Nice quality and plush pile. Style and color made us decide to put it in a different room than originally intended, but we are pleased with the look and feel of this rug. Excellent value for the price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Wide border is darker than shown, close to black/brown, more greens than shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, plush pile
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty good
The rug is very well constructed, thick and soft. It doesn't really need a no-slip pad, but I know that it will wear better if I get one. We have forest green woodwork in that library room and the color of the rug is a perfect accent for it. The brown in the rug exactly matches the oak floor. The house is a 110 year Victorian and the carpet is perfect for it. At the last family dinner we held there, all the children gathered right there on that carpet to play their games and hear stories.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is as represented. I needed a soft blue/green and it is perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I love the rug! It is beautiful. We don't wear shoes in our house, so every time I walk on the rug I feel little stones or pebbles under my feet. I thought these would vacuum out easily, but they do not. The rug sheds quite a bit (as I expected it would), so I vacuum it 1-2 times each day. After a few weeks I sill feel the pebbles everywhere in the rug. Like I said, the rug is beautiful and the colors are perfect. It just doesn't feel good. Perhaps with time the problem will go away.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are perfect! Couldn't be happier!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It feels like there are tiny rocks in the rug when you walk on it. I would not have purchased had I known this
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine
The previous reviews for this rug were spot on. There were no surprises when it made a timely arrival except the weight of the rug was more than we expected. The UPS man graciously carried it inside our house. My husband and I are active geezers! The rug feels nice and thick. We are very pleased with this purchase. We have not experienced a rug shedding problem.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actually the product colors are more subdued. The blue is a wedgewood blue and the brown more a like a tootsie roll color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. We own some other hand-knotted Persian rugs and this rug seems as durable as those expensive rugs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I just unwrapped the rug and was so disappointed to see that the rug is mainly green and brown! One reviewer had said theirs had been a deep teal, and that would have been fine, but this is so obviously green that it should be advertised under green rugs, not blue. The quality is wonderful, I'd love to keep it, but I would have to repaint the room. Mercifully, Overstock will take the rug back, but the return label is over $$ dollars, so folks, be very careful about this choice! This rug is perfect for brown sofas with cream to light green walls and oak floors.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent product that is mis-advertised. This should be advertised under green rugs!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate color-wise and does not match the picture!
I absolutely love this rug. I am not sure I could have found one that complimented my room and decor any better. I hit a homerun when I purchased this rug! This rug is a very good value for the money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the website is a bit more vibrant looking than the actual rug itsself. However, this rug worked perfectly for my room!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. !!!The rug is nice and thick and feels nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description on the website is very thorough and accurate.
I'm pleased with the weight and density of the yarns--it feels luxurious underfoot. The 8 X 11 weighed 90 pounds! I'm pleased that there isn't any fringe on this--it has a cleaner look that way. I haven't had it for very long so can't comment on others' note regarding shedding. I haven't noticed that as an issue yet. It looks rich and gorgeous and I'm delighted with the quality and price. It's an unusual color between green and blue--like a dark aqua. Very pretty. The browns and tans are a great accent and there are a few hints of dark pink for depth of pattern.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close--good representation
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It seems excellent. I haven't had it long, so can't comment on it's long term wear. It's very dense and thick, with beautiful colors.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I bought 3 rugs made by Safavieh, including the mahal blue and nir blue. To my eye, the colors in all are the same- only different patterns. The brown border on this rug is a bit wider than expected from looking at the on-line photo, which isn't an issue for us. The rugs are nicely made and thick. We've experienced shedding, but that's apparently common with wool rugs and was expected. We've received many compliments about the rugs and inquiries as to where we purchased them. I would buy them again and have recommend them to others.
This rug is exactly how it appeared online. It was exactly what I expected. I wanted to change the rug in my dining room. My home has pretty high end stuff but i didn't want to spend a lot of money on a rug this time. It's a very nice rug at a very good price.
Wanted a rug with teal and brown. Saw this one and read comments about the colors. Blue is more of a dusty teal color which works for me. Family room has dark brown couches with warm tan colored walls. I use blue, teal as my accent colors. Rug is perfect! Soft to the touch with a thick feel to it. Also bought the hall runner to match. Really happy with overstock!
This rug is stunning in our living room. The colors are exquisite, but not as teal as depicted in the online photos, which is fine by me. I bought it anyway and I do not regret it one bit. You cannot find rugs this quality for this affordable of a price anywhere else. Trust me, I have done the leg work!!
I am referencing the Heritage Blue/Brown wool rug. We love the rug. Colors were true to picture, Very thick and Great price. No shedding and it lays beautifully. We would not have such a large area rug of this quality were it not for the great prices.
I think the color is very close to the image online. It is a bit more green blue than marine blue. It works in the Living room that I chose to have as the centerpiece. However, I have not owned a wool rug, so I don't know if this is normal, but when vacuuming the rug, it sheds a large amount of fibers, almost so much I worry I will loose the plushness of the rug. Another strange thing I encountered are hard threads here and there, it feels like there is a piece of hard plastic under foot and when you go to inspect, it is with in the base of the carpet, not so comfortable in a few spots. I think I will have to move rug around to avoid this. I always chose polypropylene rugs due to their easy care nature and long term durability. I paid $*** for it, so hoping it will last just as long as my last rug. It is beautiful in the room.