nice thick heavy rug- but 2 warnings- the blue is a very bright blue (not a duller blue as i expected) and it does shed terribly... it's been a month and about 7 or 8 vacuuming times and it's still shedding. other than that i love it. and in the center where it is more blue than i was after, will be a coffee table anyway to help break it up.
When I ordered the product I was aware of the fact that the colors might be muted due to past experiences - and they are, but not as much as I had expected. The pattern shows beautifully and even though the border is less 'yellow-ish' and more 'camel', the contrasts work nicely. The blue is what I'd imagine for a 'heritage' blue: It is somewhere between a stormy sky blue and a 'worn' denim. Nice! The carpet has a soft, thick feel.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More muted in nature.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality feels nice to naked feet. It's soft and thick and has a luxurious feel combined with a good look.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Besides the color description the description of the rug is accurate.
The color is stronger and a little clearer than shown on the website, but not brighter. So the blue is a slightly greyed wedgewood blue, and a strong color, but not bright. The gold is definitely a strong gold, but not brash. The rug is vibrant and certainly holds it's own in a room without being overpowering. It adds warmth and color without dominating. It has a very comfortable and thick pile. Only slight shedding. I do use the rug pad with it and it's very comfortable to walk on.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Website color is not as strong it really is
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality, esp for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
When I first unrolled it, I thought it was perfect. But than I noticed that the blue in the center is a lot more brighter than the muted color blue in the picture. So be aware of that.. Not 100% sure if we are going to keep the rug only because of the color.. but the quality is very, very good!
I was ready for bright blue based on all the comments. So, I was ready. It is not a subdued gray blue, but it is not a bright blue. I was more surprised by the amount of maroon outlining the design.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Somewhat off
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I like the thick wool rugs, and am willing to put up with the shedding
I read all the reviews about this rug being blue, and I thought how blue could it be. Well they were right, if you want a blue, blue rug, get this one. I love it but it did not work for me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was off from the site, it is truely BLUE the site looked more teal.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
It's a beautiful rug. The photo gives it a dusty vintage look but in real life it isn't as muted.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The blue is not as pale. It is brighter.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good.
I purchased this rug for my living room and it did a great job of tying the pieces together. It's very heavy duty and will hide spills well if they're not dark in color. My only concern with it was how much it shed for the first year. After that, it was just fine.
The rug is thick and the colors are great - more acqua then blue but very subtle. The rug is rich in appearance and looks like a much more expensive carpet. I have two dogs and frequent four legged visitors. They seem to love it as much as I do but it vacuums well and looks like new again. It has "pilled" more than I would have expected but the wool is so thick I am not concerned.
Put this rug in my apartment bedroom. The blue is just as shown online. I even used the online picture to chose wall paint before the rug was delivered and the match was perfect. It does shed a bit but so do my expensive orientals even after several years. The only flaw was a slight (less than 1 inch) frayed edge on one side but I just put that side under the bed. Had the rug for almost two years and it still looks great and shows no dirt.
After reading all the other reviews about this rug regarding the shade of blue, I purchased this area rug. The shade of blue is very bright (as others said), however, it is not a "true blue" color -- it is more of a light teal or greenish- blue color. While it is not sky blue (as I had hoped), it is still a beautiful blue and blends in well with the other shades of blue in my family room. The rug changed the whole look of the room -- it is now much more bright and welcoming! The rug also is a nice thickness and very soft.
I love the look of this rug but it sheds horribly. I've had it for about 2 years. It fills my vaccum everytime!! With a new baby that's crawling all over it, I am looking to replace it. His clothes are covered in wool. There is always wool laying next to the rug on my hardwood. If I had a room that didn't get used often I would put this rug in there, but unfortunately I don't.