a smaller sized rug in the same line. Love all of them. They do shed for a while, but I believe they will eventually stop. I have purchased other wool rugs that shed for a time, but they eventually stop. The delivery was very prompt. I received them within several days. Overall, just couldn't be more pleased with the purchase of these coordinating rugs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The picture of rug is very accurate
I bought this rug for my living room and I just love it. It is exactly as I thought it would be.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was exactly as I pictured it would be
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I love this rug. It did shed a little in the beginning but not enough to be a problem
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate