Love this rug! It's quite plush. Haven't had any problems with shedding yet (I've had the rug a couple weeks now). One thing I should mention though, is that the actual background color blocks are more muted and less vibrant than in the picture. In real life, the floral pattern is more dominant than than I expected from the photo. That said, it is still beautiful and I am so pleased with my purchase!
I was surprised by how thick this rug is, which is great, because the thickness helps to hide one particular blemish. When I walk on the rug barefoot, I can feel tiny hard lumps underneath my toes. When I dig into the pile to find out what they are, I find these hard, brittle white blobs down on the bottom of the rug. Mostly around the size of... uncooked Israsli couscous. I can break the lumps off from the bottom of the rug with my fingernails, and sometimes a little wool comes with it. I smooth the surrounding wool over to cover the tiny little bare spot, and the rug looks unblemished. Is this white stuff adhesive? It reminds me of dried joint compound, for any of you home renovators out there. Once in awhile I sit on the rug to see how many of these things I can dig out. Would probably take several months to a year until they are all gone, because they are everywhere -- every few square inches. So, the rug looks nice, if you don't get too close to it, and I got it for a good price -- but I guess you get what you pay for. These hard white things are not something you would find paying more than discount prices.
The picture must be for a bigger size rug because the center pattern is much larger than I anticipated. The picture shows that there are about four shapes across the middle area but the actual carpet only has about 3 shapes. This is a disappointment for me because I don't like large pattern. I had thought that the border would be some kind of deep burnt orange. Although it is not neon orange but it is orange. The charcoal color is just as I expected as well as the maroon red outline. Overall for the quality, it is the best price I could find. It seems like it will hold up an everyday use without having to worry about spills and stains. The wool sheds like crazy but I hope it will stop soon.
Product arrived. I unrolled it, and walked on it. I immediately noticed that one edge felt hard and uncomfortable as if a thick cable of some kind was under the rug. On examination a heavy line of crumbling plaster-like substance ran just below the surface of the rug along that edge. The process for returning an eight foot long rug is a giant hassle. Not impressed as first time purchaser from Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More Vibrarnt
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Bad. There's was a plaster-like substance gummed alongside one edge forming a hard ridge.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat accurate.
Great product. First purchase on O. I originally purchased 4 rugs from the Bakhtiari family. I was very happy to be so pleasantly surprised by the quality for the price. Also, it turns out I measured wrong on one rug and needed to return it. So first purchase also included first return. The rugs..handmade/wool for these prices..can't be beat it. The return was painless. Lastly, I had never bought anything on O before and never really considered it. This changed my mind.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close enough where I can't complain
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice. Very plush.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Love this rug! It really pulls the room together! No "new rug smell" or "shedding that I've noticed. Just love, love, love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Real rug is much more vibrant
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thickly piled and beautiful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Ok, but if you are looking for subdued colors like in the picture you might be disappointed
Based on the reviews, and previous experience with Overstock, I was pretty sure I would not be disappointed. But this rug far exceeds my hopes. The size was perfect- an exact 5x8. The double layer of plastic wrapping kept it clean during delivery. There was zero odor when we unwrapped it. Also no stray threads- and it doesn't appear as though it is going to shed- or if so, it seems it might be minimal. I had some leeway when it came to color matching, so if the colors were brighter or darker, or the colors a shade or two off from the image on the monitor it really wasn't going to be an issue. I guess if you had to match another item exactly then buying a rug online might not work out. All I can say is the colors on this rug were pretty true to what the monitor showed, they seem really saturated, rich and vibrant without being harsh. The texture is soft and welcoming, very nice feel underfoot. It just looks great. This one is in an alcove at a dormer window. We also purchased a larger rug (for the main part of the bedroom) that had the same name/description, but I could see online the pattern and colors are different. I was unsure how they would look in the same room, but took a chance. Shouldn't have worried; they complement each other well in the set up of the bedroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors and pattern matched quite well.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems well made, and was carefully wrapped
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Quite accurate description; rug is nicer than I had hoped.
I bought this rug as a companion to another oriental style rug I had purchased from overstock for my family room...both rugs blended so well, they were not identical but both shared the same colors...the red in this rug was a rusty red, which was a good thing...the other rug had a bit more dark red so they complimented one another and both had an "aged" look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? being oriental style expected some difference from picture...it was so nice, I was pleasantly surprised
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice quality...heavy and rolled flat right away
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? colors were oriental in nature and had a very nice combination of colors
I absolutely love it it's exactly as I hoped the color is beautiful the craftsmanship is wonderful and I highly recommend it to anyone
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
I loved this rug so much that I ordered another one in a smaller size for the entry!! Wish that I had another place to use one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. thick and good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very acurate
Very happy with this purchase!! Colors were not as defined as I thought but is perfect for the room we put it in. Would recommend this to anyone!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was not as bright as I expected it but colors are nice!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well crafted, does not shed too much, and nice thickness.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Love the bold colors of this rug! Definitely more burgundy around the outside border (NOT red) but I love the burnt orange, sky blue, teals, & golds. I bought both the 5 x 7, & matching 20' long runner to protect our hardwood floors from the racetrack our crazy 2 dogs have created. We use the 5 x 7 by our outdoor sliders, and it is perfect at hiding the dirt & dust the dogs drag in. We've had it about 6 months, and the wool is still shedding a bit (like a fluffy, fine steel wool kind of shedding), but that may be because of how fast the dogs race across it. Definitely worth the buy, especially in multiple sizes. The texture of the wool still looks fabulous- probably better than my *** rugs. Looks brand new after vacumning.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Red is really burgundy
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. really nice!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
When I took this rug out of the bag, it had a very strong fishy smell! Nasty! I did not want to go through the trouble of returning it since it didn't cost much, so I took it in the backyard and hit it with Febreze once a day for about a week. The Febreze and time outside did the trick on the smell, so I brought it in, and it is a nice enough rug. I have had it for about 2 years and it is holding up well (the smell has not returned). Arrived quickly and looked as I expected. I would have given this rug a higher rating if it did not arrive so stinky.