Although I am disappointed with the color, I am keeping this rug. It is of good quality and is beautiful, dense, and cushy. We got the thicker padding for underneath and it feels very good under foot. I am able to rework my color palette in the living room that I planned but I like it enough to place in a bedroom instead if it doesn't work out. I was impressed with the ease of purchasing with this company online, the rug and pad arrived quickly, and this very heavy rug was packaged in a manageable way. This was my first purchase with this company, and I am comfortable to continue shopping here.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Even though the description says Light Blue, blues are tough to try to match. This rug is truly a light blue, not the deep color shown In fact all of the other colors in the rug are so MUCH lighter as well. So much so that the definition of the patterns do not stand out as much as expected from the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a dense wool with medium softness. The pile is cushy to walk on.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other than the color shown (which is big), the description was right on.
I was really nervous buying this rug without seeing it in person but The minute I peeked in the large package - I knew it was an excellent choice. I bought this for my bedroom because I was wanting a muted, calming palette of colors for my bedroom and this helped me provide inspiration for the rest of the purchases I made for the room. I looked at a lot of other rugs on other websites which are very popular and much more expensive - and this easily matches their quality and style but for far far less money - which makes me very happy. The reds were more of a mauve and burgandy which sounds knid of 80's but it really isn't. They just aren't really bright red or brick red or burgandy. The red just has more blue undertones. There is a smattering of green throughout but the primary colors are definitely the blue which is kind of a mottled slate and a goldish light brown. I know I will have it for years to come. I'm done looking at rugs for my bedroom. The other thing that other reviwers mentioned is that they ordered it and it was here within days. That's absolutely right. The rug was folded and wrapped and is really heavy. I had to flop it end over end to get it up the stairs to the 2nd floor of my home but once I got it there - I don't plan to move it again - ever. To me a beautiful rug is the foundation for any beautiful room and this does it and I'm looking forward to having friends over who will ooh and ahh over this rug. I know the will.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It seemed more muted
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice - soft under my bare feet
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
We hand a beautiful wool rug in our dining room, that was badly damaged by pantry moths. MY husband took it a company that specializes in rug repair. Sadly,it was damaged beyond repair. We decided to start looking for a replacement. We needed a 13' by 10" I looked at rugs on the internet and Major department and specialty rug stores. I found many I liked, but they were in the thousands of dollars. I decided to looked at Overstock.com I found the perfect rug called Safavieh handmade Legacy. I always read the reviews to get a feel of what other buyer's were rating the rug. Most talked about what a good value the rug is. Yesterday we took the rug in to be be pretreated and scotch guarded. We get it back next Saturday. Just in time for the Holidays. Yes I would recommend it to everyone.
I read the reviews and decided to try this rug after MONTHS of looking on o.co. Very pleased with my final decision and the product, actually! Ordered on a Monday. It was here on Thurssday. Super quick! (As other reviewers stated, it was very heavy to move, and hard to lay down for the same reason. the 9x13 is at a 2+ person job.) Colors are (as other reviewers stated) more muted, and very appealing. Ours hasn't shed that much, but perhaps because we have a huge HEPA filter in the room to disspiate the "new carpet" smell. (It is in our bedroom, still smells 10 days in.) Only negative is that odor. Not sure why a handmade rug would have a strong chemical odor. Glue of some sort? Anyway... overall we are very pleased with the look and soft, thick feel underfoot. Look forward to not feeling overwhelmed by this smell, though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors are more muted and blend better than the photo. Blue is softer, contrasts are less defined. Nice, actually.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice, thick, modern rug. Bit of a "new carpet" smell though. After about 10 days it is less pungent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I've ordered three other rugs from Overtock and this rug like the others is beautiful. The rug is thick and the colors are great for our master bedroom. It did shed for awhile, but I'm the one who does the vacuuming so it didn't bother me. Like other posters, if you've been putting the purchase of this rug off , buy it, you won't be sorry!
As other reviews have noted, the colors in the photos are not accurate. If you could remove the yellow cast, they would be correct. The background is ivory and the blue is a soft blue gray. I took a risk on the colors because the rug was going into an empty room where I could choose wall and furniture colors to complement it. It is very thick and comfortable on my feet, even without a rug pad. It does shed, as one would expect with a wool rug. It is attractive and a very good value. As a result, I also bought the same rug in another size for an adjoining room.
Love the color, the feel & the look. I could not be more pleased. Delivery was spot on. No hassles at all. If you want a soft calming pale blue, this is it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described.
Rug was a little larger than described. I've only had it down for a week, but the creases have disappeared. So far so good. I love the color and pattern. Very thick - dogs love it. People love it. Success.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors were actually muted, which is what I wanted and why I ordered it. Others have said the same.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It seems great so far. After a week still creating fuzz. But that was expected. Not a huge deal.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
I would love to buy more like this rug. The blue coloring in such a rug is hard to find, and matches my dining room. I continue to be impressed with the speed of delivery, and packing for shipment.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close in color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thick, even pile, beautiful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This rug is beautiful. I have received many compliements on it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Lighter, but still rich colors.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
This is a beautiful rug. I usually buy Karastan, however, this is just as nice. It does shed for the first week or so, but well worth it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Lighter than shown, as mentioned in other comments but beautiful!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is tightly woven wool, rich looking and a bargain at the price. It looks like a very expensive rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate