The rug I received barely resembles the rug in the photo. This is a beige rug. The photo appears gold. THERE IS NOTHING GOLD ABOUT THIS RUG. It is a lovely, very well made, BEIGE rug. The real-life color is miles away from the photo. The rug itself is very plush, very well-made, and would sell from at least double this cost at retail. BUT if you are looking for a goldish, mustardy rug, you will be VERY disappointed. Quality is very good, but I rate it "poor" because it does not match my room at all and is too expensive to mail back to Overstock so it was a big waste of money for me.
I am happy with this rug. It is very pretty and seems to be of good quality. The only negative thing is I notice that when I vacumn the rug my canister is full of hairs every time. But I think all rugs that are not hand looped lose fibers. I would recommend this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was a bit different, the picture looked a bit more orange but it is brown.. Also the pattern is large
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
rug was delivered three days after ordered and we immediately put it down in our dining room....outstanding! Size was accurate, colors are beautiful and it is much more than I expected for the price. Absolutely no odor and folds smoothed out within 48 hours. I wouldn't hesitate to order from this manufacturer again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? deeper blue; more gold/brown than the rust it looks in picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality especially for price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Sizing is accurate; colors deeper than described
I was surprised at how easy it was to unpack, and how fast it got here. Overall this feels like a good, solid carpet. I would have liked more gold than brown, but I'm satisfied.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not as bright--definitely more brown than gold
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. pretty good. lots of shedding right away, but that should go away.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty good.
This is a tufted rug, not woven, and I knew that when I ordered it. It's shedding now, but we are hoping it will let up. When the kids sit on the rug in sweatpants they get covered in fuzz. We were looking for a rug with this look, without the high price, so we got what we paid for. As to the colors, it is predominantly brown and blue. The brown is almost like a chocolate color, but with a tinge of army green to it. The blue is what I would call sky blue. The red accents are a burgundy or wine color. I just hope the shedding stops at some point!
This rug is just beautiful!! The colors are so rich in person. It does not shed much at all. It looks gorgeous in my dining room and the price was outstanding. The dining room is painted a pale blue grey and it pulls out the blue in the border. I have bought lots of rugs on Overstock with success but this is one of my favorites!!
This rug is thick and plush, once it stopped shedding it's been fabulous! I use it under my dining room table I don't even care if it's a "real" oriental or not. It doesn't show any dirt, the perfect color! I wish I had gotten one for the living room at the same time!
Arrived in just a few days and packaged very well. Unfolded nicely and is absolutely beautiful! The colors show very close to the picture and is actually prettier in person. As others have said, it does shed but all wool rugs will do this and it is slowing down. We have warm tone hickory floors and this rug completely compliments th room. This was the first time I have purchased a rug online, was nervous, but in the end I am extremely happy with this purchase. I will be buying my next three rugs from here.
My only issue is the shedding and the description that said brown when in fact its more gold.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was pretty accurate.....its more gold than brown. There was no brown as described. Looks like picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality is good looks wise but it sheds like crazy. The fibers are allll over my floor.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
This rug is extremely heavy--especially in the 9 x 12 size. It is so beautiful and plush and the colors are strong without being overwhelming. I'm using it in a large dining area with an open kitchen and island. The room has cherry wood floors and the colors compliment the wood tones and help the acoustics because the ceilings are vaulted. It's looks beautiful both in the daylight and at night. I could not be happier and the price is terrific.... a real bargain without looking like one!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality, very plush.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Extremely accurate description.
I love, love, love this area rug. It is beautifully made, thick and luxurious. Colors are beautiful - I could not be happier with my choice. Overstock.com is my favorite place to shop. I'm never disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close to what you see is what you get - but better
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurage
I debated about making an online carpet purchase for about two months before I decided to take the plunge and buy this one. Given that it was a large item (9×12), and cost prohibitive to return if I didn't like it, I was more than a little nervous when I placed the order. I did read previous reviews stating that the carpet is NOT the gold color represented in the pictures, and that being wool, this carpet would naturally shed fibers over time. When we finally unrolled the carpet yesterday, I was so pleased! It is definitely a light brown background, not gold, with a medium brown border. The blue is almost denim, with soft gray-greens and lighter beige accents throughout. The red is deep, with a gray undertone, which matches the other colors beautifully. I would say that if you want a colorful carpet that is still muted enough to act as a neutral element in your room, this will fit the bill. I gave it a thorough vacuum yesterday and dumped put a full canister of fibers. I vacuumed it today and ended up with half a canister. My kids have rolled around on it all day today, and while they have some wool fibers on them, it's nothing dramatic. I do anticipate that it will continue to shed. This is totally normal. Overall, I am extremely pleased with my risky purchase. The color scheme is pleasant and the pattern will hide stains or dirt well. It is soft underfoot, and once the rug pad I ordered arrives, it will be quite comfy indeed. I couldn't be happier! Update: Turns out this carpet is a real fuzz bucket, as my dad used to say. I think my kids have accelerated the process since they have been using the carpet as a Lego building ground. I have vacuumed it twice daily and emptied a full canister of fibers after each time. I'm optimistic that it will slow down soon.
I love the colors in this rug. It is beautiful in my dining room, which is painted a butter yellow and has lots of sunlight. Yes, it sheds, but keep vacuuming and it will remedy that. The disappointment is in the quality of manufacture...walking barefooted on the rug revealed some knobby places which turned out to be chalk-like chunks that can be broken down and removed, but left some thinning in the pile of the rug. Perhaps that substance is something that is used to coat the back of the rug? I don't know, but we chose to live with the several spots as it is under the table and the price was very reasonable. If the rug was in an open area, I'm not sure that I would have kept it. I would never have paid what the value of this rug is stated to be. I have bought rugs from Overstock in the past and been very happy with them. Reading the reviews is a "must" and really halos make an informed decision...because who really wants to roll up, package and return a rug!