I bought this in the 6' x 9' size. I also found the colors to be true to the description/photo. The burgundy border and panels have a cool pinkish undertone, so if your decor is in the warm reds family, this might not be the rug for you. This was a problem for me. I bought it for my dining rm, but had to put it in a bedroom due to clashing of the pinkish burgundy rug and the reds in my lvg rm/dng rm combo. Overall, the rug is beautiful. The colors are more vibrant than displayed, and it came quickly and in perfect condition.
This rug is great value and the quality is nice however, I was hoping that the colors would be closer to how it looks online and it's much more muted than it appears. In addition, the picture shown for the 5x8 is misleading as the actual rug is only wide enough to show two of the diamonds in the pattern and because it's the middle section, the rug looks much lighter than you would expect from the picture shown.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More muted than it looks online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the rug is nice but the colors aren't as vivid as they appear online.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Color was misleading
The rug I received had a larger diamond pattern than what is shown in the picture. There were less diamonds, so it was less intricate. Also, the rug could not be returned. I bought it for a large living room, but I ended up putting it in a smaller office, and it looks nice there. The rug sheds a lot, so be ready to vacuum it frequently.
This is a gorgeous rug! It took me days of searching and deciding to wait and finally this one popped up and I decided to take a chance on the colors-so glad I did! I was a little apprehensive because colors are sometimes deceiving on the computer monitor, but this one is a great match, maybe a little more of the red than I expected which is actually a great plus and a little brighter which is also a good thing. It is thick and plush and yes it sheds like all my wool rugs, but it will stop after a month or so. Wool rugs are so worth the shedding problem in the first few weeks or months. My only problem is I want more for another room, but I just bought all new wool rugs within the last year and really can't justify buying more! This is a great rug, I absolutely am glad I decided to go with it. Arrived quickly and well packed as all my rugs from Overstock have. Thanks Overstock for another happy purchase.
I bought a runner for my hall, then I ordered a square one for my foyer and ended up buying another one for my living room. Now I am tempted to get one for my dining room. The description is incorrect though, as it says the border is peach. Not even close to peach, it's a dark wine red/ cranberry.
Overall I was satisfied with the rug. However I am luckily I have a large covered back porch because I had to leave it outside for five days to get the nasty smell out. I put it outside for a day and it still smelled. Then I put it outside for another day and it still smelled. Finally I put it outside for two more days rolled over so the bottom would air out. It seems the smell has gone away.
I would recommend this rug to anyone. The colors are rich and beautiful. The texture is exactly what we wanted. It's great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the site was pretty accurate except the red is more cranberry than a true red.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. We are very happy with the rug. It feels great under foot. We ended up changing the room in which it is used because the red is really a cranberry. Otherwise it is exactly what we wanted.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on the mark.
This is a beautiful rug. We have it in our livingroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the blue is lighter than in the picture, but fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good