We all know that the colors on a computer monitor do not always represent the actual colors. Well that is the case here. The colors on this rug are MUCH MORE muted then the photo. But I am not about to pay a very high shipping fee to send it back, (The rug is very heavy) so I decided to keep it and learn to love it. While Overstock does have great prices on these rugs, I am not so sure I would purchase a rug again without actually seeing it. Just my opinion. The rug sheds like crazy, which I expected and is typical of these wool rugs. Just keep an open mind and vacuum often and change your vacuum bag often and I think you'll learn to love your new rug. I am falling in love with mine.
I wish the colors were as bright as on my computer..But look nice in my living room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? colors more drab than in photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice thick rug
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
If you looking for a rug with more muted colors -- I like very deep colors and this rug's colors look as though they've been left in the sun for many years, really washed out. I'm returning it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? colors are very muted -- almost look faded
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. thick rug -- good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate except for color representation
I purchased this rug to go in our new den. The house is old and working with existing quirks is difficult. This rug is perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Almost the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Lovely quality. Beautiful Rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The only reason I'm giving it 4 instead of 5 stars is because the colors are much more muted than represented, at least on my monitor, and of course wool sheds like crazy which I expect will go away after some time (I've had wool rugs before). The colors we actually ended up liking muted instead of brighter since it ended up working better for our color scheme.
The color of the this was completely different - not just similar, but completely different. It had a nasty musty odor to it that was getting worse as the days went by. I googled the issue ("musty rug odor") and the websites said straight out that the reason the musty odor was present is because of low quality wool that was used to make a rug. They advised to return the rug immediately since it can be unhealthy to have it at home (and I bought the rug for the newborn baby). I would advice everybody not to buy this rug, as it may be downright harmful because of low quality. And the color misrepresentation is just plain irritating.
Absolutely waited my money on this. This rug is dark, patterns bigger and not clear. Color lines are blurry. I called the customer service to return but it was going to cost me money for returning. I put in in the garage for tool tray.
BENEFITS: This is a beautiful rug. The colors are more muted than the picture indicates, which in my opinion, is a plus. This gives the rug a certain understated elegance. It is also a bit Victorian in style. The rug is quite thick and is comfortable to walk upon. DRAWBACKS: I've had the rug a few weeks, and thus far it sheds significantly.
I received the wrong rug; I ordered the rug for my aunt who is a senior citizen. I had it delivered to her house. I told her that I would put it place on the weekend but she had someone move all her furniture and place the rug in her dining room and when I got there on the weekend, I took one look at it and knew that was not the rug that I ordered.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Wrong rug was sent to me
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The rug I received was not the one in the picture