Exquisite says it all. Yet that or any description that does justice to this rug will sound extravagant. I am thrilled with the beauty of this rug even though the blue shade is not quite what I wanted. I wanted something to complement a light navy (or deep royal blue) /and gold comforter set and valances. I was having trouble finding the look I wanted; so when I found this title, "Blue/Gold", I studied the pictures and reviews extensively, even though the pictures looked primarily bright gold and faintly light blue. Every attempt to explain the color seems to add to the confusion. Reviews on the variously sized "Exquisite" rugs described the color as "sea foam green", "dark greenish blue", "not grayish green", "blue/gold accurate", "steel grey blue", "deep blue grey", "extremely dark", "dark navy or black". Confusing! This color must be even harder than most to photograph or to reproduce on a monitor because depending on how I angled my monitor, most of those divergent descriptions seemed accurate. Perhaps also, there is a greater difference in the dye lots of the blue yarns for these individual rugs or for these "sister" rugs of various sizes, than is the case for most colors. At any rate, I finally took the advice of the reviewer who suggested that while it was lighter in sunlight, it was probably as close to a blend with navy as one was likely to find, if there was no sunlight on it. Well, mine gets no direct sunlight, but is still definitely lighter than I hoped. I call it steel gray/blue. It does look like the blue I saw on my monitor in certain positions! The gold is pretty much the shade it appeared, yet not as bold or predominant as it appeared. The primary color is the steel blue and the gold is a classy, not brassy bold, accent/border. So, the beautiful rug stays even though it's not as deep a blue as I needed or expected. While I won't advise anyone actually looking for navy to order this rug, I am thankful to the helpful reviewer. It may be as close as I was going to find. It blends. And I love my "Exquisite" rug. It looks royal even if not royal (or navy) blue! This rug is so thick, I probably shouldn't have put a cushy pad under it. It certainly doesn't NEED it. I just wanted to be sure it was cushy under foot and didn't want to risk a grid pad that might not hold it. I never had good luck with those purchased elsewhere previously. This one is dual sided... felt and synthetic rubber.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The site looks more gold and less blue than actual. This is complicated and confusing to explain or to understand the various and discrepant reviews. Please see my review.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Truly "exquisite"! It is a lush, dense, thick, soft, rich, classy rug, looking of absolutely top quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not quite. Perhaps it should say Steel Blue, or maybe Country Blue and stress that the primary color is this special, enchanting shade of blue.
The rug looks dark blue when the sunlight is not on it, it looks more grayish green when the light is on it. It goes really well with dark beige/ olive green, tan. Nice and thick. It was what I was looking for, navy rugs are hard to find. if you are trying to match navy in a room with not full sun this is a good choice.
Got this four days age and so far I am pleased with this rug. It feels plush and soft underfoot as well as looking great. I wanted a natural fiber rug the kids would be comfortable playing and reading on, and this fits the bill perfectly. It is our 1st hand-tufted wool rug so I can't compare to other rugs of the same type, but the quality seems good for the price. (Wish we could have gone with hand-knotted, but this is a good compromise.) Blue is more dominant in person than in the picture, but blue/gold describes the colors well and they are well balanced. I am glad I chose this rug.
This rug is lovely, but I wouldn't call it "exquisite." It ended up in our living room because it's a bit big for our entry hall and actually almost matches our couch color and pattern-wise. I would have preferred a bit more gold in it, but it's all right as it is.
I have rated this rug as excellent in style and value....the problem was that it arrived with an overpowering mildew smell that I couldn't tolerate for even 2 hours. I had to seal it back up and get it out of my house. I was really sad because it really is a beautiful rug and I would've loved to have it in my house. I have read other reviews that said there was no smell, so maybe it was just bad luck.
I bought this rug for my master bedroom. It is so beautiful. It matches my bedding and pillows perfectly. I now have a very elegant and beautiful master bedroom. The rug just brought it all together. I love the blue and gold and I would recommend this rug to everyone.
This product is nice and thick and of good quality but the color of gold is dull and the blue is almost green. Thought about sending it back but not worth the hassle.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not a great match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Material is Soft but colors are not the same as in the picture.
We spent SEVERAL hours in search of an area rug before finally settling on this. It is BEAUTIFUL. Not as much gold as the picture suggests, but a nice blue/green hue with gold accents. We wanted to simulate a peacock in the room, and this does the trick. The pile is nice and thick, spongy to the feet. Only had it a couple of days, so can't yet remark on the shedding. However, can't take my eyes off of it! Very pleased. Really nice in the daylight.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not quite as gold as the picture suggests
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice, plush, beautiful design
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Very nice carpet but the blue color is definitely different than pictured on the website. It's a nice thick carpet so I will keep it despite the blue color being more of a steel gray with slight green under tone. Worth the price! Delivery was very fast...within a week.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The blue color in the carpet is off..looks more like a steel grey with green undertone.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality and nice and thick
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good except the blue color was not
this rug is soft, thick, and an amazing value for the price. it does shed a bit, but from what i hear that's quite normal for new rugs. i adore the way it looks in my place!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? colors aren't quite as vibrant or golden as pic, but still very colorful and lovely