I bought the rug in green/olive color. The colors are not accurate. The green is more of dull olive color. But it ended up working well for my room which gets tons of natural light. Love the durability and feel of it. I've had the rug for a year now (just writing the review late) and love it. I've kids and the rug gets lot of traffic. It has stood the test of time...and kids :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? dull
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. durable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? colors are not accurate
The color of this rug is totally different from the picture. The picture displays more of a reddish rust color, but in actuality the color is brown. There is no yellow at all in this rug, and with that specific shade of green, the overall look of this rug is quite drab. I do not recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. OK
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate, except for the color
This rug is ALMOST everything I wanted. It is plush and great quality, well worth the money. However, the picture does not accurately depict the colors of this rug. It is much darker and more green than pictured and that makes the design look different too. Again, I do really like the rug but it just doesn't work with the room I planned to use it in b/c of the color differences. If you ok with it being darker then order away!
Upon reading the other reviews I still felt the color issue was not going to be a concern, I'm extremely happy with this piece in our living room. The colors are as stated in the other reviews predominantly olive green, rust, and cream the colors are all muted, the quality is very plush!. There is some shedding which requires vacuuming often otherwise you'll have a lot of wool bunnies. This wool rug states it's a hand tufted wool rug versus a hand knotted wool rug, the difference being a wool tufted rug is that it's made using a crochet type needle and the pieces of wool are placed one by one into the backing, then the top is cut to provide an even/same height rug. A hand knotted is as stated, each piece is placed into the backing by hand and knotted into place which requires a higher level of skill. Hence the higher prices paid for a hand knotted wool rug. Just a bit of wool rug trivia ;)
This is a very nice quality rug. I am very pleased with the purchase. I had already read the previous reviews stating the color was not exactly as displayed so I was prepared. The reviews were extremely helpful. The rug is indeed predominately olive green in color. However, the colors are nicely muted. The rust is actually more of a cinnamon color. Ultimately, it a very nice quality rug for the money. I am pleased with the purchase.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? not really
- How is the quality of the product? very good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? no, not really
Delivery was inhumanly fast, I think I ordered it on a Friday night and it arrived Monday morning. The rug is great. Will be ordering more from Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little more brown than green, but that could be my computer screen and/or light in living room.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is incredible. The rug has been shedding but that is to be expected. It is soft and everyone comments on how nice it is when they come over. A flooring store nearby has almost the exact same ones for over $600. What a great bargain!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I found all three rugs to suit my needs in the sizes and color needed. And the price was right too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? totally
Love the rug but it is not like the picture on the computer. The edging does not have as much detail nor has the center it seems. but works well in the room. I read the reviews and had an idea of what it may look like.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? grren shows more then gold
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so far so good very thick and soft to walk on the dog loves it too
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the design is off sightly but was expecting that from reading the other reviews.
We were searching for a rug to go with our new hardwood floors and brown sectional sofa. Our walls are soft golden yellow and we accent with greens/reds/browns and this rug was perfect! The green/brown colors of the rug are more muted than the online picture. (Read other reviews, including the different sizes) With that information, we took the chance on this rug and were thrilled with the color and durable of this rug. We also have a round leather ottoman on short casters and no padding was necessary. This is the second rug we purchased from overstocks and have been quite pleased with their delivery, quality and overall satisfaction.
First, the negative: The rug is quite a bit darker than it appears in the picture. Whereas I expected rust-orange and yellow to be the predominant colors, this is actually an olive-green, almost camouflage rug. That said, this is an incredibly plush, high-quality rug -- far heavier and thicker than I expected. I bought a rubber mat to go underneath it, but trust me: you don't need one; this rug isn't going anywhere. The size is perfect -- just big enough to go underneath my sofa sectionals and coffee table. And as for looks, the pattern is lovely and goes with everything else in the room. Overall, a tremendous value.
received the rug in THREE days. immediately noticed the coloring was exactly as other reviews had stated: colors were muted, more rust than burgundy; more yellowish sage than blue-green sage. Because I had read all available reviews, I KNEW this was the rug for me. It is cushy, soft and perfect in my dining room. It has already proven cleanable with my first juice spill as well :) Only knocked it one star down because the coloring IS different from the picture, but read reviews and you will receive a perfect picture of this rug!!!
This rug blends well with my furnishings and colors that includes tans, golden greens, medium cherry woodwork and cherry-walnut furniture. The colors are pretty much the same as what I observed on my monitor. The tufting is somewhat coarser than some of the other rugs I've purchased from Overstock but it's still very dense and feels nice underfoot. My only disappointment, and hence the one-star deduction, is that the pattern is not quite as shown in the photo -- it's a far more open design than what's presented so the rug appears far more green than rusty brown. See the image of the 3' x 5' Taj Mahal rug for a better idea of what you might receive.