First let me say that I am an ASID, IIDA residential interior designer. The colors of this rug are very different than the image here shows. The image shows saturated (bright, true) colors. In reality this rug's colors are much more unsaturated (muted, grayed). I would describe the "red" as rust, and describe the rest of the overall background colors as being in the sage, maize and green-beige family. There is no brown in this rug, although it would work well with greenish-browns and greenish-grays. The rug is indeed 100% wool, and the nap does measure about 1/2" H. But the warp is only 12 threads per inch and the weft is only 14 threads per inch, which is a pretty loose weave. As such, it is much more casual than what I expected it to be based on the image shown. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it could work well in a family room. But IMHO, it would not work well in a more formal living or dining room.
Listen up readers! I just received my rug 3 days ago and couldn't wait to rip the packaging off! I agree with other comments about the mustard tone that comes across in the photo, it is NOT as it seems! I am so pleased with the coloring throughout this rug. The majority of the color is very neutral and has just the right amount of muted accent colors in just the right places. This rug is in our dining room which has our dining table which seats 8 centered on it. When the chairs are pulled out, they are all still on the rug. As you can well imagine, the 9x12 is very heavy and comes folded up. It took 2 of us to get it into place. It has a nice backing to it but I still recommend an underlay. This rug has a nice feel under foot. Just love this!
The rug is beautiful, thick, and heavy. You will need a couple of friends to help you get the larger sizes in place. I am so happy with the neutral color and it made a beautiful dining room out of a very ordinary one. You will not be sorry you bought this rug!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is true to picture shown. Neutral, slightly green, very versatile!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Extraordinary quality, heavy, thick.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was quite accurate.
I have red mahogany woodwork and oak floors. My sofa is a rusty coral color. This rug is perfect for us color-wise. Just enough of the same rusty coral color as my sofa to bring the room together and to give the rug pattern some dimension. Other colors are gold, soft sage and tan...soft, easy to decorate around, just what I was expecting from the photo. Rug doesn't smell like some do with the glued-on backing. The pile is substantial for the price point. Here is my one complaint....when we walk on the rug without shoes, we find hard pebble-sized nodules among the fibers. Closer inspection shows hard white chunks of dried material attached to the fibers. I'm thinking it's defective application of the material used to fuse the rug to the fiber backing. They are easily harvested by hand, but you do need to get down on the floor with a knife to manually detach them from the backing. If it wasn't so close to Christmas, I would have shipped it back, but keeping it because it looks great. I will just keep harvesting for now! I would consider buying a slightly smaller version for my dining room if I could receive reassurance that there were no pebbles attached.
This is the second rug I have gotten thru Overstock and once again, I am amazed at the quality. The colors are not as pictured. The background is ivory with lots of greenish beige. The accent colors are yellow and deep red. It looks wonderful with pretty much any color I can put with it.
I have waited about a year to write this review b/c I wanted to see how the rug held up. The answer? Very well. Note: no dogs or cats or small children, but lots of board game-playing adults and teens have been on the rug. I was concerned about the "green" color that some reviewers spoke of in the rug b/c the room in which I was putting the rug is warm-toned with rich gold, red, and brown tones. The green is more of a very light grey with a slight undertone or hint of green in it and is not noticeable (probably due to my color scheme in the room). The red in the carpet does "pop" as another reviewer stated (a deep red - not lipstick red) and I have had so many compliments on the rug. As for shedding, yes, the first few months, I could vacuum it every day and take out lots of fuzz. After one year's use, that has greatly diminished, although I can still get some fuzz out of it. The one thing I have noticed is that I need to sweep the hardword floor more often. Because the flooring is a dark cherry, the lint from the rug does tend to "dust" my floor more often, but in fairness, I have to sweep the floor every day anyway b/c the dark wood shows everything. There were a couple of small areas on the rug where the fibers kind of "popped up" like loose threads at about the 3-6 month range. Although that concerned me, I cut those off with scissors and I have not had any "repeat offenders" and no more threads have done that. The rug is thick and durable, but again, please note that while I have a lot of foot traffic on my rug, we have no small children and no shoes are allowed in the house. You will have to decide how that affects your decision. Despite my concerns with purchasing such an expensive rug (in my pocketbook) off the internet, I am so glad that I did!
I absolutly love the colors in this rug and it works perfectly with my living room. We have had it for four weeks and still can't get the shedding under control. Its literally all over my two year olds clothing and shedding all around the room. I can't seem to keep up with it. Despite the look, I am now considering returning it. Has anyone had better luck, will it stop shedding soon? I saw one review of shedding after a year. I do not want to keep this if that is common. Regards,
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Beautiful rug
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sheds a lot
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was great, accurate
I reeaally wanted to keep this rug but it just was'nt the right rug for my room. I misjudged and picked the wrong color and it was too traditional for what is going on in the room already. Oops! The rug has a wonderful feel underfoot because it has a thick pile.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great. Thick pile.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
This was my first time purchasing a rug online very scary. The experience was great though after looking at other reviews of this rug I was a little skeptical but then I thought it was not expensive so go for it. Glad I did. I will be buying more area rugs from overstock. The colors were great and looks so nice in my room. I purchased the carpet under mat too and that just made it much more plush.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes exactly what it looked like on the computer.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was awesome thick, and plush with little pops of color. Well made rug
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Looke exactly like described and colors matched
looks great in my bedroom against dark hardwood floors. Color is nice, quality seems good. comfy to walk on. Stylish.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to form
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great value for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Beautiful rug and blends nicely with tan and gold tones
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate beige/ tans and gold border. Would not say there is much brown in the rug. Colors are muted but very pretty
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality product, not much pilling
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good but really no brown in the rug and is a little lighter in shade than the picture
I have 2 of these rugs now. The color is great, and pretty accurate to the pictures on my computer. I have been pleased, and pleasantly surprised that it is a name brand rug. The rug sheds A LOT of fibers at first. I have filled my canister 3 times in one vacuuming session, so if you have a bag vacuum, you may want to be super sensitive to how quickly it fills up. On my first rug, it is still slightly shedding a year later, but nothing like it did at first. Just vacuum often, and don't roll around on it in dark colored clothing!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality, name brand rug. Sheds A LOT
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Ordered the rug on Sunday evening and it arrived with another item on Tuesday. The rug is very dense, feels good underfoot. Some shedding, to be expected from a wool rug. Really made our master bedroom!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is a little less gold than pictured, but lovely muted tones are perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems like very good quality. I was worried when it arrived folded, but it went down with now problems. Nice cotton backing.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I first bought this rug for a large dining room. Then, after seeing its quality, I bought another one for the entryway. Since the rugs are wool, they do shed - although not nearly as much as most, new wool rugs. The colors are softer and more muted that I expected and not quite as vivid as the photos depict - which was fine with me. On the other hand, the colors are very elegant in the right lighting. All in all, I feel like these rugs offer both great value and long-term durability for the money. On the other hand, if 'look' and/or price are all that matters to you, then I suggest going with a synthetic rug.
A little linty as discribed by other reviewers but not to bad. Expected for a good quality wool rug. Great colors, very similar to what was shown on website.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good