I'm giving the rug 4 stars because in the picuture it looks so vibrant and the colors seem to pop out. The color of the rug is like a wine color....not red or rust. There is no gold border...it is a light green with grayblue and bits of gold. The main pattern has flowers with grey blue,brown,green and gold. It is a beautiful rug but very subdued. It is made by Safavieh.......very thick but it doesn't make a statement and maybe that's a good thing
The rug appeared to have more vibrant colors and the actual rug were muted colors.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors were not as vibrant as picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I like the rug; it fits well into my formal living room. It is not as brightly colored as shown in the primary photo. The muted tones work well for me, and after reading the other reviews I was prepared for the color variation. The primary color is listed as "red," but it is a dull burgundy that blends easily into a room. There is no gold in the rug: the border is a sage green and beige mix, with some grey/blue in the design as well. It does shed, a little more than my other wool rugs which are higher traffic areas.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is dramatically different
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Rug is thick and of good quality for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine.
This rug is beautiful. I read the other reviews saying that the colors weren't nearly as vibrant as the main photo shows, so they match almost perfectly with my dining room. However, I chose this rug because others that I liked said that they shed quite a bit. Well this one certainly does too. Luckily this is in a room that we rarely use, but I wish I would've known that it does shed quite a bit. I have mixed feelings about this rug.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The main photo makes it look much brighter, but the alternate photo is more accurate.
This rug is of very good quality but it is NOT the same vibrant colors that you see on the screen. I would have given it a 5 otherwise. The yellow is not bright as i had hoped. I wanted the colors to match my sofas but the red is more of a burnt rust color.
Bought the rug to match an 8' square rug purchased a couple of years ago. The consistency in quality, color, and pattern is amazing. Would recommend this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close to site. It is a rust/beige combination as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Site always has a complete description of the product.
I just love this rug. It's extremely soft and plush and the color is gorgeous! What a value for the price!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? wonderful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is very plush and soft! The whole family just loves it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
The construction, thickness, pile on the rug are all very good. Just not what the picture shows. Not what the name describes. The actual rug is not a rich red and it has no gold color, more of a greenish tan. The picture shows a vibrant and sharp pattern with the red and gold contrasting, the actual pattern is much more muted and less sharp. So good rug, not what is shown.
The rug is actually pretty good quality. It's nice and thick. I thought the color would be more shiny golden like the picture but it's actually more like a dull burnt yellow. I'm really disappointed with the color. If you don't mind the color, then I recommend this product. It feels quite nice on your feet and brings warmth to the room. Just don't expect the color to be glowing like in the picture.
The rug looks even better than it does online. The colors are a deep rust and golden color. The quality can't be beat and the price is to die for, The only problem I've had with it is that I can't keep my cats off of it, They love it to.