Thank goodness I read the reviews, or I might have thought this rug was predominately gold as the image shows. It's actually milk chocolate brown with a medium blue border. The accents are true red and soft green. It works well with many colors - looks great on my medium brown hardwood floor . I think the colors and pattern are very practical and will not show spots or stains. Great price too!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The image shows too much gold.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
Overstock returned the rug with no questions, a great transaction from them. Thank you! Returned because color was nothing like pictured. Beautiful rug however couldn't use it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? did not match at all...I returned the rug because the color wasn't anything like the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug was a great quality for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Everything was right on other then the color...I thought it was the wrong rug when it arrived.
This is a beautiful, well made rug. However, I wish I had read a review stating that the colors are much darker than they read on a monitor. I viewed it on two monitors. The brown appears on screen as a dark taupe/golden brown, which would have worked with my decor. In reality, the brown is dark chocolate brown, a lovely shade, but not for me personally. I purchased this in the 2 x 3 as a test before ordering the 9'6 x13'6, and am so grateful that I did. If you want a dark rug, this is a great choice. Meanwhile, I will continue my search.
Safavaiah blue and brown wool rugs do not look like the online photos, but they are lovely. Actual color is milk chocolate brown, sky blue, cream, and touches of green and wine. Thick pile, nice patterns, work very well in our 1915 bungalow, where our furniture is eclectic (dark wood floors and furniture, brown leather chairs and sofas, butterscotch walls with rust brown and copper and white trim) but with a nod to history. These rugs (we bought in two sizes, for our living area and adjoining dining area, as the house is open plan) were purchased to replace two other Safavaiah rugs we loved (Chelsea), but which kwere loop construction (our cats loved to pull the loops, sadly) and were light colored. Since we love to entertain and love red wine, the Chelsea rugs became hopelessly stained over four years. We bought these darker background rugs and love them. I changed out some sofa cushions and throws to tie in the blue and added a punch of orange for fun, and, voila!, perfect! Roomba cleans these easily, and we've already had a red wine spill, which cleaned up beautifully. Very happy with these rugs!
I've tried to find something worthy to say about this product but in the end it's just a loss on my part. The colors are not at all like what is shown but the real problem is the poor quality. The rug just keeps on shedding much more than it should and not just fibers, but small plugs. I had purchased a wool rug before on overstock.com and was very satisfied. But this one is nothing like the other. The low price hooked me but in the end I'll replace the rug and eat the cost.
The rug arrived very quickly. I was pleased. I was warned by Overstock.com that the color might not match the colors on my computer screen, which were golds, tan, orange with an accent of red and a smokey blue border. It did say that the rug was brown and blue in the description. I had two people look at the rug on their screen, it was definitely a beautiful orange color. I thought, oh well, maybe what they call brown, is actually a rusty orange. I sent for it. It came. It is dark brown and blue. Not ugly really, but not at all what I wanted. I did not send it back. I am so happy to have a rug, any rug, that I kept it. We are saving up, and will buy a rug someday that is what I want and sell the one we have. It is a good quality 100% wool rug and the price was low. So, I am pleased but not thrilled.
Great rug for the price - should hold up well - love the colors - wrinkles came out within 3 days - shipped and packaged in good fashion.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close -the brown and blue description matches the actual
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent - good thickness and weave
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I have had this carpet a week. Each time I vacuum (needed daily) I have to dump my canister 2 times--if I continued vacuuming, I think it would continue until no wool was left. This is a nightmare....I think this is much worse than a little shedding. I have 4 other carpets from Overstock and they are all fine (all handtufted--not sure of the difference). I am going to see about returning it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is terrible--looks good at first but is losing way to much just by vacuuming and walking on it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate but not good quality
It wasn't easy to find an area rug large enough to go under our king size bed but this it perfect. It's large enough to under it while still allowing enough of the rug to show from under the bed and walk around the perimiter. Our bedroom is painted a wedgewood blue which is matched by the blue in the rug border. The golden brown color in the field of rug is great for hiding dirt and the occasional coffee spill. It is very thick and soft underfoot. I liked it so much I bought a smaller matching one for the sitting room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Excellent rug, beautiful color and looks great on my oak floor!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This wool rug is exactly what I want.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good quality rug,accurate description
I thought the rug was great. We ordered it for an office and it looks perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors were as pictured. Blue was a little brighter than it shows, but still nice.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was very nice. Looks more expensive.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
I couldn't be happier with this rug -- it arrived exactly as pictured, no surprises, and the quality is amazing, especially for the price. Mine has not seemed to "shed" like some of the others reported. It arrived super fast and folded in a box and the creases came out in no time. The blue in it matches my blue leather chesterfield couch perfectly. I will definitely be buying more rugs from Overstock :->)
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? fantastic
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
The photo does not do his rug justice. Extremely thick. plush carpet. The colors are richer and deeper than they appear in the photo. Requires vacuuming due to some shedding because of the tufting. Well worth the effort. This was for a bedroom remodel and it is truly a statement piece which gives the room great character and looks like it is out of a magazine. Wish I had more rooms to put another one in.
We are very happy with the quality of this rug. Colors are very soothing and the carpet is plush and soft. Looks just like the picture. Shipping was fast, received it within 3 days from ordering it. No complaints here. Thank you OVERSTOCK!
This is my second order of rugs on overstock. The first one was a sinlge rug of decent quality, nothing special though. After reading the reviews, I placed another order; however with some caution, since several reviews were not entirely positive. I thougt that someone may have been unfairly critical, since most of the review were strongly positive. This time I ordered three rugs...and oh boy, did I regret it. Everything that the negative reviews mentioned was absolutely true. All three rugs shed like a sick dog. The rugs were always covered with fibers. You could not sit on it without getting up and being covered in wool fibers. The colors were definetely "off" when compared to the photos on website. Additionally, one of the rugs was by mistake substituted with a different style rug of a smaller size. This problem got corrected after a call to overstock. After one week, I returned all three rugs. When packing the rugs, I discovered a small cut on one of them. So, I was twice happier that I was returning those. After all this, I am were leery about all those glaring 5-star reviews when some other reviews are starkly different. I shop a lot on line. But now is very disappointed with O-stock, since they decided to carry this substandard items.