I ordered 2 different sizes of this rug for my living/dining room. I was delighted with the quality. The rug was plush, soft ,and thicker that I expected for the price. I haven't vacuumed them yet, so I don't know if they will shed, but my $1700.00 rug did some shedding when I first got it too. The color looks a little different than the picture. The border has alot of khaki color, but looks nice. It has a little green, and some rusty/dark red depending on how you look at it, and a small amount of choclate brown in the leaves. The blue is a blue if looking in sunlight, and blueish teal when looking at it at night. It wasn't what I expected but I can make it work because it isn't a" full on" teal. I would guess that they put a little green in the dye to give it this tone of blue. I was expecting a soft powder, muted blue and this isn't. That is why I gave it 4 stars. I needed a rug to protect my grandbabies from the harsh hardwood, and muffle some sound in my house. This fits the bill, and looks like I paid much more. It really brightened my living space of dark brown furniture, and a huge dark stone fireplace. If you're not picky about the tone of blue you need, and don't need to match it with another blue, I would highly recomend this rug. Also, keep in mind that every rug looks different in different houses.
Buyer beware, the color of this rug is not aqau as others have described, but more of a powdery blue. If you have a Benjamin Moore store near you look up the color " blue jean 2062-50" the main color is very close to that. The border color is a light golden tan. Look at Benjamin Moore color "desert tan 2153-50" it is sort of in that family.. Even though the blue was brighter than I had hoped, everybody else in the family thought it was cheery and worked well with our den furniture. Hasn't shed much, we vacuum once a week.
This rug just arrived and I love it right out of the package! I had planned to put it under our dining room table, but after unrolling it and seeing how beautiful it is, I decided to put it in our living room instead where it is much more visible. The dog has already curled up on it to sleep. I gave it a good vacuum right out of the roll and it filled up almost two bins of my vacuum but it was all fluff from the manufacturing process (I also have a crazy powerful vacuum so I don't think it was in bad condition or anything, you couldn't see the fluff unless you got on your hands and knees). I'm frankly amazed at the quality of the rug, it looks like something you would pay 2 or 3 time the price for and it feels amazing to walk on with your bare feet. Overall extremely happy with my purchase. Would highly reccommend!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Agree with the other reviewers, more of a teal/robin's egg blue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, nice pile, very soft, well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
I was really excited about this rug - the quality is great, but the colors are definitely off. The blue is nice - I didn't find it looks teal, but it's definitely darker than the picture suggests. All of the colors are darker - it looks yellow/gold toned in the photo, but I found it to be more of a dark tan and what appears to be dark brown is more of a rust color.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I was disappointed with the color based on the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, very plush & thick
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is a nice wool rug. The colors in person looked just like those on the listing to me. Since it's wool, it has a slightly itchy feel, but it's also very thick and plush so the itchiness kind of cancels out. It shed a lot at first, but I just vacuumed it and that took care of most of it. All in all, a great rug for the cost.
I was a bit reluctant to order a rug on line not having actually seen or touch it with my own eyes and hands. I was extremely pleased with what I got. The colors were true to the picture and the rug seems to be of good quality wool. My dinning room is a pleasure to be in again. Good value.
Lots of discussion on here about the colors, so here is my input. It's not that the colors are darker so much as they are bolder. The blue is more on the hue range of a grayish midnight blue, myabe midway on a value scale of light to dark.. It is not a neutral; most definitely blue. It is not the color of denim, nor is it a robin's egg blue. The gold is somewhat camel. Dark brown outlines and some deep rust accents. It's not exactly what I was expecting, but it's growing on me so I think I'll be keeping it. The quality of this rug is fantastic; heavy, plush, fully finished on the reverse side. There were no chemical odors, something I am very sensitive to, and the rug is so heavy it flattened out on its own.
I am very pleased with this rug overall. The colors are very much like the picture shows. As other reviewers have said, it is a bit darker than pictured but I was hoping for this. The blue reminds me of a medium denim, no hint of green to make it at all an aqua which I am happy about. I have three small children who like to run and tumble about quite a bit. I was concerned that may create a lot of shedding as I've experienced with previous rugs but I'm really pleased that the shedding has been quite insignificant, even with the happy feet running across it. We have had the rug only for two weeks so I am hoping it will continue to hold up well. Overall, very pleased! : )
The rug arrived as promised, and was much more lush than I expected. The color seems a bit darker than I expected, but it looks great. I vacuumed the rug a couple times after rolling it out and recommend that you do the same, you will be surprised at how much ?? shows up in your vacuum. I am very happy with the quality of the rug. thanks overstock!
We are very pleased with the color and quality. It looks just like the picture on the Overstock site. Looks great in our new kitchen. We shopped at Lowes and Home Depot and found nothing matched the prices at Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close in color. Very pleased.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
The rug arrived on time and is gorgeous. We will be using it in our family room as soon as we are done painting.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? realistic
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice and thick, very pretty
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
It's pretty accurate compare to the description. Hope the color can be darker.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
Couldn't believe the quality for the low discount price. The rug was shipped as promised but the pad shipped separately and needed a little trimming as it was exactly the same size as my rug. Very pleased with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was even better than expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The wool pile is rich and thick with close weave and brilliant colors
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the rug was accurate
Bought this rug to replace an older Tibetan rug that had been cleaned and still looked shabby. This rug is very plush, the colors are nice and clear, the design is very good (doesn't look "pixilated" like some cheaper rugs). My only complaint is that this rug won't stop shedding! I vacuum and vacuum, but don't kneel or sit down on it with dark pants! I hope there is an end in sight, but it's been a couple of months and it gets a thorough vacuuming at least 2 x per week. For all the vacuum bags that I've filled, the rug itself doesn't seem to be diminished.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The blue is less grey that the image
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderfully plush, horribly sheddy!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate