This rug is gorgeous in person. The colors are somewhat darker/more saturated than the photos...not in a bright way but in a rich way. What appears cream in the pictures is actually a pale grey-beige color, really lovely. Other colors are dark orange/rust, milk chocolate brown, khaki, old gold, dusty aqua, camel, tan/beige. Medium pile, feels great underfoot. We have had it about two weeks and it's still shedding a bit (and filling up our vacuum cleaner) but it is tapering off. It's a great combination of neutral colors while still being colorful and interesting! I would definitely buy again as it exceeded our expectations.
Buyers remorse. I bought this rug for my new office and there are over 50 pieces of hard glue sticking out of the fabric. I kept stepping on them with my bare feet and it would painfully poke my feet. I spent over 2 hour combing through the run to pull out the hard pieces of the glue. Now I have a bunch of holes in the rug. I don't recommend anyone buying this rug. Especially, if you have small children. They could really hurt themselves.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Awful, there were several hard pieces of glue sticking out of the rug. Very painful to step on.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I have these carpets in my living room and dinning room. They are plush, feel so wonderful underfoot and wear well. Our first is three years old and looks as new as the ones that just arrived. The coloring is somewhat subtle, not as light without the white areas the photos online show. But they provide the background for a classic and even transitional style. Thankfully the blue is not true blue, not steel blue, but is more of the blue (mostly) with a little green mixed in.....making it a great background for blues in your room that border seafoam, aqua, and turquoise. I have those colors as accents and it does compliment well. Also there is a rust of sorts, and a mild yellow in the carpet pattern, plus a bit of off white. I can see this rug working well with those colors. But if you are looking for a bright carpet with true clear color, keep looking.
The rug is gorgeous, I wish that the color was more ivory (as the name indicates) but we are please with the rug and ultimately decided to keep it...returning the rug would have been a pain and return shipping would have been costly. The shipping was very fast, it arrived within 4 days.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was substantially more blue than pictured. All of the "ivory" areas in the photo are blue in real life.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality, some shedding (as expected with any new wool rug). Has a great feel and is very heavy (90lbs)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurately described.
This is the first time I've purchased anything from Overstock.com and I'm really impressed with the quality of this rug (and others in the same pattern). We recently purchased a new home which had laminate floors. I HATE them. Since we couldn't lay wall-to-wall carpet over laminate we ended up buying area rugs and hallway runners. I spotted this particular rug the first time I visited the big O, and read all the reviews. I learned that the colors in the picture were not correct, but from what the reviewers described it sounded like the colors were exactly what I needed. The basic colors are WEDGEWOOD BLUE and IVORY with rust and gold. These colors really compliment the color of our walls and furniture/accessories. I was so pleased with the rug that I eventually put the same pattern in our entryway, dining room, long hallway, nook and 1/2 bath. The rugs look so expensive and are soft to walk on. There have been a number of comments about how much the rugs shed, but I haven't had a problem with it. My 3 dogs shed more!
We ordered on a Friday night and the rug was here by Wednesday the next week. The quality is great, like any other hand made wool rug I've loved. While I like the colors, they're much darker than in the picture or description. The "ivory" is more of a very light gray, and the orange is a rust color. The blue is a grayed out, almost Colonial blue. I would love it more if there was the ivory as listed in the description, but the browns and rust tie in well to existing elements in the room.
Love this rug so far we've only had it a week. It is shedding a lot more in one spot than others so I hope it stands up. The colors are beautiful, but the photo is terrible. The ivory color is gray not white at all. In some rooms it might look medium tan. As a whole the tones are muted not bright like the photo shows, which in my opinion is more true to a real oriental. So overall it's a great buy for the money we should have bought it first over the jute which did not last a year with 2 labs and 2 kids. Never buy jute in a high traffic area or any area it is nothing but a dust collector. My only complaint is it went on sale 3 days after we bought it as did the jute both from overstock.
You can't go wrong with this wool rug. It's gorgeous.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Well done.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent. I plan to order another one in a different pattern.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I purchased this rug to go with a canvas print also purchased thru overstock : Sylvia Angeli Orange Glow--- Wow, what a combo!!! The dining room is amazing and anyone who visits comments on it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was different in person, but worked very well for us. In person it was brighter- just as others reviewed it had said
The rug definitely met my expectations. The colors were almost identical to the ones on the site. The orange-y color is a bit more burnt orange and the yellows are gold. The blue is between a turquoise and a powder blue. Overall, though, the colors were in the range that I expected, since I do expect a slight variation from computer screen to real life. The rug arrived quickly. The package is extremely heavy but I was able to pull it inside and unroll it with some assistance.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Nearly identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
I love the rug. I hesitated at first to by a rug online when you can't really feel the product before purchasing and it would be too much to return but it turned out a really good buy compared to the price. It's a great quality rug, also beautiful. Delivery is fast. Great saving.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? more gray around the rim, not yellow as in the picture but it turns out great.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I looked at this rug for months before purchasing. I love it and it adds color to my dark wood floor and taupe walls. Its differemt-looking than most Persian rugs and I love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are very close to the picture, aqua background, colorful but soft, not muted but not too bright
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far, very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I made a huge mistake when I bought this rug. I should have looked at the reviews and the written description more than the picture. That is what has prompted me to write a review. As others have stated, the colors are not the same. When I flipped the corner back to look at it during opening, I thought the wrong rug was sent because the colors were so different. I was looking for the aqua, orange and darker yellow, like the picture. This is a little grey, gold, burnt orange/rust, light camel, forest green, dark powder blue and brown. Pretty, just not what I was looking for. Excellent quality. Too hard to send back, of course.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The picture is much more vibrant with brighter colors than the actual rug.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fantastic!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
Very nice rug with nice colors and great deal. Colors in photo not accurate but actual colors worked better for us.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors where not consistent with picture but were consistent with other reviews. Colors are better than those online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thick, heavy, nice quality. Would pay double anywhere else
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate other than colors
We are very happy with this rug. The colors are deeper in reality and it is so soft. The only complaint I have is that it shed for several weeks longer than most other new rugs. Now that it's no longer shedding it is perfect!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors on screen are much more vibrant than in reality. The blue is a green/blue in person and the other colors are deep and rich.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality - very plush under foot.