I was happy with the quality of this Safavieh rug, but very disappointed in the colors. The blue is almost a baby blue, the area that looks cream is yellowish, and the russet-looking florals are actually pink! The overall effect is very Easter-egg-ish. Instead of being a calming, natural-looking rug that I wanted to show off my spring and summer decor (spring: nests, robins' eggs, greenery, white florals; summer: white coral, shells, very natural) I unhappily unwrapped something that is very pastel, girly, and old-fashioned looking. This rug made my living room look very dated instead of updated. I would only recommend it for someone who wants an uber-traditional, pastel look.
The rug arrived promptly and in excellent shape. The rug is beautiful, a little lighter than pictured, however the colors still worked wonderfully with my room. The rug is of exceptional quality - very well made and very expensive looking. I have 2 persian rugs I paid in the thousands for several years ago and I can put this one next to them and you can not tell the difference in quality. I will definately buy another rug from overstock.
I ordered this rug for my foyer hoping to add some much-needed color. Unfortunately, the rug didn't live up to the colorful rug that I thought I was ordering per the picture and description. Instead of adding a "pop" of color to the hardwood floors, you didn't really even notice it. To me, the colors were pastel and dated. I tried so hard to like it but I ended up sending it back and having to pay the shipping charge. I've decided this will probably be my last rug from Overstock unless perhaps I order natural one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was almost pastel-like instead of a more vibrant color like in the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall, the rug quality was nice but I returned it due to the color.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the colors wasn't true to the actual product.
This is a great buy for the money- you will not be returning this rug if you purchase it. I am very pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was a bit off from the picture online. It looks like a mustard yellow around the border, but in actuality it is more beige. Also, what looks to be a rusty orange, is really a coral color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great. It is thick and so comfortable. The colors are so warm, and work wonderfully with my taupe walls, green furniture and pine floors.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate.
I have bought several rugs from Overstock and I love this one the best. It is very thick and luxurious. I can't believe it doesn't shed either. The colors are pretty much true to the picture. The reds are more a rusty red color which is what I wanted. If you like the way it looks on screen, then you'll like the rug.
I could not be happier with this rug. I have it's sister is browns with a touch of teal blue & red in the living room. I have one huge room, lvng room , dining & kitchen. Corals, beiges, deep aqua This Legacy rug is in a large entry in the dining area which flows into the kitchen. The colors are bright but suttle at the same time. Therefore, a variety of blues, reds corals all go well with it. The border is ceamy beige not goldish as pictures may portray. Both of my wool Safavieh rugs had minimal shedding. They do not show dirt from dog occasionaly sneaking in with dirty paws. Wonderful thick cushion pile. You do not need a thick rug pad.
After receiving a request for a review and seeing the rug pictured again, I remembered why I liked and ordered this rug. I ordered it for my son's bedroom. The colors are not true to the picture with the blue being very pale and the red being pink. The rug looks much richer in the photo, although the quality of the wool is good. I would not recommend unless you want a rug with pastel colors. I would have returned except the cost of returning was not worth the expense and hassle as I was not able to get the rug back in the original packaging.
I ordered this rug and it arrived on time. The colors and details were significantly different. The main problem though is that it arrived with an overpowering mildew smell. I had to seal it back up and get it out of my house because I couldn't even tolerate it for 2 hours. I have read other reviews where there was no smell, so maybe it was just bad luck. The quality of the rug was very nice though, thick with a good backing. Wish it would have worked.
This is nice and thick rug. Initially when I vacuumed the rug, fiber kept on coming off. It concerned me but it settled down a little as the time goes. The design is very nice. The muted tone does radiates elegance to the space. This is a beautiful rug indeed.
Received the first carpet and it was stained and had a mildew smell so I had to send it back. The second one is great! It smells good. looks great and the colors are much better as well. It is beautiful. It does shed a lot which is normal to thick pile carpets in the beginning. Very happy with overstock.com customer service and the carpet.
I absolutely love this rug! It has very soft muted colors and the light blue center and border is just what I have been looking for. It is simply beautiful! I highly recommend it and am even thinking of ordering a larger one for another room. Thank you, Overstock!
I agree w a post purchase reviewer when they stated that it is more pastel than vibrant. BOOOO it would have been perfect if not for this... As it is it will work in another room thank goodness- I'll try looking again but DEFINITELY read the review before adding to cart.
I couldn't be happier with the rug. I prefer it to others purchased elsewhere for 3-4 times the cost. Colors are somewhat muted but I was expecting this. Looks beautiful in the sunlight.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the colors are exactly as they appeared on my screen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality - thick and plush, doesn't shed
You just cannot beat the quality of this rug for the Overstock price. This is the 3rd rug I have bought from them and I have loved them all. If you need a lighter-toned thick rug that looks expensive and you want to match blues or salmon or yellows then this is the rug for you.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? This rug reads much lighter in person. This is because the border seems more yellow. I think the middle colors are pretty accurate. I was worried the rug would read "1980s" as one reviewer suggested but it is really quite nice. The blue is greyed out and the rust color leans toward deep salmon and the gold reads more toward yellow.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. exquisite
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate esspecially when reviews on color considered
After reading the descriptions of the rug from the numerous positive reviews, I decided it would be a perfect addition to our foyer. I wasn't disappointed. It is a high quality rug with muted colors. Just lovely. In the past, I've purchased a similar quality rug from Horchow at a much higher price. Thank you, Overstock.com, for bringing us such affordable luxury!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color blue is more muted
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality