I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this rug . . . the pile is very dense, the colors deep and saturated and the price was a bargain! Be advised the "brown" border of this rug looks dark plum in some lighting conditions and plummy-brown at different times of day. The red is a dark brick red and very clear and the accents of soft blue-gray work well together. This rug weighs about 90 lbs and is much easier to manage with two people. I also purchased the premium rug pad to protect my wood floors. I highly recommend this rug ~ I am very satisfied with this purchase.
The first rug I received had a few pulls in it and the smell was overwhelming! We opened the windows and still couldn't handle it. I called Overstock and they sent a replacement rug out right away. The new rug arrived quickly and was almost perfect. It had a slight odor, which I expect from a wool rug, but it had no smell after a few days. There was one small spot where the dye didn't take as well, but not very noticeable and I don't mind at all. This rug is absolutely beautiful and the price is amazing! The colors are exactly as stated and as others have said, the border is a raisin brown color. I've been looking for a rug for 7 months and finally found one that works with my current colors and design, but it doesn't box me in from changing things up when it's time. I love it!
Like I said, it was ok it lasted. I just don't think the quality was on par with other rugs I have ordered from Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More plum than brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's okay. I lived with it for awhile. It shed and the dogs pulled up yarns. Not the highest quality. Fuzzies everywhere....forever. Not happy. Was glad to see it go when I replaced it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
Bought it because of how its pictured. As stated above, border is more brown than vibrant red as pictured. All in all, still happy with the rug & would not hesitate to buy again!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? In the picture the border is a vibrant "red" even though the text describes it as "brown", in reality the border is a muddy brown. Disappointed but still happy with the rug.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Soft with not much pilling.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? See above
This rug is lovely, thick pile and nice design. There is more brown than red, the red is more of a maroon than a bright red, I was looking for a brighter red, but it will do to complement the furniture already in the space. It is used with the supreme felt rug pad (also Overstock), and the rug has a nice plush, thick surface to sit on. I use it in my family room, so there will be people sitting on floor pillows on the rug as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fairly accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The brown is indeed more plumy or raisin colored. The blue is so subtle and blended with olive around it that is almost looks silvery looking at first glance. The ivory is really a soft golden wheat color or light tan. The red is a dark brick. I already had the 14' runner in this so I knew what to expect. I got this to go in my dining room that is painted brown with golden soffits and cream colored trim with medium oak floors. It looks is stellar! Yes, it will shed and need vacuuming often but it will eventurally stop shedding. This is typical of hand tufted rugs, but hey, you save hundreds to thousands over hand knotted rugs. The size of mine is 1 inch shy of 9' and 1 inch shy of 12' so pretty much right on dimension wise. If you think you like this get it! I have seen this same carpet in a well known national department store for way more than doulbe the Overstock price. Oh, and it is made by Safaveih, so you can't go wrong.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close, and as other reviewers noted, the middle picture is a little more accurate, albeit darker. The color is a bit warmer than the middle pic.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent for a hand tufted rug, thick and dense and great colors.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
This rug is beautiful. My only problem was the pilling. I do not know whether that is normal for new rugs or not. I have ordered numerous rugs and items from Overstock and this is the only return. I can say that Overstock does not hassel at all on returns. It was not a bad experience in returning this item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I am not an expert in judging rugs. This one seemed to be really well made; however, began to pill. I did not think it was supposed to do that since it was hand tied.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description other than questioning whether it was actually handtied
I bought this rug for my dining room. I am a designer and wanted a great rug at a great price. The quality of the rug and the colors are beautiful. The rug came to my house securely packaged and in just a few days after ordering. I am very pleased with my second rug purchase. I would highly recommend this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I relied on customer feedback. They were spot on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality. Does not shed very much for a wool rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Giid
I ordered this rug for our bedroom, but when it came it was so great that I decided to swap it for our livingroom rug and use that one for the bedroom. I would say the color is more tan than ivory with accents of plum, burgandy/red, sage green and light golden brown. The price was great for the size of the rug and it was delivered ups in less than a week. I haven't noticed huge shedding, but the rug is very thick and heavy.
I love my new rug! I received it in 5 days. The colors are lovely with my brown leather furniture. I was a bit worried about the colors being "off" after reading some of the reviews, but I found the colors to be true to the rug photos. I also purchased a pad from Overstock. This makes the rug feel wonderful under the feet! Great quality! Very pleased!
My carpet just arrived today. THis is my third room size carpet from Overstock and my favorite so far. ( I have been very happy with all of them) The colors are just beautiful, thanks to the reviewers for acuartely describing the colors it has a golden beige hue with a plummy brown border and deep burgundy accents. Its in our home office on cherry floors and cherry furniture a beige couch and looks really beautiful with my wall color ( sherwin williams compatible cream) Couldnt be happier...( and it was on sale when I bought it last week)
The day our rug arrived was cloudy and threatening rain so I was very concerned. Although it didn't rain, the rug would not have been damaged as your shipping and packaging folks did an excellent job preparing this rug for shipment. Arriving in perfect condition, the rug is top quality and exactly as pictured. The subtle blues, while not showing very well in the photos, provided a pleasant little surprise for my wife. I, and most importantly, my wife, are very pleased with this purchase and recommend O.com all the time.
This rug is absolutely gorgeous! It arrived quickly and in very good shape. It looks so much nicer than other rugs in this price range. I will agree that the brown does look a little like plum in some lights but it still looks marvelous with various brown furniture and accent pieces. Highly recommend!
This rug is wonderful! It goes perfect with my brown leather furniture and it incorporates beautiful blue, green, and rusty red accents. I am amazed with the fine quality, it is sturdy, and I don't need a rug pad!! Get this rug!! You won't find a better deal out there!!! Oh, it also only took 3 days to get in the mail!!
We ordered this rug because it was exactly what we were looking for both in size, color, and we thought the sale price was exceptional. The rug arrived in excellent condition and had no smell to it at all. It is of good quality, soft, thick, colorful and very nice. We will thoroughly enjoy it! Thank You!