I love this rug! I was nervous about ordering a rug online because of color deception but I was very pleased. I have dark hard wood floors, darker sofas and deep brown window treatments so I wanted something to to lighten up the room and it was a great choice you won't be dissapointed! Is lighter though than photo and not as green colored.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was lighter than pictured still rich in color but not as green as appears.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug has been shedding since recieved but thats to be expected in all new wool rugs. The shedding will eventually stop and its not too bad.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The reviews and description were great
I did not want to spend a lot of money on a wool rug for a room we seldom use but is located in the front of the house. This rug was just what I was looking for......great quality, beautiful colors (light gold middle w/medium olive border, pretty true to picture) and of course great price! Can't beat O's shipping...it arrived in two days. I plan on purchasing more rugs for other areas of the house. I was afraid to buy online but glad I took the plunge.
I was a little nervous about ordering a rug online, but I'm glad I did. The Handspun Wool Rug is beautiful! Colors and design are the same as the online pic. The rug is really well made and we did not have to use a rug pad to keep it in place. I originally bought it for our TV room, but it could work just as easily in our not-so-formal living room. Will be purchasing another rug from Overstock in the next few weeks.
This rug is a great value for the money. If it was a little less expensive, I would have rated it a 5 all-around. A few things to keep in mind: If you are truly looking for an "ivory" rug, this is not ivory. It is a warm gold with rich earth-tones as described by other reviewers. I was thinking it would be a little lighter in tone all around, but it is still beautiful and fits the room nicely. In fact, looks almost exactly like a rug we just bought at ******* **** for 2-3 times the price. The wool fibers aren't quite as dense as that rug, but I think it will work out beautifully. Definitely looks better than the online photo, less yellow, but NOT ivory.
This rug is absolutely perfect. I like it so much, that I ordered the matching runner. The colors are rich and elegant. My cats love it, so it must be great. I had ordered a rug from overstock a few years ago and was very satisfied with the quality. This is why I did not hesitate to order this rug, and it did not disappoint.
Like the rug, colors are very muted and not true to the picture on the web site. It is a nice rug but unless it is the only thing in the room nobody is going to notice it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors on the rug are more muted that what is shown on the website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality appears to be good, this is a thick carpet
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Dimensions are correct as well as general description
I am disappointed with this rug, the design is bland and it was not well represented on the the screen. I wish the pictures had more zooming capability. The colors are what i was looking for, but the overall feeling of the carpet is bland.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not as rich
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Very happy with my rug! The colors are more muted than in the photo, but still in th e same families as stated. The rug is soft and looks great! A wide range of greens, some teal, gold and corals make this rug very versatile!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors are more muted than in photo. Outer border has more gold than shown. The rug has more corals than wine reds as shown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice. Sheds a lot, but that is common.
I love this rug. The colors are beautiful. The colors are in the range of vegetable dyes used in authentic tribal rugs. My dog is sad that the rug has no fringe for her to wipe her mouth on..I am thrilled! If you want the "tribal art rug" look, at a fraction of the price, this is the rug for you. I bought one of the small 2x3 rugs first to see about the smell and shedding you read about in the reviews, both go away. I have bought this 8x10 rug and a 9x12 rug. The rugs are in my great room and they are stunning. There are some fibers that stick up and need to be clipped off (NEVER PULL, just cut), this too, lessens. The pattern is so much more interesting in person than in the photo on line. I spent a great deal of time deciding to buy something this big without actually seeing it, I am very happy I bought this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Slightly different
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Lovely wool, beautiful design. It has shed, as others have mentioned, but it is 6 weeks old and I have not found it to be a problem any longer. It did have a smell for the first week. I love the pattern, colors, and style, it looks like some much more expensive rugs I seen. nsive rugs
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
This is a beautiful rug. I debated quite a while before ordering because I was concerned about so much gold. There is gold in the rug, but the primary color in the middle is ivory. The green is a subtle sage green.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The center is less gold and more ivory, green is more subtle.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate
It's a very nice rug at a good price. Once I finish my hardwood installation this thing will be awesome (right now the rug is on bare concrete in my living room!)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good, Overstock could use better resolution pics
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality, I'll be buying more rugs of different color patterns form these guys
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Wanted for our living room that gets a lot of traffic from people and pets. Darker ivory and mixed colors perfect for hiding incidental stains. Looks and feels much more expensive than it was. First purchase from Overstock...great experience!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes. Its always hard to tell on the monitor, and I hoped for more Ivory and less gold, which is exactly what I got
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality...very thick
BEAUTIFUL RUG! - so sorry you missed out as I bought the last one! But if there are other rugs from this manufacturer you will not be disapointed! And Overstock? Great service, delivery, order details and tracking....absolutely no complaints!
Carpet has nice muted colors, looks pretty much like in the pictures. Pile is so-so dense and a few spots look like they may become loose in the future. Not so much shedding but the vacuum cleaner does feel up every time I vacuum it. But I was aware of this from reading all the other reviews. Overall, the carpet blends so much with everything else in the living room, that some times I forget its there.
Great quality for the price. Color shown is true, except the actual green of the rug is a softer, silvery color. Looks fabulous on my walnut-stained floors and with brown leather furniture! Thick nap, some shedding, but it is wool so that's expected. It is even prettier than the photo, and the soft coloring lends itself to all kinds of decorating styles. And of course, Overstock' super-fast delivery. Couldn't be more pleased.
Of course ......this rug came very fast.....and it is a very nice rug...everyone likes it......the colors do not overwhelm you.....mostly ivory with gold and splashes of red and an olive color that inspired me to get a coverlet in similar color ....having chosen it for my bedroom. I was not disappointed.....
I received this rug in only two days. I was very surprised and pleased at the quality of the rug. It's thick, soft and dense under foot. Much nicer than I expected. The red and gold/beige tones are more prominent in person than pictured. Unbelievable price for such a nice rug!