I've been looking for a rug for my living room for months and could not find one I liked enough to commit to for the price. I took a bit of gamble on this one, being unable to see the true colors on the monitor, but I am not disappointed in the least. The rug is Safavieh HG811B-9, and all of the photos of it I found online show the colors as lighter than they truly are. The background is a teal-blue, darker than in the photo. The areas that appear gold are more beige, but still very pretty. The design also contains some browns, darker and lighter olive green, and terra cotta/rust. The overall look of the rug is not at all overpowering, but there is definitely color to it. Some of the other options I considered to be "safer" would have looked a little bland I think. I have neutral walls and olive green sofas, but I plan to replace them within a year or two and wanted something that would look nice with different upholstery. I think this rug would look lovely with any neutral furniture (light, white, dark, brown, tan). The pile of this rug is plush and deep and feels wonderful on my bare feet. I bought a pad to go with it, and it's very comfortable to lie on. It's really upgraded our living room. No regrets about this purchase, and I'm really happy with the value.
I received this rug three days after I purchased it... It is of a great quality, much, much better than pictured. The collors are true to the picture, however more muted. I had made a lot of research before purchasing this rug and all the other rugs I bought from Overstock. One could pay at least three times more for the same rug, and I have included the online retailers in here... This is an amazing bargain! If you do your homework before you buy, you won¿t be disappointed!
Upon first glance, this rug was better than i had expected. the colors are a beautiful blueish teal, with cream, taupe, and a dusty purple accent. The pattern is magnificent. The quality is also great. It is a very thick wool and we didn't need to keep the carpet pad we purchased with this, as it is so thick and sturdy it doesn't slide around on our hardwood floors. I would give this carpet 5 out of 5 stars, until we started noticing that it sheds, and I mean SHEDS. If you sit on the carpet or place anything on it, it is covered in balls of wool. My floors are covered in wool pieces and I have to vacuum everyday. The couch and other furniture are covered in wool as well. At first, I thought it was shedding loose wool strands, and would stop once the loose ones fell out, but it has been almost 3 weeks and it still is shedding such a ridiculous amount that I fear within a few months my carpet is going to start having bald spots. There will be nothing left to it. I am so disappointed in this, because on the surface it is everything I wanted. Its beautiful but not worth the money if all shed like this. It must be on Overstock because of this defect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is similar. very vibrant but not as yellow as the picture which you can tell is not a quality photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it is falling apart. will not stop shedding
So, as stated, I was very happy with the colors of this rug. One concern I had about ordering online was that it would appear as gold/orangeish as the pic. It is not this color. The areas that appear gold are a soft tan color. The contrast with the design and other colors is perfect. The design is pleasant and interesting, but not overbearing. The blue is not too pastel-like, but soft and elegant. It would be great with neutral, muted or pastel color palettes in a room. Very nice. I would love to be able to add a photo of this on my living room floor, but I cannot. It really warms up the space, though and look great. It IS shedding and I will be vaccuming to get rid of that,but as long as it eventually goes away, this is a great value for the price. I am quite pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are a little different- in a good way. The gold is more of a muted tan and the blue is light, pleasing blue.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The pile is great- not too thick or thin.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate.
Love my new rug! Perfect colors for what I wanted; picture online a little more gold than actual appearance. Nice, thick, good quality. Only complaint is the large amount of "shedding" occurring. I vacuum daily to prevent build up, hopeful this will go away soon. Even so, very pleased, would recommend.
Good quality rug overall - we have had a lot of use out of the rug in a main area in our house. Stains wipe up easily and withstands good traffic from 4 kids & dog.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors differed upon delivery. Did like colors but not what was pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality. Have used it for about 3 years with 4 children and a dog - a solid well made rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
As other reviews have mentioned, the actual colors of the rug are cooler in tone. What appears to be gold/ camel on the website is actually more of a cream/ off white. The blue color is more of a teal-gray color. The orange tones are not as pronounced as on the website. Overall the rug is very pretty, soft on the feet, and well made. Being that it is wool, it sheds quite a bit. I hope that the shedding will lessen as time goes by.
I purchased this rug for my living room and it arrived yesterday. The colors are even better than in the photograph - very rich blue, coral, moss green, gold, brown,and ivory and it is a luxuriously rich, deep wool pile. I saw almost the identical rug at a major department store and they wanted four times as much for it! I cannot tell you how thrilled I am with this rug. The two suggestions I have are make sure you get an appropriate pad to put underneath (which I also bought from Overstock) and vacuum the heck out of it. I have a Dyson vacuum and had to empty the canister 4 times to get up all of the loose fibers.
This rug exceeded my expectations! Usually the photos on Overstock aren't accurate - but this one was. Intact, the colors are even richer and more beautiful than the photos. It's durable, blends nicely with a variety of different colors and even cleans up quickly. A good buy.
The quality of the rug is excellent. I was aware from reading reviews that the colors were somewhat different than the pictured rug online. That is an understatement. I had to keep looking at the rug I received and the pictured rug to try and see if it was even the same rug. The colors did not match my decor and I returned it. It cost about $$$ to return it. Follow the advice of others and order a very small one. The rug itself was beautiful but the colors differed to the point that it didn't even resemble the pictured rug. I gave it four stars because of the high quality of the rug.
This rug is beautiful, and well made. It does not shed much which I am grateful for. I like that is natural fibers instead of the poly blends. The colors are subtle and not as gold and orange as in the photo which worked out better for my decor. It is soft, thick and very attractive.
I have teal blue chairs in my living room and this was the perfect rug that pulled my room together. I liked it so much, I'm ordering two 4x 6 rugs as well. What you see is what you get from the pictures on the website. " Good job Overstock".
This is a beautiful rug! Fortunately, the colors work for me, but are not gold as it appears on the screen. The border is ivory. There are ivory, beige/taupe tones throughout the blue center. The blue is not muted. The rug is very thick and plush. I love it!
The rug did not look like the picture. It also had a very musty smell to it. I ordered the same rug in green and gold to replace it and this rug did NOT smell. I think the first one must have been wet at some point.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are much different. There is a lot of beige and brown and the blue is darker than shown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description is correct however the picture is deceiving.
This is the perfect carpet. buying carpet online is a little nerve racking but we read lots of reviews and picked this one. Size is perfect, color works and we really have had very little to no shedding. No smell either! We would buy a carpet from Overstock again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little lighter but comments said it would be
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, laid right down, minimal shedding
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Overall I am very happy with the 8 x 11 rug, but read the reviews before you purchase. I was looking for a beige, blue green rug, I have turquoise, blues and beige in my living room, so therefore it was perfect. My floor is a cherry wood floor so the rust tones in the rug worked as well. I used a 20% off coupon, plus it was on sale with free shipping. Which brought the total price to less than the equivalent 7 x 9 rug. Big smiles here!! :D
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is muted, tones are correct, but there is no gold in the rug, beige with a hint of yellow. Blues are muted blue green. Overall the photo looks super saturated.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I read many of the reviews that said the rug was prone to excessive shedding. I immediately vacuumed the rug as soon as it was unwrapped. Within hours of it being placed on the floor I was playing with the dogs, got up and no fibers were sticking to my pants. So MY particular rug does not shed, at least not after the initial vacuuming.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Color is way off. Pile and thickness of the wool rug is superior.
The rug is very nice looking but sheds like CRAZY! If you don't mind a lot of vacuuming and sweeping around the rug, it can work for you.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it is a little lighter in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
We bought this rug to use in our yellow, blue, and white color-schemed master bedroom. We were looking for a rug with both blues and yellows to compliment our blue stained wood dresser. When the rug arrived, we were a bit skeptical because the blue has a green undertone instead of the true blue of our dresser. After we put the rug down, however, it looked perfect. The yellows shown in the border are a nice creamy yellow which perfectly went with our walls. This is a beautiful rug with a very cushy feel. We absolutely love it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Blue with green undertones
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate