Bought this runner to match the rug... love the rug and love the runner. It tends to shed but vacuums easily... I typically like bright colors and this product is rather subtle so I have had to get used to it. Pictures are pretty true to color and the design is very pleasing. The pile is generous - and does well without a pad. Spots of off white in the runner coordinate beautifully with my (off) white couch... The price is absolutely incredible!! Very glad I purchased this runner - I bought a second one for a longer hall.
I was looking for a hallway runner that could withstand traffic coming from the outside. This runner was the right choice. From its beautiful design, to its heavy, thick wool, this rug is a lovely addition to my hall, ... and well worth the price! Regarding color, I read other reviews stating that the background color was much darker than the color shown on the monitor. I found this true. The much darker grey/blue was a plus for me. Actually, I bought the rug hoping that it was darker to hide dirt that could be tracked in from the outside. The oriental design is lovely and I'm extremely pleased. P.S. The delivery was VERY fast.
After looking for days at various traditional area rugs and runners, I found an 8 x10 Handmade Heritage Blue/ Brown rug that looked perfect and the price was reasonable. I also wanted a runner, so decided to order that to be sure the color and pattern would match the room. Most of the coloring was exactly what I was expecting, but I was very disappointed to find that there was quite a bit of a copper/orange color, where in the picture it looked much more rose (and was described as rose).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not close enough - the color that was described as rose, was more of a copper/orange.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful rug, I was sorry to have to return it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good, except for some of the color.
I love Overstock for their consisten good customer service and value. This rug wasn't qutie4 as pretty asw I hoped it would be. If you are going to order just be aware that blues, especially are darker than pictured and the lighter parts in the picture, that they probably played up because of the contrast, are not as light.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are darker than in the picture. Also the details in the picture depict much brighter rusts against a lighter backround and that 's not how it comes.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is about what I expected, a good value
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Again, the color is not quite right, it is not as pretty in reality.
I gave this rug a 4 instead of 5 star because the color was much darker than portrayed on the internet. I had read other reviews that stated this so I was prepared- even though I was hoping it would come in the lighter shade. It is very thick and comfy to walk on- good quality. Would buy again.