I was impressed with this rug the moment I rolled it out. It is beautiful in color and comfort. The size is not one easily found and I felt fortunate to have come upon this one. The blues, browns, beiges and golds are sophisticately muted, giving it an old world feel. It truly looka way more expensive than it was. I tried to order another one but they were out of stock. As soon as they are in supply again I will be ordering another one. Highly recommend.
I have an open kitchen with eating area that measures about 9'x11'. My dining table is 4' square. Walls are painted Sherwin Williams "Comfort Gray," which has a seafoam green tint to it. Because of all the reviews I read and their notes about colors, I was confident that this would work with the walls as well as the dishes I ordered (also a seafoam green). Many thanks to all who took the time to describe the colors in the rug! NOTE: There is enough sage in the rug that I think you could also use it in an area that emphasizes that shade of green as well. The border is closer to a light brown than to beige. I'd say that the browns are on the golden side, but not yellow-y. It looks very nice against the walnut stain on my hardwood floors.
Everything in the site description matches (plush, well made, measurements) although the colors are much lighter than in the photos. While I do wish the colors were deeper and richer, the rug does have an antiqued look about it that's nice. It's a lovely addition to our living room and adds warmth.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are much less deep and vibrant than they are on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This rug is very plush and hasn't shed at all
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate but the colors in the photo are off
This rug is just what I was looking for: muted, yet traditional. And much prettier in real life! Overstock originally sent me the wrong rug (it was marked as the correct item # on the packaging from India, but was a COMPLETELY different, much bolder style when I opened it up), but they quickly and professionally fixed their error. A new rug was sent out right away, and it arrived even before UPS picked up the old one. The replacement rug was exactly right.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Less muted in real life, but still pretty.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Feels soft & plush underfoot.