In the image posted the colors are very muted. The blue is much brighter - I would say it looks more like "Sea of Atlantis" in the web deck color wheel on the Miller Paint website. The red mentioned in the ad is more like a "rust" color like "Sun's Rage" at Miller Paint color wheel too. It's hard to buy rugs on line without really seeing the colors - hope this helps. This rug is heavy and thick. It should last a long time. :)
I bought this rug for the master bath. We have a color scheme in the bedroom that is mossy green and brown so this fit right in. Our floors are NOT heated so this thick rug really cozied things up. The blue in this rug can go greenish or bluish depending on what you put it with. I'm very happy with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
It's a nice quality rug for the price. It's very heavy, I can't move it by myself. While the colors are true to the picture, they are all darker than they appear in the pictures. I've also found this to be true when shopping for rugs hanging in a store, they look darker on the floor. I prefer the lighter colors as pictured, unfortunately, but hope to still use the rug in a bedroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? actual rug is quite a bit darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. VERY heavy (60 pounds)
This rug is probably the most beautiful and plush rug I have ever purchased. Price was excellent. I plan on ordering several more rugs from o.com for my kitchen and dining room. You will not be disappointed if you purchase this item. Be sure to order their rug pad for under your rug. Makes the rug even more plush!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to color shown. Even more beautiful when received!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Quality and more beautiful than picture!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Good
There is more blue in the rug than is apparent from the online photo, but it still works well for me. The rug is plush and the wool is very comfortable. (I have placed a felt carpet pad under the rug, as is recommended.) I am delighted with this rug.
I am writing this review in 2014, but I bought this rug 4 years ago...and honestly, it STILL smells strongly like - well, I don't know what it is really, but I think it's rubber. It's intense and unpleasant, especially when it's warm out. Looks-wise it's fine, but the strange smell just never went away. I use a Dyson vacuum and have tried all sorts of sprinkle-on fresheners and Fabreeze and who knows what else. Just fair warning. It's not the best.
Love this rug! Very thick, feels more expensive than it is. I am pleased with the colors. They look like what was pictured on the site. Lovely neutral tones work perfectly in our family room. I would recommend this rug to friends for sure.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I thought the color matched matched very well.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall quality is excellent. The rug sheds a little at first and requires a bit of vaccuming, but after a week or two it's fine.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
It is thick and beautiful. Much prettier than the picture. The colors are darker than the picture but I love the colors. I got the scalloped rug. It is going under my dining room table. It was a very good buy since I got it on black Friday.
Great rug of good quality wool. Hardly shed at all. Only problem is the colors do not look like the photo. The brown is very dark and the blue is the same. Really did not match the rest of my decor. It kept it anyway. Change the photo and your customers will thank you for it.
I only wish this was in stock in a bigger size- I had to settle for the last round one for my entry, but I am still pleased with the quality and the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the blue is a light french blue -nice and the brown goes well.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. looks like it costs more than I paid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good