Having read previous reviews I was hesitant to order , shouldn't have worried the quality of this rug is far better than I expected , used in the family room and looks great. I have looked for the right rug for months this is the one and 50% less than what I had budgeted
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Reasonable colors against pictures , Olive green and brown/rust
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Only had it a couple of days , seems very high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This is the second rug I have purchased from Overstock. I was really happy because it was even less expensive and larger than the last one I bought. It came very quickly, actually TOO quickly, since I was out of town and had to have my neighbor put it in my house for me after it was delivered. It feels great and is nice and thick. The color is definitely rust and would not look good with a red or burgundy sofa. My sofa is red-ish rust and so it looks great. The green is a pretty olive/sage. It sheds a bit, but, hey, it's a wool rug! Either that or it's my two large dogs shedding....anyway, I love it!!
The color on website is overall dominant golden yellow but the product received has green as dominant color so product does not match website pictures. There are some areas where carpet does not lie flat, bubbles and bumps possibly due to stretching during shipping. I am waiting to see if these will straighten itself out after lying flat for a while.
To be honest I was very apprehensive about placing an order based on the reviews of other people. I choose this rug in particular because it had the least amount of negative reviews and it was reported that the colors were quite accurate based on the description. We are most pleased with the rug and plan to shop Overstock again when the need arises/
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As other people have reported the gold is not as prominent as it appears in photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality seems excellent, no shedding, a little new rug odor but nothing offensive.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I had looked for months on-line and in stores for a rug for my living room. I read the other reviews and decided to try overstock because of the shipping price. The rug arrived in a timely manner. It was very heavy, about 100lbs. The colors went perfect with my living room. It does shed alot at first like all wool rugs. It was easy to clean when my girls spilled something on it. I would recommend this rug for the quality and price. The price was great for this type of rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color matches what you see on screen. It's dark green with rust and lots of gold.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality. Does shed alot at first like all wool rugs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate. The measurements made it easy to see if the rug would fit in my living room.
The colors of this rug are a washed out olive green (borderline sage green) and washed out rust color so as long as you know that and like those colors, the thickness of the pile and minimal shedding should impress. This is too large a rug to return so we have had to move it to a different room than the one we ordered it for, otherwise it would be rolled up in the garage because it just doesn't match.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Poorly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This rug is a good buy for the quality construction, thickness of the pile, etc.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? If the photo didn't show the greenish-gold tone, but showed the real color it would be fine.
This rug is not nearly as vibrant as it appears online. I expected some variation but it looks nothing like the picture. Unfortunately because of the size and weight I'm stuck with it. I can't get it out of my house. Worst $******* I've ever spent. I'm surprised at overstock.
Color and quality were as expected, given other reviews. The green is quite olive; the reddish color is definitely rust; the "gold" is more of a tan. Pattern itself is less distinct than the picture, but still attractive. Rug weighs 100 lbs in the 9'6" x 13'6". No shedding at all, no odor that we noticed.