Purchased two of these in two sizes. They are absolutely beautiful and perfect for my house. As others have noted, these rugs are Milk Chocolate and French Blue combo, with touches of wine color. They have NONE of the rust tones that the picture implies. We had previous Safavieh rugs, also of excellent quality, but they had cream colored background and after five years of red wine spills, we decided to replace them with darker-background area rugs. These are perfect. And our Roomba vacuum has no problem moving over the edges,maven though these are very thick rugs!
This rug is more beautiful in person then the pictures, however it is forever shedding fuzz. I have to vaccum it daily to keep it from being on everything and that isn't really enough! You just have to expect it on your clothing if you sit on it. Otherwise, I love it.
I bought this area rug because of the colors and quality and after reading what other customer had ro say about it. I absolutely love it. It did shed some at first as wool rugs do but I am completely satisfied with it and will probably buy a runner and a door rug to go wit it.
I have lusted after this rug for 3 years and finally Overstock gave me the right price. You cannot beat OStock's price anywhere on the web, at least for this item, and I have looked a long time. If you are a fan of wool rugs, be prepared to vacuum, vacuum, vacuum. I filled the canister twice and could have gone a third time but stopped there. Wool rugs shed - they are not defective - they just shed, so buyer beware. When I first saw this rug it was the beautiful golden brown depicted in the on-line picture that I fell in love with, but after reading reviewers' comments, I knew that is not what would be coming to my house. Still, it is a beautiful color brown and the blue border, oddly enough, is true to what is pictured. The rug is very plush. I really love it.
I bought this rug knowing that it wasn't going to be a great rug considering the price. I think the 2 major flaws with the rug are (1) it sheds a lot. I've had it for almost 2 years, and it still sheds a lot. I try to vacuum it quickly as it will fill my vacuum's canister within less than 2 minutes of vacuuming. The 2nd issue is that the rug's colors are different than pictured. It is as titled, brown and blue. But the photos make it look more tan/golden with a subtle blue, so I was disappointed with the color when I got it. It is predominantly baby blue and medium dull brown. I bought the rug knowing I wouldn't be using it for years or having it as a primary rug in my home, so it's OK for what I need right now. I wouldn't buy it again though due to the shedding and the colors which are more suited for contemporary rug pattern. I would recommend it with reservations. It's thick enough; didn't need a rug non-slip pad for it on the tile floor, and it looks OK for the price and material (not great). Works in my sun room for the purpose, but when I replace it, I wouldn't get this rug again.
There are differences in the pattern and colors comparing to the site display. However, the rug fit into our room nicely, the real colors match our staircase carpeting, The quality of the rug is excellent, we are happy with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual colors are different from the site display.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the rug is accurate.
I wanted this rug to be the warm colors that are shown in the photograph. So, I'm a little disappointed. It will do in our mountain home. I'm not sending it back. It feels nice and looks nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The blue matches but the rusty brown is actually a muted green (way off) and the red parts are a brownish maroon.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is moderately dense and of reasonable quality for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Wouldn't call it a masterfully designed rug that instantly transformed my home.
I have a large family and a large dog and bought this rug for our living room. The colors seem more muted to me than they appeared on the site, but still lovely. The border color is a blue grey and for a large family, hides the dirt beautifully! The rug is very soft, cleans easily and barely shed as most carpets do. This the second rug I bought for this room, the first one showed all the dirt and I was cleaning it constantly, so out the door that went, and this is a welcome change. Great price and really worth it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is more muted
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful quality. I have a large family and a Big dog and this rug is perfect for us. The colors are more muted on the rug, but lovely.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine
I love using Overstock.com for area rugs. I choose based on description and a careful look at the reviews. This is the fourth rug we purchased this way and we have not been disappointed. We have purchased rugs for thousands of dollars more and we cannot tell the difference in the quality or look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful, cushy, rich and very well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described
I love this rug. The colors are great and I'm decorating my room around the colors in the rug! I'm very happy with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors in my rug are very similar to the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was impressed with the quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
This is a nice rug, but definitely brown and blue...I was hoping the brown wouldn't be quite so dark, but it works alright. One drawback is that I have had it for a month and have vacuumed it a lot and it is still shedding a lot.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? more brown in person than on site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
A very good rug for the money. It looks great in our bedroom. It has a flower motif which goes with with our bathroom decor. It smelled for a day or two but the odor has gone away. We are very pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This is a really great Safavieh rug for the price! The two breakout pictures give a better indication of what the rug really looks like. The main picture is too gold in tone. Also, the shapes on the rug aren't as crisp as they are in the main picture. The brown is a caramel color and the blue is closer to a slate blue. I like how this rug has the blue on the border. If you like blue, this rug is a good choice because, usually, your furniture sits on the middle of the rug, covering up the main color and what you end up seeing mostly is the border. The rug is very good quality and is very thick. I have it on tile and do not need to use a pad.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I could not be happier with my new rug. It is so beautiful and of such high quality. I was looking for a rug that would have neutral colors, and this rug is perfect. The brown is not a caramel brown, and I would hesitate to call it cocoa. But it is a lovely rich color.... I think it is a tiny bit greenish, but maybe that's just me. It's the color of the 2 close up pictures - not the big picture where it is all lit up. I like the design of the rug so much that I almost don't want to put a coffee table on top of it. The price is absolutely unbeatable if you've shopped around. I'm thrilled!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is just like the close up pictures.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug has a thick, plush pile.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
I love this rug! I read all the reviews and thought about it for weeks before I ordered it, and I'm so glad I did. I couldn't decide if it would work better in my living room or dining room, but it turned out to be too small for my dining table and 6 chairs, so I used it in the living room. I was very impressed with the quality, especially considering the price. And it doesn't shed at all. The colors add a modern feel to the traditional styling, and I thought they were very true to the image on the website. I also ordered the Durable Hard Surface and Carpet Rug Pad (6'x9'), which was the perfect size, and added some additional padding.
This is a nice rug that perfectly matches my sofa and lamps. It's not as thick as I would have liked, but it's a good price for an all-wool rug. Be warned though - in the photo, the rug looks much more expensive than it does in real life.