They looked thick and soft in the beginning but now look threadbare.They are still shedding.Not happy with my purchase of the 3x5's and the runner.In contrast the oval one I bought for my son's room is still thick and soft.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is lighter than the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. They looked thick and soft in the beginning but now look threadbare.Not happy with my purchase of the 3x5 and the runner.In contrast the oval one I bought for my son's room is still thick and soft.
SHEDS LIKE THREE ST. BERNARDS !!! This rug is beautiful and plush and matches many decors -- if you can get over the fact that you will be vacuuming EVERY day to clean up all the loose bits that it sheds. If you place it in a room that gets zero foot traffic, it should be fine. But in a hallway or before a door--forget it. . . I bought 3 of these. I feel like a dope.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual color is more muted
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Okay for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
I purchased this rug based on the reviews done by other buyers. Yes, the colors are much more muted so don't be surprised if the rug that you purchased doesn't look like the one in the picture... The contrast of the image makes it much more bold in colors but in reality is much more toned down. Overall the quality and the look of this rug is great, looks amazing in my apartment so I'm very happy with my purchase.
I had to go back to the web site, because the rug I received didn't look anything like the one I thought I had ordered! It was indeed the rug I had ordered however the colors in the photo and the colors of the actual rug are very different! The rug is much paler, the colors are washed out looking and the greens much more prominent than the red tones. In fact on the inside border I would not call the color red at all but a sort of pale orange. In a lot of doctoring had to have been done to that photograph to make it look red!. I am very disappointed although the quality of the rug seems decent, it isn't going to do what I wanted it to do at all. It still coordinates with the room, but does not play up the tones I bought it to work with. I do need a rug in that place and this will do for now, but I will not be buying further rugs from overstock.com since the colors are not true to the photographs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Much paler and more washed out. Red was actually a pale orange.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Rug seems well made and feels nice on our feet
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Of the overall product the description was okay, but the color difference was extreme and disappointing!
This little rug is absolutely beautiful. The colors were perfect. I am very pleased with this purchase. I am hoping to find a larger one that I can purchase for another room. I could not be happier. The shipping was really fast. I have always been satisfied with my Overstock purchases and will continue to check in with them for future purchases.
I bought 5 of these rugs in different room sizes and at first I was very pleased with the quality and the colors of them. But I have had these rugs for about 5 months now and I have never experienced rugs that shed as much as these do. Every time I vacuum these rugs I have to empty my vacuum cleaner at least 3x for each rug. I am worried that in time these rugs will have shed so much that there won't be much of a rug left. I am very sorry that I bought these and if I had known this, I would not have chosen this particular rug. I would never recommend this rug to a friend.
I purchased two of these rugs for our bedroom, which has a travertine floor. The rugs are very thick and feel great underfoot. After receiving them, I placed them outside for a couple of hours in order to let them "breathe" (there was a bit of a chemical smell). The label says that they were crafted without child labor, which is reassuring. This was a great purchase.
I started out 4 years ago with 1 medium and 2 small rugs in this same style and pattern for a bedroom. Then ordered 2 more for an adjacent study for a unified look. All match perfectly, and the fact that the 4-year-old rugs look the same as the brand new ones speaks well to the durability and quality. When brand new, they will shed some fuzz, but not for long.
I do very much like this rug, which I purchased about 1.5 years ago. However, it is still shedding quite a bit, and this is a significant downside. I think this is likely to do with the quality of the wool used in making it. Sheep, when they have a tough year, will have weak areas in the wool fibers. This is called a "break" in the wool, and leads to pilling and shedding in garments and rugs. Other than that, I love the style and rug.
After purchasing two other rugs of this type, I purchased this one for my guest bath. The colors are perfect for the room. These rugs are very high quality -- thick, nice weave yet plush and the colors are as show in the photos. I have had one of these rugs for five or more years and it looks as good as it did the day it arrived. I did not hesitate to purchase two more.
So you pay shipping, the rug still is nearly free! I am using as an entry rug, this is absolutely a great addition that brightens the space as well. If you like the color offered and size, just order- you will not be disappointed the quality is actually how others reviewers have commented. I would buy again and again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just as I had pictured it
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
These are grew rugs for the money. The colors are exactly as shown. They make a beautiful addition to my home.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. better than advertised
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
This is a great rug for the price - it's nice and thick in height, could stand to be a little thicker in depth (number of yarns per inch), but I really like it and is holding up well as my entry way rug. No complaints. Some reviewers said it smelled really bad, but I didn't notice a bad smell at all, and I'm really, really sensitive to chemical odors. I think the smell they may be referring to is just the normal smell of wool, which even then, I didn't really even notice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty much the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate