This rug has a nice rich color to it, but it is more green than brown/orange like the picture. I have green in my room so this rug blended in nicely with the furniture and so forth, but if you don't have green as part of your color scheme, you might want a different product. The rug is thick and has good weight. It sheds some but I think this is pretty common as it is wool. Very satisfied with this rug.
In the picture the rug looks more gold and yellow with green touches. In reality, the rug is green and brown with no gold or yellow. Also, the design looks more detailed in the picture, but in actuality it isn't that intricate. All the reasons I bought the rug for (color and design) were not present in the final product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are nothing a like.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very.
Ignore the pictures - this rug is green and brown with tiny goldish-yellow details. It just so happens that the color will still work for my dining room, but consider yourself warned. If you are looking for something mainly gold with hints of olive green and rust red - THIS IS NOT IT!! Once I got past the difference in color, it is obvious that this rug is great quality. It arrived rolled up, in heavy duty plastic, and the majority of the wrinkles from rolling fell out within an hour or so.. I heeded the advice of previous reviewers and vacuumed it a couple times as soon as I unrolled it. Lots of shedding, but I think that is normal for wool. The rug is nice and thick and very soft. I will order from Overstock.com again (but I'm serious about the color...the picture is not even close).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not even close.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Okay
Overstock is the best place to buy rugs - the prices cannot be beat. In fact, you can buy a high quality real wool rug typically for less than some cheap synthetic rug at a local store. Wool rugs wear much better and feel so much more luxurious! They are dense and thick and usually really soft. That said, you are taking a bit of a risk buying a rug online: you have to go by the photos and trust that if you don't love it, you are not likely to return it because shipping something this large is a pain. Fortunately, I love this rug - it is sage green (unlike the photo which makes it look more gold). It does have some light tan/brown/gold in the design. Just know the primary base color will appear green and not gold. The only reason I did not give this rug five stars is because it is not all that soft. It is a nice dense pile, and about 3/4 inch thick (tall) from the floor, and looks wonderful. But, compared to several other wool rugs I have purchased from Overstock, it does not feel soft and silky under foot - more like a normal synthetic pile carpet. I still love the rug and it makes the perfect addition to my living room, making the style rich and classic. A rug like this will really make your room and pull everything together. I just find my dogs laying on the other wool rug in the room next door to it (a rug I also got on Overstock, probably a different brand), which is a softer wool (even the dogs can tell the difference). So, this is great sage green rug, of very nice quality--just not very soft to the touch.
different, not nearly as intricately patterned as the foto. much less gold, much more brown and green. I sent it back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? war more olvie drab and brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. musty smelling
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not so close
I almost did not order this rug because in the picture it looked like it had a lot of gold in it but the description says "green and rust"...so I took a chance and the colors are definitely green and rust. This is a great rug....excellent quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fair
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
While the quality and softness of this rug is excellent and feels very nice underfoot the colors on the picture are misleading. Based on the photo I expected the rug to be a goldish green and a reddish rust - it is truly a sage green and a mostly brownish rust - If returning it wasn't such a hassle and expense i would send it back.. It is not offensive but it does not have any vibrancy at all as depicted in the picture. It is drab. This is the first rug I have been disappointed in from Overstock. My last rug was outstanding and actually more vibrant than the picture appeared.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? poorly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent qualty
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I believe the rust should be called brown
I love the rug in the photo - unfortunately, the rug you receive looks nothing like it. The colors in the photo look goldish/green with red in border. The actual rug is VERY green with muted burgundy in the border. Also, the rug looks cheap. I returned the rug.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? no
- How is the quality of the product? cheap
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? no
I bought this rug because it was advertised as having red/rust accents. However the color of the rug is mostly dark sage with muted eggplant purple. I have bought other rugs from overstock that were fabulous and colors matched the description - this was the exception. If you are looking for red/rust accents, this is not the rug for you.
Although this rug is wonderfully thick and attractive, unless you like vacuuming every day and then still having fibers balling up on your carpet and flying around the room, don't buy this rug. Honestly, it's almost a year old and still sheds like it did from day one. My husband and I wonder how long the shedding will last. Probably longer than we will keep this poor excuse for a rug. There are better rugs out there. Skip this one.
First, let me say that the colors in this rug DO NOT match the picture on Overstock's website very well at all. The picture appears strong with reddish-rust and yellow golds. The actual rug that I received has a dominant earthy-green tone with the reddish-rust color being brownish in cast. The yellow gold is very muted and does not stand out at all. Now, the description says "golden Jaipur green / rust wool rug". I would say the green and rust are accurate, but the "golden" part not so much. All that said, the quality of this rug is outstanding. It is thick and dense and the weaving is nicely done. It does tend to shed its fibers, so it will need some frequent vacuuming while the new wears off, but the wool is rich and plush. It is so dense, I expect it to hold up very well and provide years of service for my floor. Even though the color isn't what I was really after, it still works well enough with my room decor to keep the rug. The quality of the rug is the main reason I kept it and why I give it 5 stars. I would knock off 1/2 point for the mismatch of the image, but everything else is great.
The rug arrived quickly and was in good shape except that it was slightly damp and needed to be aired out to keep it from getting moldy. The colors are definitely more green and brown and not "Golden" as indicated by the title or picture. Bottom line, it's a great rug at a great price!
This is a beautiful rug. The colors are accurate- it gives an overall muted effect. I originally wanted to put this in my dining room, but the pile was too high. So I am using it in the living room and it is PERFECT. The only downside is that it is still shedding after several months. A little excessive, but some shedding should be expected with wool.
The color shown here is not correct. I searched online for a long time and finally found another site that showed the correct color. It is green and rust with small bits of cream and gold. It is not muted as shown here. These were the colors that I was looking for--so I bought the rug. Overstock had the best price on this rug. It is thick and plush. Yes, it sheds--but I knew that when I purchased this rug.
Yes, the picture looks different than the color description. It is described as green and rust and IS green and rust. Very muted not vibrant but fits my theme of an old world look. Yes it does shed as all wool rugs do. It is annoying that some reviewers don't read the product description and/or get mad at overstock for the product description or picture supplied by the manufacturer.
The carpet is a huge disappointment. The colors are dull sage and dull brown and not at all like the photo. It sheds constantly and must constantly be vacumed. Big balls of wool accumulate, especially near the foot of chairs where there is more wear.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color in photo did not match actual color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It sheds and sheds and sheds, big balls of wool all over. Not great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The written ,online color description was accurate and the dimensions were accurate.
Needed a rug for dining room. The green in the rug matches my chairs Perfectly but the red was not as red as I wanted. I will make it work! Overall, good quality, love the thickness and for the price, this was a great buy! I am satisfied and would recommend this site to others.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The red in the rug is not as red as pictured. It was more of a faded mauve.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug was thick and durable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I have to admit that the description did warn that the color may not be exactly as pictured.
High pile. I was expecting so much less for the price. Soft and lovely.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very plush
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? true