ORDERED THESE CARPETS FOR MY HALL WAY. NOT SURE OF WHAT TO EXPECT. READ PRIOR REVIEWS ADN DECIDED TO BUY. GREAT DECISION..THEY LOOKED EXACTLY AS I EXPECTED. THEY DO "SHED" A BIT. THEY VACUUM EASILY AND LOOK LIKE NEW AFTER THE "GROOMING". EXCELLENT QUALITY-COMPARE THE PRICE WITH ANY FURNITURE STORE (OR DISCOUNT-TJ****)-YOU CAN'T. THE PRICE WAS 1/2 OF WHAT I WOULD HAVE PAID AT THE "OTHER STORES"
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? EXACT MATCH
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. EXQUISIT QUALITY
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? VERY
This rug is really beautiful for the price. The color is definitely green, not blue as other reviewers have mentioned. It is also much thicker than expected (about 1/2" deep). My only complaint so far is that I can't get one end to lay flat and we keep tripping on it; it's so thick that heavy books have not worked. I just used double sided carpet tape on it and it seems to be working. We have it in a very high traffic area in our house, on top of wall-to-wall carpeting. We've only owned it a week, so we'll see how it wears. At this price, if we have to replace it in a year or two it's no big deal. Good value!
Was looking for something a few feet longer, but decide I liked this the best. Glad I got it : >) Actually buying a smaller one next...you can't go wrong with this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? spot on; gold is muted
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well crafted
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I appreciated the up-close picture.
We needed a long runner for a hallway in our new home and this is perfect. It is as described and pictured nearly perfectly although the green in the rug is more predominant and with a light blue tinge. Nonetheless, it looks wonderful on our oak floors and its length is perfect. The wool is soft underfoot and its quality appears very good. Highly recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The light green background is more predominant and blue than it appears.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality, plush and soft.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate.
This rug is a good quality rug-nice and plush. I got the runner and it is difficult to find one this long. The colors are not as pictured on the monitor. They are more muted and dusty looking and was described by another reviewer as tea-stained which I find a good description. There isn't a lot of distinction between the rug center and the border. The rug itself seems a type of pea or sage green and the border seems more of a very light olive green rather than a beige or gold. The rug is accented with rust and a dusty amethyst color. The overall effect is pretty in that it is more understated and muted and in a darker room they may blend together. It is pictured as much more vibrant on my monitor. I don't normally like colors that scream at you but I do wish this had a bit more vibrancy in its accents or border. Nevertheless I do like it enough to keep it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? so-so
I got this for my front hallway and it works very well, it has the same sage green as my living room rug so it is compatible. It is very muted colors and does not show dirt as bad as my ivory rug, thank goodness! I am happy with the 16 foot length because it is actually long enough to extend a bit into the room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More sage and muted than gold
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate
What a great purchase! This rug is super plush and thick. This was such a bargain for the quality. You would expect this rug to be at least $300-500 minimum for the size and quality. I am very pleased with this purchase. Now I want to get another shorter one for the other hall in my house. It makes our other rug look thin and cheap in comparison. I also purchased the coordinating rug pad for this rug, which I would also highly recommend. Overall this was one of my best purchases from Overstock.com!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The rug looks a little more green in person
- How is the quality of the product? fantastic
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
After reading all the reviews on this rug, I was completely confused as to what color to expect -- teal, green or blue. I'm happy to say it's a lovely subdued sage green color that looks wonderful in my hallway. I'm happy when a rug or piece of furniture looks so good in my space I don't have to think about it again or second guess myself. This is one of those pieces.