I really like the look of this rug, however I had to return it twice bc of bald spots. Check it over real good before you throw out the packaging. Also this rug sheds a lot. It was also a bit lumpy which the shedding fixed that problem.
I love this rug but I did read the reviews before purchasing. Many were saying the picture was totally off and they were correct. I like the soft matted colors but had I been looking for vibrant like the picture, I would not have purchased. The color is a mellow olive with a rust/soft brown border. It is good quality and thick. It is shedding minimally but all wool I have ever purchased has shed some for awhile. Overall perfect for my home...but again, it has very soft colors and not the vibrant colors pictured.
I ordered the 2'3X8 and the 2"3X12 and the colors were not from the same dye lot. I kept both runners simply because they were not in the same area. The rugs are thick and do not need a pad. They do not slip.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not as dark as what the picture shows. Kinda muted colors
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great for the price for a wool runner
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate
They look and feel great, but we're having to sweep or vacuum a lot to keep up with the shedding. So the jury is still out on our measure of total satisfaction. They have been in use about 3 weeks.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close to the photos
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rugs look great and seem to be well made.
The runner was purchased to go in front of a kitchen sink and base cabinets and the matching smaller one for the side kitchen door leading out to the deck. I read the reviews and was prepared for the rug to be darker than pictured. At first I was disappointed but once down on the floor in the daylight, it actually looked rather nice and I realized the mottled gtreen and mossy color would probably work better in the kitchen to camoflage any spills between cleanings. The rug has an old world look to it, which we like. As stated by others, the green really is more mossy and the rust is actually a brown. It looks great in the house, is plush and although it is shedding for now, others stated that the shedding will stop. This rug is really nice and in spite of the color discrepancy, it is a keeper. Funny thing, I looked at SO many rugs, read SO many reviews but when this rug came up with a matching door mat size I ordered it on the spot (Christmas rush). THEN, I read the reviews and instantly regretted my purchase, expecting to dislike the rug. Much to my surprise, this rug really is nice and it works with the decor.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not accurate. The rug is mossy green and not rust, but brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. thick and plush underfoot
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? described well, other than the color
Was pleased when I saw it, nice muted colors nice thickness
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was more beautiful in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's thick and nice to walk on
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ?
Nice runner, I agree with prior reviews that the colors are definitely not as rich as the photo shows so be prepared. In fact very, very muted colors. The green is more of a light sage or olive green. And the rust is very subdued as well. Still, overall, it's a nice area runner.
I was leery in purchasing the rug as I like to see & feel these types of items. But it described it as being about 0.6 in. thick, so I thought I would chance it. I was not disappointed. It is nice & thick & plush & soft. the colors are fairly true to what I saw in the picture. I also purchased a 3x4 in same design. I have a lot of antiques so I wanted something that would look good, but not pay the price of hand-knotted rugs-it looks great.